Myth II 1.7 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
Archer

Post by Archer »

I suspect it could be done, but it would probably require some careful augmentation of the film format and a lot of work.

(In principle, it's the same issue as playing it forward: you've got a random seed, a position in the sequence from that seed, and some amount of delta information and you use them to generate a new state. It's just that the forward problem needed to be solved already for net play, while films are the only use for the backward problem)

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Spike

Player tab f7

Post by Spike »

Since everyone is chiming in about stuff. I would like to pose a question. With out the obvious resolution change is there any way we can make the player tab(F7) resizable. I have heard that the map is now resizable can we do the same to the player list. It would be quite handy.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

New dialog lets you find a plugin on The Tain, when joining a red game.
Someone Explain please :o
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Double click a red game.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Ah I got ya :)
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

I wonder can you make it possible to copy and paste in myth chat , like you copy a link or any thing , come back to myth chat press control V , and here you go , It will be easy to link up .
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

while i've often wished i could cut and paste a link into the chat window, i can see how letting people cut and paste text might not be very good for the lobby. at least now people have to manually type whatever insults/spam/drivel they want other people to read. i for one don't want to have to endure people spamming the lobby with religious verses or other obnoxious rants cut and pasted into the chat window while i am waiting for a game to start.

i
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

VR u are indeed a pessimist , You wont mention that one can help someone new on myth about a plugin link , You can show someone some cool video , news , A website or even a worth reading article .
As far as racist slurs or religious comments are concerned , They would never stop > EVEN IF U BAN CHAT IN MYTH < So why worry :roll:
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Falcon, I don't think enabling copy & paste is such a good idea.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Falcon wrote:VR u are indeed a pessimist , You wont mention that one can help someone new on myth about a plugin link , You can show someone some cool video , news , A website or even a worth reading article .
Personally I don't WANT to see the myth game server lobbies become MWC/TWS style chat central and have to wade through all the youtube links, news posts, articles, and other crap that fills those spaces. Want to share links and youtube videos and pictures and articles? Use a forum, that's what they are for.

As for helping someone out with a plugin link? How hard is it to type "http://thetain.totalcodex.net"? Whether it's the Tain or some other site, just type the URL you lazy sod.

Besides if they enable cut and paste I can just see you posting the same text in multiple rooms, like you do with your forum posts

I vote no.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

vinylrake wrote:How hard is it to type "http://thetain.totalcodex.net"?
It is even shorter if you type "thetain.net", it works too. Besides, why will we need to paste links, try 1.7 and double click on a red game. If it is on the Tain, it takes you there.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I can, however, see the benefit of actual URLs showing up as clickable URLs. Similar to the missing plugins dialog download arrow that prompts your browser. It would be nice to be able to help someone by manually typing a url for a mapmaking tutorial or whatever, and not have to worry about them copying/mistyping that url wrong themselves and getting spammed further. If they can click the link, they get their problem solved quickest.

Worth looking into a tiny bit perhaps, but I agree with VR. Spammers suck, and know how to take advantage of tools to be annoying.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

Hate the new caps lock, 1.6 version of having all your units with a yellow box was way better.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

That's already been discussed & will be addressed in the next build.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Baak

Post by Baak »

Eddaweaver wrote:Falcon, I don't think enabling copy & paste is such a good idea.
The only way to do it (as I've mentioned before) is to have the copy be "one line" max, and the paste be "paste once" (which means once you've pasted the buffer is cleared). Enough to copy-paste a link once.

Using this you could spam no faster than doing...

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

I've had many times over the years where I've wanted to copy-paste a link during a conversation, as I'm sure others have.