Myth II 1.7 Final

Talk about anything here.
Chron1

Re: Myth II 1.7 Final

Post by Chron1 »

Thank you for your time and effort you guys put into this game. I do agree with the shift overhead map issue being annoying but it's not a huge factor. Another annoying issue is sometimes my screen freezes for 10 seconds or so when maximizing the screen from windowed mode.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

It's a no-brainer to make these kind of things optional. When windowed mode was released in some public patch, did that patch make myth always windowed? No, there was an option for it. When the patch with the inventory key was released, did that patch lock inventory to the 'i' key? No, you had the option of moving it to any key you wanted. Why would things be different for locking map resizing to the shift key?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

If every key setting was configurable, we'd need 4 more prefs screens.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Nothing is locked with the Shift key. The Shift key allows for even more combinations of keys to use for things.
zach

Post by zach »

for some reason i cant use open GL i dunno if its my video card or what im running a ATI x1600 with or without the textures everythings white an gray

any ideas?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Update your drivers. I have an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro (512 MB) and some months ago I was having issues with Myth. I was having lower FPS on it and even less with dtex on. Then I updated my drivers again and it was much better.
Propagandhi

Post by Propagandhi »

Starting mesh "Willow Creek"...
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #507: couldn't read header for projectile definition 'shgs'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #593: projectile group definition postprocess failed on 'ghast eruption group'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #593: monster definition postprocess failed on 'ghast'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #593: unit definition postprocess failed on 'ghast'.

Can't start single player myth the normal way, works fine in multiplayer.

1.6 fails differently:
Starting mesh "Willow Creek"...
Error: File system Open in /Volumes/Fire Drive/Myth/myth-16x/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #503: couldn't read header for projectile definition 'shgs'.
Error: File system Open in /Volumes/Fire Drive/Myth/myth-16x/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #589: projectile group definition postprocess failed on 'ghast eruption group'.

Edit: probably happening because of bad stuff in my local dir? What should be in myth 2 local? I was correct, clearing out local corrected the problem.
Last edited by Propagandhi on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

What is in your local folder? Normally people have their local empty. Some have formations or observer constant tags but that's all. Most of the rest of the tags would mess with your game if they used the same tags as the default game. So this is not a 1.7 thing.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

The only things that should normally be in your local folder, are any custom Formations you have (which would be located in the 'formations' folder), and a file called 'myth2', which is created by Myth, Fear, and Loathing.

That's it.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Great work guys! Kudos! :D
eiszo2

Post by eiszo2 »

I notice no difference between enableing high res textures or not. I followed the instructions so I think I did it okee. Visualy there is no diference between on or not.
Should the difference be obvious or just minor? Thank you guys for all your work. I play for over 15 years computergames and this is one of my all time favourites.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You need to also download the 'Bungie Map Textures' plugin available on the Tain. In conjunction with the Landscape Textures setting in prefs, it will enable detailed textures.

You can't view the detail textures without having them in your plugins folder first though. Myth II 1.7 isn't magic unfortunately.
eiszo2

Post by eiszo2 »

I have done that( putting it in plugins). I followed the instructions to the letter. But when I switch between OpenGl with the high res text. en D3D there is no difference in Imagequality. Also within OpenGl on and of setting the high text makes no difference on the visuals. I want to know if that is the same with other people. Can you see a big difference?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

There is no hi res option... you must be using 1.6. Load 1.7 and check Landscape Textures on.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Yep, that's right, just check Landscape Textures. And you will see the difference for sure, especially on non-sandy, snowy maps I think.