Talk about anything here.
carlinho

Re: Myth II 1.7 Final

Post by carlinho »

wow!!!!
amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.7 is great!!!!!!
tested it with high res textures and units and so far it works GREAT!!!!!!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Guys, guys, guys 1.7 is just awesome, I have no wrods.
High res textures look amazing - just like in M3 or even better, persistant coop vetarans rocks as well as easy plug dling thx to quick links to The Tain :D
Btw how exactly does it work? Do u link each submitet plug manualy - or plug needs to have some specific ulr in it ?

GREAT JOB :D

when is 1.8 comin ? ;)
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
eiszo2

Post by eiszo2 »

I have an issue. The salvation mission, when I choose OpenGl I get a white screen with sound. Choosing D3D and I have no problems. This started after using the 1.7 beta and final. When I used 1.5 I had no such troubles. I use a ATI 4850 and the latest drivers on XP.
killerking

Post by killerking »

I got a bug with my zerks on 'the great library'. I ordered them to run from a fetch, but some of them went on a clump and didn't run. After that I dropped the game. Please fix this annoying bug!
Attachments
17 final zerk not running.zip
Somehow my zerks run but all clump up and they don't move forward. I dropped the game.
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

killerking wrote:I got a bug with my zerks on 'the great library'. I ordered them to run from a fetch, but some of them went on a clump and didn't run. After that I dropped the game. Please fix this annoying bug!
Thanks for the bug report and film, killerking. We'll do our best to fix it for the next update.
eiszo2

Post by eiszo2 »

Could someone post a screenshot of the 1.7 final with the goodies on. That way I know what it is supposed to look like. I think something is not working for me.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

eiszo2 wrote:I have an issue. The salvation mission, when I choose OpenGl I get a white screen with sound. Choosing D3D and I have no problems. This started after using the 1.7 beta and final. When I used 1.5 I had no such troubles. I use a ATI 4850 and the latest drivers on XP.
Check your preferences, do you have 3D Fog on? If so, uncheck it and retry Salvation under OpenGL. Did that fix it? For me I get a white screen in maps that use fog. It also happens under 1.6, so it isn't a 1.7 issue. I can still see selection boxes, health bars, maybe mana bars (I don't recall), status/control bars, and text.

It may be a driver issue. Some months back Myth was sluggish and at the time I had the latest drivers. A few months later I updated them and it was back to normal again.

As for the Dtex stuff. In your prefs have Landscape Textures checked while using OpenGL. You will also need the Magma - Bungie Map Textures v1 addon plug in your plugins.

EDIT: I just checked and OpenGL wasn't introduced to the Windows version of Myth until 1.5.1, so your computer probably never had 3D Fog work correctly for you. You probably thought Direct3D's 3D Fog, which does work for me.
eiszo2

Post by eiszo2 »

I dorpped the 3Dfog in OpenGl and then all is well. I will try a new install. I play the game in 1680.
Using D3d gives me better graphics then using OpenGl with the landscape textures on.( I have the Manga Bungie Map textures).
The units look hazy, less sharp. D3D gives also better color. Did 1.7 also improves the quality of the units or only the landscape?
Version 1.7 gives very smooth gameplay.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

No, unfortunately the units are still the stock bitmaps that came with the game back in the day.

As for the detail textures, you can't run them on D3D... maybe I misinterpreted what you said, but it sounded like you said detail textures run better in D3D than they do in OpenGL... which is not possible, since they only run in OpenGL.

This makes me suspect you're still not getting the texture plugin to work.

Unless what you meant is you get better framerates in D3D, than you do in OpenGL with detail textures turned on. If this is in fact what you meant, this can be expected. Detail Textures have a cpu run cost... it's more work for a computer and graphics card to process the information cached in detailed textures. Consequently, this will probably tax your overall framerate. To be expected.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

it could also just be that he preferred the look of the landscape without the detail textures and hence d3d looked superior to him.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
eiszo2

Post by eiszo2 »

For me D3D looks better. The image is sharper that way. OpenGl tends to soften up the picture.( when I enable high rs landscape/ OpenGl the picture becomes a bit fuzzy) Also the units look less sharp when I use OpenGl. There is a clear difference for me.The landscapes look beter than but the units do not.
I compared Myth TFL version 1.5 with Soulblighter and the units in TFL look better. They are a little bigger and look sharper. Maybe it is just me.

Last thing. I can't download the PC demo of 1.7. I get a blank page that say: no items. Maybe it is hidden( or something like that)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I've fixed the demo download links now.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You're absolutely correct about the TFL sprites looking sharper.

The bitmaps used for units in TFL were in fact a little bit bigger and a little bit clearer than the Myth 2 ones which are indeed more anti-aliased and 'smooth' looking. The major difference and reason we're not all using TFL bitmaps though, is that in TFL they only used 5 views and then mirrored the other 3, where in Myth 2 there's unique views for all 8 angles.

At the time, DVDs as game disks werent yet wide spread. They wanted to pack all of Myth 2 onto 1 CD. If they'd gone with the higher res TFL style sprites, but the extra view angles of Myth 2, the collections folder would've been about 20% larger in overall size... which likely would've bumped Bungie's game over the CD size limit at the time.

Result is we don't have high res units to go with the high res landscape. Oh well. 1.8â„¢
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Most animations in Myth II also have more frames in them in than those of TFL, which is why a lot of units look "jerky" as they move. I don't remember if TFL even had smoothing between the frames or not, which Myth II lets you do.

I guess Bungie decided they wanted greater in-action quality, rather than static quality, as TFL's higher-res units only really look better when they're standing still and you're zooming in and out to look :D
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

haravikk wrote:Most animations in Myth II also have more frames in them in than those of TFL, which is why a lot of units look "jerky" as they move. I don't remember if TFL even had smoothing between the frames or not, which Myth II lets you do.

I guess Bungie decided they wanted greater in-action quality, rather than static quality, as TFL's higher-res units only really look better when they're standing still and you're zooming in and out to look :D
QFT
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD