The "Myth Bible"? Is there such a thing?

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

The "Myth Bible"? Is there such a thing?

Post by GodzFire »

Being on a recent Myth history kick I came upon THIS forum post from Elfoid about a supposed 'Myth Bible':
Golden God has a cousin @ Bungie who gave him the MYTH BIBLE. Or so he says.

Apparently it over 1000 pages chronicling whole history of Myth, all seven ages (7?!) and naming all Levellers. Sounds oddly similar to Myth III in many aspects (some historical facts are strait from M3) so I think he mb wrong. He seem an honest guy tho.
The topic died out before any concrete was figured out, but I'm wondering, has anyone else heard of such a thing?
Road

Re: The "Myth Bible"? Is there such a thing?

Post by Road »

Most of the discussions Iv seen are at the asylum. Id go there and see maybe.
http://carnage.bungie.org/myth/asylum/asylum.forum.pl
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

yeah its called Elfoid being stupid.

was this topic related to god cops in any way or form?
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

No, godcops isn't golden god. golden god is paris, most recently host of the TWS2 tournament. I don't bet, but if I had to, I'd be may more willing to bet that Paris was just having a go at a younger more trusting Elfoid making up stories that he knew would get him going, than I would on him actually having a cousin who worked at Bungie who someone gave the "Myth Bible" to. (I am sure Bungie just gives 1000 page source material documents to every tom, dick and harry who work at Bungie.)

Not that he couldn't have one of course,but I wouldn't wager anything of any personal value on the likelihood of the story being true.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Note, I said "or so he says" and my post made it clear I doubted him. Paris was not known to the Myth community at large at this point, it was shortly after he returned to Myth and was just another guy. He'd not shown his streak for dishonesty, stupidity and unreliability at this point and was a far, far less annoying character since he'd not started to mix with the 'cool kids'. I barely knew the guy.

Also, I was 15 years old at that point in my life.

Thank you for pointing out that it wasn't me, VR, and was infact Par - quick save there.

However, I can confirm he did have a cousin who did (and does, I think) work at Bungie. Ruiner of Civil Order fame (for the non competitive or newer to Myth among you, Civil Order/Street Fighters, came third place in the TFL MWC98, then won 8 major Myth tournaments in a row from early 1999 to late 2000 - they only lost a tournament when Ruiner left the team). So while Paris does make up an awful lot of things, that one's true.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Elf, I hope my post didn't sound critical of _you_, that wasn't my intent. As you pointed out, you were younger and more naïve when you wrote that, that's all I meant to imply. OK, that and even if Paris does have a cousin who works at Bungie (I want to see family xmas photos, birth certificates and notarized statements by parents before I'll accept that story) I still think it unlikely that A) such a thing exists, and B) that Bungie would just give it to random (tho allegedly accomplished) myth playing employee - but that's not a reflection on YOU it just illustrates my own world view and my distrust of Paris (and other people I have no reason to trust).
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Agreed - as I said, I doubted it existed in that post from years ago, and don't believe it exists at all now. At that time I just didn't want to rule it out entirely.

Someone played under Ruiner's alias in MWC06 on Par's team, Thundercox. That a rusty no-one-has-seen-him-in-ages guy turned up on one of the best teams that tournament leaves me thinking it. Not a lot of people really disputed that it WAS Ruiner because he only played a few games - I think if it was someone who bothered to make a fake account and pretend to be him, they'd bother to show up more than a handful of times since it shows they care to a degree. And no one has disputed Par's claims that Ruiner is his cousin to my knowledge. But as I said, the issue has not been discussed at length on any forums that I've seen so anyone who could tell us if Par is being honest in the case of Ruiner or not hasn't come forward....I'll do some asking around I guess just to satisfy curiosity.

Most of the Civil guys were Bungie employees though, that much is true - that's why they became so good, so fast.

I know the post wasn't critical VR, you seemed to be defending me. You and I do get along, provided we're not in a tournament setting.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:I know the post wasn't critical VR, you seemed to be defending me. You and I do get along, provided we're not in a tournament setting.
ok, cool then. But if by 'get along in a tournament setting' you mean I don't ENJOY getting my butt kicked by your team, then you are right, we don't 'get along' well at all in a tournament setting.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

My fathers brothers nephews cousins former roomate has a copy of the bible and beta version of myth 4-7. See I can do it too. :lol:

I will put in a check with the guy I know who formerly worked at bungie to see if even such a thing exists.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Here is an answer to your 500th questions godzfire straight from a Bungie Ex-Employee.

"Yes. They had it sitting in the office all the time, along with the Marathon and Halo bibles. Why do you ask?"

Going to see if he has a copy but I doubt it. He worked there after Myth was made.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

If all your posts are just going to be bullsh*t jokes, the do us a favor and go somewhere else. This is trying to be taken seriously.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

All my posts aren't just jokes. I just told you the bible exists from an actual ex-Bungie employee. Which is the answer to your question Tiny Grasshoppa. Where shall I go? Maybe you should take things less seriously. Hence a video "game"

Your welcome for the insider info.
"Yes. They had it sitting in the office all the time, along with the Marathon and Halo bibles. Why do you ask?"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Deqlyn wrote:My fathers brothers nephews cousins former roomate
Doesn't this boil down to being your second cousin's roomate? Father's brother is your uncle, uncle's nephew is your cousin, cousin's cousin is your cousin or second cousin, and that person had a former roomate.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

You say potato I say Yam thank you for that clarification Graydon I always wondered what those space balls writers really meant. :lol:
WazzaMouse
Site Admin

Post by WazzaMouse »

Graydon wrote:
Deqlyn wrote:My fathers brothers nephews cousins former roomate
Doesn't this boil down to being your second cousin's roomate? Father's brother is your uncle, uncle's nephew is your cousin, cousin's cousin is your cousin or second cousin, and that person had a former roomate.

Uncle's nephew could also be your brother :P
But either fork ends up being your cousin's roommate