Myth II 1.7 Final

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Myth II 1.7 Final

Post by Pyro »

Godzfire, those 3 guys saying there is something wrong with left clicking and shift left clicking for 1.7 are wrong. They just have the "TFL Mouse Actions" box checked in their controls.
devSin

Post by devSin »

When action sniffing is hogging the controls, pressing the Up arrow to display the previous messages causes all history subtitles to continuously flicker (i.e., if there's an active message, it's drawn normally, but all the older lines flicker on and off as long as the Up arrow key is held). You can see this in action in the Tutorial, with subtitles enabled, when the camera control portion starts up. This didn't occur in 1.3.x (Up arrow worked normally).

In 1.3, onscreen feedback (subtitles and messages) appeared and then faded out, all pretty like. In 1.7, they just disappear. I think this is a definite downgrade (esp. for single player).

If you have the Shift or Command keys held down, then press and hold the Control key, clicking on the ground doesn't perform a ground attack even after releasing extraneous keys (e.g., holding down the Command key, the preset message appears; now holding the Control key, the preset message remains; finally releasing the Command key, the preset message disappears, and clicking on the ground performs a standard left-click even though the Control key is still being held)? You have to press the Control key while no other key is pressed to actually have it initiate ground attacks (if you have the Shift and Control keys held, you simply need to release the Control key to set waypoints with Shift-click: you don't need to release and repress Shift).

Mac OS X 10.4.11; Myth II Universal 1.7.0; PPC
Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

neutral observers are not able to see underwater units, even though they show on overhead map. I dont remember how it was in 1.6, but i dont see any reason why neutral observers shouldnt be able to see them.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

No reason why but my herons on Killing Grounds with Shift+Special key can not heal themselves at once but turn to heal the heron which was clicked :?
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

The only way I can describe the first bug is T-lag. Units kind of ignore their specials for a while when you hit t. They ignore the t-special command completely if they are attacking. Come to think of it, units ignore pretty much every command except taunt while attacking in 1.7.
The second bug I hate is that units will just stop what they are told to do and attack anything that is between point A where they are and point B where you tell them to go. If anything is there, they'll attack it.
The third is underwater selection/deselection. Any scenery or projectiles underwater will deselect your units if your mouse pointer is over the underwater item. Makes for some hell on gimble hill game SD.
Pathfinding, ugh.
Tardy U-turns galore. Need help? Let me run away from you for 20 feet and make a big U slowly and THEN make my way back to you.
toe
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Are you sure you aren't lagging? Maybe your computer is running slow or something is affecting it. I don't experience those issues you mentioned, except I think the underwater deselecting but that will be taken care of by the next update.