A Few Problems

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Methodlessman

A Few Problems

Post by Methodlessman »

Hi !

A few friends and I recently decided to start playing Myth again. We were quite happy to discover how much new content has come out since we stopped playing many years ago. : )

After encountering many problems trying to install Myth 2 on Mac OS X and patch to v1.7 with one CD, we were able to get the game up and running by referring to many of the help topics posted on this board.

However, there are a few things that we still can't get to work properly, and I was hoping someone might be able to suggest a fix. (I'm running Myth on one of the new Macbook Pros with OS X version 10.5.7)

Problem 1: I downloaded the enhanced Map Textures plug-in, and placed it in my plug-in folder. However, it does not show up in the list of available plug-ins (other plug-ins show up just fine, and I have tried enabling and disabling all of the landscape/graphics preferences to see if they mattered).

Problem 2: I downloaded the fallen lords single player levels (very cool!) and they work well. Unfortunately, although I followed the instructions given regarding the cutscenes.gor file, I can't get the in-game cutscenes to play. (Is there a place that just has them available to download?)

Problem 3: I was interested in checking out some of the recorded films of people completing hard challenges in the single player campaign. I place the films in the recordings folder, but I can't get the files of the recordings to show up in the saved films menu option. Other recorded files, such as recordings from the Myth World Cup show up just fine.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !
GodzFire

Re: A Few Problems

Post by GodzFire »

1) The map textures won't show up as a plugin, they are just loaded by default. To enable to disable them, simply press F11

2) gor files don't play with M2. Not sure about this one

3) In order to view a recording, in addition to the film, you also need the map it was played on (and the correct map version) in order for it to load.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You need to enable "Landscape Textures" in preferences to see detail textures.

The cutscene.gor file is not supported with the Universal Binary version of Myth II, unfortunately.
devSin

Post by devSin »

GodzFire wrote:3) In order to view a recording, in addition to the film, you also need the map it was played on (and the correct map version) in order for it to load.
I think he's saying that they don't even appear in the menu (normally, you'd just be told that you're missing plugins). I think most of the times I've seen something like this has been because of files in the local folder, but I thought Myth II always just ran OOS instead of not letting them show up like TFL did...?

If they work, somebody here probably has the TFL cutscenes in QuickTime format on udogs or somewhere if you can weasel a link out of them or just sniff it out by hitting all the folders.
Methodlessman

Post by Methodlessman »

Thanks for the quick replies~

I see what you are saying about the textures-- I got that figured out. Thanks!

The recording files don't show up at all in saved films- films that I don't have the right map / plugins for show up, just as Devsin said, with a warning. But they do appear.

I don't know if it matters, but the icons in the actual folders for the ones that do show up appear as a parchment with Soulblighter (?) in front- the icons of the ones that don't show up appear as just a black square.

Finally, could some one (pretty) please post a link to the Myth cutscenes ?

Thanks again !
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I don't know if I've seen a link to quicktime versions of TFL (jongod?) the m2 ones are at : http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -cutscenes
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:I don't know if I've seen a link to quicktime versions of TFL (jongod?) the m2 ones are at : http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -cutscenes
I don't have them, if you find them, let me know.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
sillek

Post by sillek »

MythDev/FlyingFlip Hotline had the Myth II cutscenes in .mov at one point, unless I am mistaken.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

sillek wrote:MythDev/FlyingFlip Hotline had the Myth II cutscenes in .mov at one point, unless I am mistaken.
They did, but I am not so sure about the TFL cutscenes.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Jon God wrote:
sillek wrote:MythDev/FlyingFlip Hotline had the Myth II cutscenes in .mov at one point, unless I am mistaken.
They did, but I am not so sure about the TFL cutscenes.
The had the TFL ones too, but in .mp4, I have them, they're awful. The sound-quality just ruins them, and the picture is dreadful. You'd be better off just getting an older computer which can run a system video/audio-recording program and rip them that way.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: