A Myth venture

Talk about anything here.
Spooky

A Myth venture

Post by Spooky »

First I request the moderators to please make this a sticky for a couple of weeks
Well I returned to myth after 3 or some years , last night while being in an unranked room at 9pm EST with only 7 people and 0 games did hurt my feelings . I remember 9pm EST was the time of game at playmyth with more then 30 players on normal day :(

Now let me tell u what I made this thread for , I have a couple of news for u guys .
Number 1 is that i'm leaving for a tour to Australia for 5 days and ill be back on 12th , So I might not be able to respond to your comments !
News number 2 is that I joined Zynga as a marketing assistant 3 months back , Company is now heading for a venture called Zynga(ARy90) for launching old games like warcraft etc in vastly growing but still underrated markets of Asia , Africa and Oceania .
I have no idea why you guys keep launching updates with a better gameplay when there is no one who can enjoy them , In last 2 days I haven't seen a single player (except adrenaline who was on for some 15 minutes) who knows what magic dirt is and how to do micro melle ! Actually I want to say updating or enhancing gameplay is a thing for game pros and I saw none of them !
I have no idea what this thread might result into but honestly every update turns into a bug after sometime , I've done nothing for this game in my carrier unlike you guys who update it neither I'm a programmer who can tell u what to do or what not ! Also I saw a Renwood myth4 project and just after looking at website's homepage it is evident that it will be taking more then a year or so !
If u guys really want to produce quality forget not the quantity and making a update for a newb lot who don't even KNOW what public beta is a waste of time .
After looking at myth chess and Our Farewell tagset also the change of theme in Green Barrett's I thought that the game's outlook can be customized .
I ask you guys to do so , Give your thoughts to change outlook and not the gameplay which I guess doesn't need to be changed anymore , Please we did this with bible and a very few read it :mrgreen:
Last time I left Take2 interactive was owner of myth copyrights , I don't know who owns it now and where he is but If u guys want we can open a Myth Charity and buy CopyRights of myth in name of Project Magma , Believe me it is not at all hard and I'm willing to talk to Butcher or Tiger or whoever I can for the game !
If u guys are interested I will advertise this game on Zynga(ARy90) project roster , But sadly not in it's current condition .
Think about it , this is just a mere suggestion from my side and If all of this cannot be done we can atleast do something to help this game become alive !
If we can buy Myth rights in name of Magma and u guys develop it into a little funky shape Im willing to undertake the job of advertising it in all markets on Zynga's behalf which is having more then 60million users !
We can make a dedicated server and charge people for Registrations and yearly fees like bungie ! Money will be used as project royalty fees and myth development . I found no one better for this Job but P.P.E himself
So as u guys just came to know what I said !
This is not final verdict ,
Keep bringing in your comments !
in any from sporadic or non sporadic
Positive will be appreciated , Negative won't be minded :P
Yeah Word Pals !
Spooky

Re: A Myth venture

Post by Spooky »

I forgot what my aim is :D
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Spooky wrote:First I request the moderators to please make this a sticky for a couple of weeks
Why? It won't disappear if it isn't stickied . :P
Spooky wrote:Well I returned to myth after 3 or some years , last night while being in an unranked room at 9pm EST with only 7 people and 0 games did hurt my feelings . I remember 9pm EST was the time of game at playmyth with more then 30 players on normal day :(
Myth is dying, it is to be expected. Besides, that isn't always the case. During some parts of the year people are more busy than in others. Right now there are more than 7 people and more than 0 games on Mnet. People are mostly in a Tourney room nowadays, not in an Unranked or Ranked room.
Spooky wrote:I have no idea why you guys keep launching updates with a better gameplay when there is no one who can enjoy them , In last 2 days I haven't seen a single player (except adrenaline who was on for some 15 minutes) who knows what magic dirt is and how to do micro melle ! Actually I want to say updating or enhancing gameplay is a thing for game pros and I saw none of them !
So the devs should stop making updates just because players don't pay attention to what changes in the updates or even understand them?
Spooky wrote:I have no idea what this thread might result into but honestly every update turns into a bug after sometime
What bugs are you talking about?
Spooky wrote:If u guys really want to produce quality forget not the quantity and making a update for a newb lot who don't even KNOW what public beta is a waste of time .
So because the common Myth player might not know what a public beta is, magma should stop making updates and just quit Myth?
Spooky wrote:I ask you guys to do so , Give your thoughts to change outlook and not the gameplay which I guess doesn't need to be changed anymore
You have been away for a while, maybe there are still a few more bugs to get rid of that you forgot. As for the "outlook", I think you mean the Interface. You can go download some from the Tain. Magma isn't just going to change it unless something is broken or added.
Spooky wrote:Last time I left Take2 interactive was owner of myth copyrights
They still own Myth.
Spooky wrote:If u guys are interested I will advertise this game on Zynga(ARy90) project roster , But sadly not in it's current condition .
What is wrong with its current condition?
Spooky wrote:If we can buy Myth rights in name of Magma and u guys develop it into a little funky shape
Funky shape? What is wrong with Myth or do you mean its declining community?
Spooky wrote:Im willing to undertake the job of advertising it in all markets on Zynga's behalf which is having more then 60million users !
No one is against more players.
Spooky wrote:We can make a dedicated server and charge people for Registrations and yearly fees like bungie ! Money will be used as project royalty fees and myth development . I found no one better for this Job but P.P.E himself
Playing Myth online is free and we are slowly losing players, what makes you think we will have more players if they are charged registration and yearly fees. It would make less people play.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Nicely said pyro I will appreciate that , but i didnt mention that games are to be a little customized before they are to be uploaded on our roster I used the term "Turn game a little funky" instead , Also point about gameplay which I gave holds not much but a litlle water :) And the registration money I talked about as I mentioned about is not going to be implemented now but after game's advertisement and not on a 50 people community but a vast community of atleast 1000 people , Marketing baby :shock:

It's up to you guys , If you are interested and willing to do something for Myth , I'm up !
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Healthy arguments are fruitful !

Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Others might not reply to this because it is a bit confusing to understand your wording. You ignored some of my questions and posting that screenshot is useless. Look I can do it too, Spooky... or Falcon if you prefer.

Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Do you have concrete suggestions on what would make Myth more attractive to new players?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Pyro wrote:Others might not reply to this because it is a bit confusing to understand your wording. You ignored some of my questions and posting that screenshot is useless. Look I can do it too, Spooky... or Falcon if you prefer.
Myrd wrote:Do you have concrete suggestions on what would make Myth more attractive to new players?
It's all upto you guys Myrd ! You guys know what it needs and what can be done ! down for anything ! I will just need a myth 2 cd (not same as bungie) for my job .
Leif

Post by Leif »

Hey Spooky, welcome back.

I think it's great if you want to advertise Myth in developing countries or anywhere, but I don't understand how changing the look of the game will make that possible. Doesn't Take 2 hold copyright to more than just the look? If it were just a matter of changing the Dwarves to Doofs and turning their hats around backwards then I'd be all for it. There are already mods and TC's out there to do it. :roll:

On the other hand, it might be possible to make a Myth knock-off that runs in the browser and expand the community that way. Although that's not very original and I'm not sure what tech you could use.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

it's really amazing you could advertise myth, but what I think everybody wants to know in detail, is what does myth need to have specifically for your subjectivity to feel it's great...
I mean it's totally subjective what is great and what is not...

for my subjectivity, well, project magma not only improved gameplay, they did some funky stuff as you say, in improving game fps so now we can do high res units, and adding high res textures to color maps, not even to mention inventory...

unfortunately games age, and computer games are associated with technology, so it's not like a card game or a table game, as technology evolves, so games get old
and people are always attracted to technologically new stuff...

it comes down to the same thing, if myth was a freeware game then you could advertise that now you can play this amazing game for free....
but to advertise something you need to find a catch, what catch you are going to sell to people ? catch 22? ha! I'm so funny... drums roll....

anyways, I would love to hear more about this, anything that can be done is something positive.
I love things done... (that's another funny thing coming from me....hahahaha)
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

It seems that if you add these supposed 1000 people from the Pacific side of the world it would do nothing to help us. Not many are on during the day and I am sure those players due to time differences would not be on a 9PM or whever the quality time is. I do think europeans will follow a game longer than most people knowing that from experience but I say let it die.

And if you throw in the first 50K ill pitch in too. *waits for the first donation*
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Deqlyn wrote:It seems that if you add these supposed 1000 people from the Pacific side of the world it would do nothing to help us. ...
Whether or not a very large % of the mythical 1000 people would be online at the same time as you isn't really the point in terms of keeping the game alive, of growing the community, of having a larger pool of creative people to make new things for myth.

But if your sole goal is for you personally to have more people to play with, why does a 12 hour timezone difference make you not willing to even consider the possibilities? You just find the overlap when you are both awake. Early morning for one person is early evening for another, there's bound to be some overlap. I have a harder time finding mutually acceptable time to play with people who are 3-4 hours away than I do 8-14 hours away. I am in EDT US but often see a bunch of Asian players on mnet in the early morning hours of the weekends.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Hey, one thing I know for sure, is that it would be cool to have a lot of new Myth players, to make Myth community grow and all that stuff. If it's really possible, then I'd love to see that happening. I'm pretty sure there are some competent people in here, who could talk with Spooky over all this issue. Also, I wouldn't care about money right now, Myth is just too old and rusty to get money from it, at least for now :wink: But if it's really possible, then look what a great opportunity to make Myth known we have. If it would really work so good of course :wink: But I think it's worth trying/interesting for sure.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

now c'mon everybody, all we need to do is make myth a little funky! Get cracking!
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Im pretty sure we'll be getting the money for it but who wants to drop it in the mailbox to take2? You cant make money off of something you don't own...