Zeph

Re: Scripters and other skilled myth DEVS WANTED

Post by Zeph »

He should call it myth IV
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I hope he calls it "Myth 3^2"

I find it amusing to hear Ren criticizing/complaining about someone else's use of the same 3 letter as the TWindA project - when the official Myth 3 game had that same acronym YEARS before this TWindA came along.

Or wait, maybe I have my chronology wrong, does TWindA pre-date Myth 3: The Wolf Age?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

See I'm making a plugin called Myth: TWA but it's actually a meticulously scripted mesh where you get to watch all of the TWA flights over the North American continent over the years 1989-2009.

I better call it something else now.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Given that TWA merged with American Airlines several years ago, you might want to rethink the project anyways - or at least reduce the scope. Or you could reduce the time span and increase the geographic scope - mb have some levels cover the European or Asian flights?

Can't wait for this campaign, I love new levels.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Wallet, Rake:

I lolled.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

yea nothing against revan ~8^) im not trying to own the letters in the combonation "TWA" just that maybe to not confuse people another name like "Myth 3 Port" or somthing might be handy.

BTW due to popular demand i WILL be putting up some screenshots of the stuff people have asked about. i never post sceens on magma because ooga says you gotta link to some photo hosting site and cant directly upload images here like our TWA website can, or something like that.

whats the quickest way to do that here?

and please dont say PhotoFuckIT, beacause i hate that site ~8^)

do i have to do something lame like upload it to my site first then link it here?
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

What is wrong with PhotoBucket? And what is wrong with your uDogs uploads folder?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Renwood wrote:do i have to do something lame like upload it to my site first then link it here?

Promoting your project is lame? Some true inspiration there.

To answer your question more directly: Yes, uploading them to a third party source like your website is the easiest way to do it. Or, if you were really lazy, you could upload them to your site and put a link to that location here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Photofuckit.

Hehehe.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

If your TWindA site is easy to upload images to, why don't you just post them there and link to them here? Then you'll have TWindA publicity in two places?
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

yea thought id have to upload it to ours then link it here...
why exactly cant we just post images on magma's site?

Just was never a feature ill take it.

BTW i played the shit out of myth 3 when it came out, and NOBODY called it "TWA" back then. it was allways "M3" or "Myth3"
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Renwood wrote:why exactly cant we just post images on magma's site?
Maybe magma doesn't want people using up more of their bandwidth or space for files that magma had nothing to do with. Not hard to upload elsewhere, you would have had to upload it either way.

Renwood wrote:BTW i played the shit out of myth 3 when it came out, and NOBODY called it "TWA" back then. it was allways "M3" or "Myth3"
Sometimes Myth 2 is referred as SB and TFL might be referred as M1. Just because it doesn't happen right away doesn't mean it won't later on when its more popular. When m3 came out, they likely didn't see a reason to call it TWA since some might not have known what that was at the time.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Yeah, I played the crap out of M2 when it came out and no one called it 'SB' either. But as mentioned, it's simpler to keep things straight if we at least keep obvious acronyms fairly unique.

You probably wouldn't think it's a big deal but when you are trying to tell from the name of a map what version of Myth it's for it can be misleading. Evidence: some Myth TFL plugins that are ports of a M2 Bungie map and have either M2 or SB in the title. Yes, it IS a port of a map FROM that version of Myth, but keep it simple I say.

If it has M1, MI, or TFL in the map/plugin name it should be for Myth : The Fallen Lords

If it has M2, MII, or SB in the map/polugin name it should be for Myth 2: Soulblighter

and if it has M3, MIII, or TWA in the name it should be for Myth 3: The Wind Age

The only exception should be in a case like the M3 port to M2 which if it has M3 or TWA or MythIII anywhere in the title should also have M2 - something like "The Wolf Age Campaign for Myth 2" or "MythIII Campaign for Myth II" or somesuch.
And I am sure that TWindA is not the only recent or current project that breaks this common sense rule.
Horus

Post by Horus »

I want to see pictures!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »