bug killing homies !

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: bug killing homies !

Post by Pyro »

Give me the link of the driver you used.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I repeat, give me the link of the driver you downloaded. There is no driver download on that page.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I tried to download it, but some sort of error. Are you sure you downloaded from that site? Judging by the date of that driver it wasn't the latest. You should get it from nVidia instead. Is Myth the only game or program that gives you issues?
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

I appreciate your help thus far pyro , thanks .
I installed driver and it work .. I have nvidia control installed and my properties read :
Philips 105S (105S2) on nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X
Thing which is a little fishy is that , when i turn on computer i recieve a pop up that reads New hardware detected MEDIA , problem occuring new hardware ..
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

So Myth is looking like it should in OpenGL and Direct3D? As for the popup, it is possible some hardware issue is being picked up. Maybe the card has something wrong with it and could eventually stop working. As someone else suggested earlier, it could be that the card is dying or maybe overheating. I hope your computer has some ventilation so it can at least cool it down. But if it is dying, there is no fix. You would need to replace it when it eventually dies.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

LOL OK
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Also you should be on XP SP3. There's absolutely no reason to still be on SP2. You're just asking for trouble then.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Don't listen to Godzfire, he isn't a Windows user (or much of one). Upgrade when and if you can but having at least XP at SP1 will be safe enough. So you aren't in immediate trouble.

Also, you ignored my question... Does it works in OpenGL and Direct3D? So for future reference to anyone having similar issues... always update to the correct and latest drivers. Don't do it half right or you could still face issues.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Pyro wrote:Don't listen to Godzfire, he isn't a Windows user (or much of one). Upgrade when and if you can but having at least XP at SP1 will be safe enough. So you aren't in immediate trouble.
Don't tell me what I am or am not. I'm more of a Windows user than most people. It's MY JOB to know Windows, and I'm telling you that not updating to SP3 is stupid. And saying SP1 is "safe enough" is a fool's defense.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

GodzFire wrote:
Pyro wrote:Don't listen to Godzfire, he isn't a Windows user (or much of one). Upgrade when and if you can but having at least XP at SP1 will be safe enough. So you aren't in immediate trouble.
Don't tell me what I am or am not. I'm more of a Windows user than most people. It's MY JOB to know Windows, and I'm telling you that not updating to SP3 is stupid. And saying SP1 is "safe enough" is a fool's defense.
It wasn't me who started telling people to "buy a mac" or that vista is the worst OS in history and deeply flawed. The many ways you have assumed people's computer related issues were because of their OS. And how you imply how great Mac is and yet didn't your computer have some sort of hard drive issue when you upgraded to Snow Leopard? So it is not me saying what you are or what you are not. It is you that has made it clear to anyone nearby what you claim to be.

And I am not saying he shouldn't update, all I am saying is that you are exaggerating the dangers. XP without any Service Pack is as dangerous to your computer as installing viruses yourself onto your computer. There were some major flaws viruses that caused trouble during those days. Having at least SP1 will give him time to update. Without SP1, connecting to the internet alone gave it an almost certainty of getting a virus.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Look you two, this isn't the fanboi OS-wars topic so let it go.

OBVIOUSLY this is a problem of using the wrong driver. I suggest either this one, or if the comp is older, maybe this one.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

vinylrake wrote:Look you two, this isn't the fanboi OS-wars topic so let it go.

OBVIOUSLY this is a problem of using the wrong driver. I suggest either this one, or if the comp is older, maybe this one.
:lol: