MythIV The Wind Age Multiplayer HD DEMO has been released!

Talk about anything here.
Renwood

Re: MythIV The Wind Age Multiplayer HD DEMO has been released!

Post by Renwood »

Ok O3 sounds great! PM me your e mail, or i can use the one you gave me like 2 years ago it thats still a good one.

We have 2 maps we are looking to get scripting help for the single player demo.
they are:
"Into The Ghol Lands" and "Bogged Down"
They both have REALLY nice looking colormaps.
And when they get detail textures they will look super awesome indeed!

I will e mail you the maps and the scripting colormaps later tonight or at least by tomarrow.

Thanks for the offer of help!

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

O3 i tried to e mail you the colormap and scripting colormap last night to your e mail account, and it seems the 5 megs zipped file was too big and got rejected by your e mail service. Yahoo mail can send/recive files through e mail up to 25 megs total!

Ill upload it to your root folder on udogs.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Got the file off of Hl and uhhhh I dont know whether to scratch my ass or my donkeys ass.

I cant really do much with this im afraid. Dont you have a mesh plug with like a displacement, terrain. reflection map done? I mean its a really nice looking cmap but its just not enough for me to start with.

Let me know when you have something more close to done and Ill be glad to start scripting it...

Plums to you too,

o3
do it.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

yea ill throw something together tomarrow in loathing O3.

thats just the scripting colormap, to give you an idea of how to start planning on scripting it.

Its an all new map that was compelted just before the end of 2009, so we didnt have time to do it up in loathing, since we were super busy with the multiplayer demo.

look for it in your box later wensday night.
remedial

Post by remedial »

Renwood wrote:TONS OF CLASSIC MAPS LOOKING BETTER THEN EVER AND A FEW ALL NEW ONES!
I'm late on the scene with this one- but it looks pretty rad. Good work guys!

Were there all new maps in this demo that I'm missing though?
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

The only new map that made it into the HD multiplayer demo was raisin barn 2.
We didnt have time to include other all new maps like a multiplayer version of
Into The Ghol Lands, and Land Of Despair. Theres a few others we wanted to include as well, but due to time constraints we werent able to. Also the fact that i have to find a new job and that some of my roomates moved out, has really put a lot more on my shoulders then normal.

-Renwood
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Not a diss - your plugin looks great, and a lot of work went into the units, scenery, projectiles, physics, etc - and I know it takes a lot of work to do a good port of a TFL map like Raisin Barn, but it's a port of a Myth TFL map *and* it's been available on the Tain prior to the release of your demo, so you can't really claim it's 'all new'.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Sure i can call it all new, Ferrex himself gave me permission to finish it and release it in 1999 when i used to beta test it with him all the time. He said he was never going to finish one day when we were testing, and i asked him if i could take it over to finish it. He said yes and to just give him credit for designing the map. Its pretty strait forward. Any place you could download raisin barn 2 from before MWC 2007 WASNT an official "final" release. it was just a beta that happened to be uploaded somewhere.

there was also a myth 2 engine issuse that made it so the TFL spider queen behaviour COULDNT work the same way in myth 2. Ooga and i had to work with magma to get a "TFL sprinting behaviour" added so the queens wouldnt just sprint forever, as in TFL they ONLY sprinted when running in to attack a unit that you clicked on.
Now that they can sprint as they were ment to and DID in TFL, we can call it a "Final"

its not really a port beacuse much isnt too much like TFL raisin barn, Its an all new map. load them both up and take a look.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i suggest if you ever tire of working on the next great Myth plugin and you need some money that you either go into the legal profession or government. your ability to use words to mean things they don't really mean and defend your use as if you actually believe you are right would stand you in good stead in either profession.

Look, this isn't rocket science, if it's not a port of Raisin Barn, then don't call it 'Raisin Barn II'. (I realize this is a hopeless argument since you call a plugin 'Myth 4' when it's not, now you call an allegedly 'all new map' the same name as an existing map and add a II after it.) Maybe when you create all these nifty "new" things you could come up with your own names for them? see the problem is, that when you give all your projects sequel names (Myth4, RBII) it INVITES comparisons and I can't believe you don't expect people to assume they are related.)

ps. When i said the map was available previously I was referring to the raisin barn ii beta that ooga posted to the tain. http://thetain.totalcodex.net/items/sho ... rn-ii-v1-1. If I've played something before and it looks like a TFL map it's not 'new'.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

O i get it now! FOR YOU ITS THAT TIME OF THE MONTH! isnt it VR?

now its all starting to make sense
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Just for you VR ill call EVERYTHING we make "Vanilla Puddin HD" from now on.
Happy?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

It would at least be something _original_.

ps. I like how when you realize you have nothing left to defend some ludicrous statement you've made you start insulting me.
ozone

Post by ozone »

hey ren why dont you stop fucking posting and learn how to script... then you could help yourself. Or you can keep posting and make me hate helping you. Up to you.
do it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Ozone's right. Learn to script. It's pretty easy. Easier than thinking up defenses and retorts to people like me and VR on the forums here.

As the great dude above me would say:

Do it.

:) G'luck. Highly recommend Ares' and A-Red's scripting walkthroughs.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Raisin Barn II does not use the TFL colormap. Hence, it is new. It was released previously, but that doesn't stop it from being a new iteration of raisin barn. I dont think anybody claimed that a third entirely new colormap was ever created for the demo - if you can find that post lemme know.