autohosting

Talk about anything here.
qwerty2

autohosting

Post by qwerty2 »

is there any chance mnet or magma could set up a permanent auto-hosted game?

There are fewer and fewer people playing this but there are often a number of people online looking for a host. Having a permanent auto-hosted game could do a lot in keeping people online (currently many of us log on, see no games and log out again).

Also, revamping the auto-host feature would be good. Allow the auto-host to change the map/game based on number of players etc...
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Jon God

Re: autohosting

Post by Jon God »

If they made a crossplatform headless host, I would leave it on all day everyday I could.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

I think at one point there was discussion about making a headless host and the result was that it wasn't going to be something that was easy to accomplish.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Hmmm... You know, if I can get myth running in Wine again, I'll see what I can do about just leaving an AH open in the background all the time.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

that would be awesome, unfortunately you'd have to set the gametypes to ones that are fine no matter how many players are in the game, i.e 5 play float koth is bad. It would be awesome if there were some way to set the gametype based on the number of players
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

qwerty2 wrote:I think at one point there was discussion about making a headless host and the result was that it wasn't going to be something that was easy to accomplish.
I wouldn't say it's very easy, but I wouldn't say it's very hard either. It's just finding time to do it. My Myth development time seems to be taken by fixing bugs that people keep finding - so I can't really devote much time to something like this. We had a person volunteer to work on this but his free time is currently taken up by real life matters as well.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myrd wrote:
qwerty2 wrote:I think at one point there was discussion about making a headless host and the result was that it wasn't going to be something that was easy to accomplish.
I wouldn't say it's very easy, but I wouldn't say it's very hard either. It's just finding time to do it. My Myth development time seems to be taken by fixing bugs that people keep finding - so I can't really devote much time to something like this. We had a person volunteer to work on this but his free time is currently taken up by real life matters as well.
DAMNIT PYRO!