3DMF Files - How to transfer/convert them?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

models...

Post by Point »

carlinho wrote:that's weird
I have meshworks and it exports fine

let me know when you are in LA next time and we'll figure it out

I am heading off to Arizona for Ironman then to portland for thanksgiving I might have some time next week...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

Re: 3DMF Files - How to transfer/convert them?

Post by Point »

anyone ready willing and able :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

Re: still looking...

Post by Point »

Point wrote:still looking for someone with some model importing skills to help me import these models.. :)

anyone anyone anyone... Bueluer?

ok back to try and figure out how to import successfully a bundle of models I have on my hard drive... any pros at doing this out there... :)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I recently reviewed a set of files you produced for me based off some simple blueprints - some ruins for a map. I remember trying everything I could think of back then, but I had another go recently yielding the same results... that is, none. Pretty sure you need to produce the models in an app capable of exporting to 3dmf. Until Melekor makes Oak awesomer.
Point

Post by Point »

i can export as .3dm and convert to .3dmf that doesnt seem to be the problem... its more so getting the programs down and having it go smooth...

maybe Oak could streamline the process and remove the various pitfalls that the current dance to get a model into myth creates...

meshworks imports many model formats the question is can it save them then in a file format myth currently can like...
Point

Post by Point »

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/ver ... story.html

and i guess Form Z is what Bungie used?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Fair enough I never tried taking your models directly to apathy, cause I just assume your textures can't possibly set up correctly for myth. Meshwork is the only application I know of that performs "Pin Mapping" in the way it does, and I can't open any files you've exported in Meshwork to prepare them for apathy.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

As far as I know FormZ and Meshwork are the _only_ apps that can save a file in a format Apathy can use. There's no question about Meshwork's capability on that, It IS the tool to use. What I'm saying is the models have to be MADE or heavily EDITED _INSIDE_ Meshwork. And nothing I've tried has allowed me to get your versions of model files into meshwork at all.
Point

Post by Point »

can u get 3d optimizer to work...

I just downloaded a bundle of programs that convert this to that and that to this ill see whats what... my work software archicad... no longer exports 3dmf so i might have to jump back to a much older version of it... though exporting as .3ds or dxf then importing into meshworks or another program to convert to 3dmf seems possible... I might have an old copy of form z from way back in the day... ill check.. Meshworks crashes for me so far though I know this can be done its just a question of figuring the right path.

http://codenautics.com/meshwork/opengl.html