Myth Experts Problem

Talk about anything here.
Site Admin

Re: Myth Experts Problem

Post by Death's Avatar »

Wait wait wait...

did dac just suggest that C++ is... *less* messy than C?
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Graydon wrote:Also, check the projectile the souless are throwing... It may have adjusted object tags and physics that make it "lighter", so they can actually throw much further than the specified range. Similiar in a sense to how ww2 RPG works, where you can attack half the distance and it goes twice that far.
It looks like the arrow object tag has been modified. Gravity (WU/ticks^2) changed from the default -0.004 to -0.002.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Figured :)
dac

Post by dac »

Death's Avatar wrote:Wait wait wait...

YES.

oop anyone? ANYONE? &parameters anyone? new() and free() anyone?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

HEY NERDS. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME BEING THE FIRST SUCCESSFUL MYTH EXPERTS CHAMPION. TAKE YOUR TRASH TALKING, STAR TREK SUPPORTING, JONAS BROTHERS' LISTENING ASSES OUT OF MY THREAD.
dac

Post by dac »

jonas brothers listening? kirk you shouldnt be posting in your own thread!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Just cause you've authored it doesn't make it your property. Sort of like how all the plugins made for M2 belong to Take 2, not their creators. So, technically this thread belongs to Magma, and you should stop being a child :)
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

dac wrote:

YES.

Lots of programs written in C use OOP, Myth included.

C++ is *massively* more complex than C, so using it properly requires some combination of either a) discipline to restrict oneself to a subset of its functionality or b) greatly increased experience or intelligence.

The upshot is that Joe Coder is much more likely to create a wild tangled mess of operator overloaded template multiply inherited object hierarchies in C++ than he is in C, simply because all that extra functionality is there.

That's the "average case complexity" argument - I believe this is what DA is referring to. Obviously one can write good or bad code in either language.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

obv joke
dac

Post by dac »

Melekor wrote:
dac wrote:

YES.

Lots of programs written in C use OOP, Myth included.

C++ is *massively* more complex than C, so using it properly requires some combination of either a) discipline to restrict oneself to a subset of its functionality or b) greatly increased experience or intelligence.

The upshot is that Joe Coder is much more likely to create a wild tangled mess of operator overloaded template multiply inherited object hierarchies in C++ than he is in C, simply because all that extra functionality is there.

That's the "average case complexity" argument - I believe this is what DA is referring to. Obviously one can write good or bad code in either language.

i have wet dreams of doing oop in c. any jobs in your area hiring for it? they sure arent around here if they exist.
steelaxe

Post by steelaxe »

ok.. first off, the souless arent that bad to deal with. second, they werent meant to be that good, screw up with mixing tags.. has been fixed. ibis crown is now fixed (forgot to turn off a tuni when the units teleport.) :)

I like c (not to good at it, but im learning)

Stay tuned for a new release of myth 2: Experts coming to your local wall-greens soon.
HAPPY MYTHING!
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

You had me until walgreens.