Talk about anything here.
Nedicuss

Re: myth II growing the community

Post by Nedicuss »

I joined your Myth group!
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

The opening line of this ad still hooks me!! VERY Subtle!! ;o)

I recall after reading an article about the upcoming M:TFL game in some gaming mag, i had to have it. After getting the M:TFL Demo in a later issue of that mag, i turned into a Myth Addict and have been one since.

Just a random brain cell firing here as i came across this pict again, if gaming mags and gaming demo cds still exist? maybe an article could be gotten to one of them about how MII is not only still alive and kicking, its better than ever, being maintained by the devoted and faithful of the community with fixes and updates to etc etc. Maybe T2 could even be convinced to allow the gaming mag to re-release a current Demo of MII on their demo cd??

I leave any follow up with this idea to more capable and knowledgable individuals than myself. ;op
Attachments
Myth TFL_Ad4.jpg
Myth TFL_Ad4.jpg (106.58 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

yeah those TFL ads were pretty sweet. I like how they use a screenshot that never happens in-game - or they at least give the impression that units are fighting on and underneath the bridge at the same time.

for anyone wanting more nostalgia, there's some more ads and stuff at http://mything.org/zenphoto/marketing/
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

GHOST® wrote: I recall after reading an article about the upcoming M:TFL game in some gaming mag, i had to have it. After getting the M:TFL Demo in a later issue of that mag, i turned into a Myth Addict and have been one since.
I believe it was MacAddict that got me into Myth. I still have the original mac addict cds that had the myth wireframes on the cd cover art.
Nedicuss

Post by Nedicuss »

That pic with the bridge was on the back of the Myth TFL box.

I thought it was awesome
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

MacAddict's TFL Demo, that was how I discovered Myth.....ah MacAddict, such great memories. It was an awesome magazine. Was a loyal subscriber from 98 to like 08. When they became MacLife, it just wasn't the same.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I think I still have a page teared out of a mag of the advertisement of myth II before it came out
it was so amazing I took the page out and carried it for months until it actually came out to buy it...
I saw it a when I was packing to move some months ago, if I happen to get it I'll scan it
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Point

Post by Point »

i found that old myth addict magazine and cd a few months back when i moved... i think i tossed it in the save for some reason box...

also

the bungie autopsy marathon adds were the best...

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

GHOST® wrote:Maybe T2 could even be convinced to allow the gaming mag to re-release a current Demo of MII on their demo cd??
We don't need Take2 for this - just to convince some mag to carry our demo. I think when we originally updated the demo to 1.5.1, some magazine actually did pick it up and carry it on their CD for an issue.
capital

Post by capital »

Myrd wrote: We don't need Take2 for this - just to convince some mag to carry our demo. I think when we originally updated the demo to 1.5.1, some magazine actually did pick it up and carry it on their CD for an issue.
I suggest Maximum PC... they have a monthly CD, well at least they once did.
Point

Post by Point »

bump
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

The Myth Community Facebook group, since getting upgraded to the new format for groups (giving improved interactivity), now gets more traffic from members of the Myth Community than here, or the MariusNet game itself.

A lot of people have been tempted into returning to the fold by that group - if you want to promote the game, that's the place.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

what do you mean marisnet is the 'game itself'? the game of myth is maintained and distributed _here_ on magma, marius is just a game server.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I meant server, typo. I count being "on Myth" as being in the lobby, which at this point means MariusNet.

I just meant the Facebook group has rapidly become a more thriving hub of the Myth community.

We were infact discussing on there, how while the group is drawing people from a long time ago back into the fold, and keeping people actively being involved in the Myth Community, it's also gonna kill Myth. Now it has a group chat function, a lot of us have no need to go on the lobby to chat as a big group, which is a large part of what I do when I do log onto Myth. I'd rather lurk in that group for someone to say "I'm hosting" than lurk in the lobby and do it, as it's just more convinient.
Point

Post by Point »

Point wrote:i found that old myth addict magazine and cd a few months back when i moved... i think i tossed it in the save for some reason box...

also

the bungie autopsy marathon adds were the best...

<--- Can someone make a great new myth 1.72 add like the one above ---