Myth II 1.7.2 Final

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Re: Myth II 1.7.2 Final

Post by The Elfoid »

It'll feel so weird if we ever get to Myth II 2.0. And we're creeping closer.
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

some bugs related to myth models and animated models, if you'd like an example model, feel free to contact me...

engine:
- open GL ignores model 'transparent' cell option, cells show in game (this option still worked in 1.7), its hardly used in myth itself I think, but useful when making models that affect the mesh

fear / model animations:
- random initial frame, never uses last frame of the animation (at least not in my tests).
- permutation index (when adding a new frame to the animation) doesn't seem to work.

some other stuff that might not really qualify as a bug, just doesn't look right:
- the way animated model shadows are calculated seems to exclude the mesh height/levels, giving an ugly effect… is there a way to edit this data manually?
- transparent model cells should really be excluded from all shadow calculations...(might be related to the bug mentioned above)

...Giz
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

Could you seriously consider a feature for 1.8 and that is being able to save and load preset host game settings. So you can make a preset for WWII, regular myth, etc. Sometimes it takes a long time to switch mods, and change all the settings. Well I think it would be pretty cool feature. All you need is a "save" button in the game setup screen, it remember the plugin(s) you have loaded, the game type, time, enemy on map, pt, unit trading etc...give the preset a title, hit "ok". Then a "load" button next to save, and it shows a list of the presets...easy as pudding cake. If the plugin for preset is not found, the map resets to a default bungie map...
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

MindBrain wrote:Could you seriously consider a feature for 1.8 and that is being able to save and load preset host game settings. So you can make a preset for WWII, regular myth, etc. Sometimes it takes a long time to switch mods, and change all the settings. Well I think it would be pretty cool feature. All you need is a "save" button in the game setup screen, it remember the plugin(s) you have loaded, the game type, time, enemy on map, pt, unit trading etc...give the preset a title, hit "ok". Then a "load" button next to save, and it shows a list of the presets...easy as pudding cake. If the plugin for preset is not found, the map resets to a default bungie map...
I think it's a good idea and probably wouldn't be too hard to do - we already do something similar for the autohost feature.
Kilgrath

Post by Kilgrath »

you have yet to fix the dwarf hero bug that YOU introduced in previous "patches". The dwarf hero can throw for an infinite length on a turning unit simply by clicking on it. How could you allow something so amazingly stupid and detrimental to gameplay in the first place, let alone going unchecked through various patches. If you're going to just screw the game up worse every time you "patch" it, please just stop, you're ruining a great game with your idiotic attempts.

FIX THE BUG, THANKS.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Kilgrath can you attach a film of the bug please, preferably using 1.7.2 gameplay? I was not able to reproduce this.

If this was indeed a previously-introduced/confirmed bug can you tell us what version introduced it and ideally link to the bug report thread? I don't recall having heard of this issue before.
Kilgrath

Post by Kilgrath »

here's an example, easiest way to see it is to play float, happens pretty much every game.
Attachments
bug example.zip
(7.27 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Kilgrath wrote:here's an example, easiest way to see it is to play float, happens pretty much every game.
Thanks for the film.

I took a look at it and switched to 1.3 gameplay right before the dwarf throw (at ~6:35 remaining), and the molotov landed at the same place. So it's always been like that - even with 1.3 gameplay.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

no, no it's magma's fault. also you did something a few versions ago that makes me lose WAY more often than i used to. FIX IT PLEASE!!! I HAV MANY FILMZ OF ME LOSING IF YOU WANT THEM!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Sorry for jumping on you in the mnet topic, you caught me on a bad day. Apologies.

Not directed to you, but it's crazy the number of people that view 1.3 with rose colored spectacles. Going back and playing it, it has so many issues, many more chances for Out of Sync errors, no OpenGL support, no OSX support, FPS locked, more moonwalking, ect, ect.

I encourage people to go back and try 1.3, you will realize just how much Myth has improved over the iterations.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

where's the 1.8 wishlist thread?

i hear punkuser is trying to fix the dmg received bug for 1.8.

in addition to that, currently when you dmg your teammates it doesn't count as negative dmg. this is often abused on light maps when healing wights: jmen and wights are controlled by different ppl. any chance this will be fixed too?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Autumn Demon wrote: in addition to that, currently when you dmg your teammates it doesn't count as negative dmg. this is often abused on light maps when healing wights: jmen and wights are controlled by different ppl. any chance this will be fixed too?
Yeah I'm planning to take a look at the whole damage stats situation for 1.8. Hopefully some more consistent results can be made of it :)
Sensenschmied™

Post by Sensenschmied™ »

Hello. :)
It´s offtopic but I don´t want to open a new thread for this, hope it´s ok:

Is there any way to group units? Something to the effect of ctrl + 1 makes selected units group 1? I can´t seem to figure it out and it would help immensely, I hate all that scrolling around. Thanks.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

"presets" does exactly what you describe.

Alt-1 (1-10) on a PC
Apple-1 (1-10) on a Mac

if you have a scroll wheel you can set it to cycle through your presets (option is on the m2 preferences screen)

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Gaming/%20Myt ... es/26.html
Sensenschmied™

Post by Sensenschmied™ »

Ugh, could´ve figured that one out myself I guess :roll: Thanks!