LP Archive Myth TFL Review

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

LP Archive Myth TFL Review

Post by Myrd »

Don't know if people have seen this already, but this is a pretty cool review of TFL:

http://lparchive.org/Myth-The-Fallen-Lords/
vinylrake

Re: LP Archive Myth TFL Review

Post by vinylrake »

thanks for posting.

odd that it wasn't written until 2008, odder still - i am suprised I haven't seen this before.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

What a wonderful review.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GuavaMoment

Post by GuavaMoment »

This LP originally was posted in the Something Awful forums. I'm currently making videos of Myth 3 there in my own thread, slightly copying Johnny Law's style since his LP was so good. He still posts there. I'm surprised anyone here hasn't seen his LP yet, it's one of the best I've ever seen.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Very cool. If you think of it, post a reminder when you've finished your videos/posts. Or at least don't plan to do any more. I'd like to read/watch it all, but I hate going back to check sites and find nothing has changed or have to try to figure out what has changed.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Very nice! Love to see a Myth 2 one as well at some point.
GuavaMoment

Post by GuavaMoment »

vinylrake wrote:Very cool. If you think of it, post a reminder when you've finished your videos/posts.
I don't check here often, but often enough to remember this request. I'll probably be done by the end of February, and it'll be on that same LPArchive site shortly after that. I'll post here when it is.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GuavaMoment wrote:I don't check here often, but often enough to remember this request. I'll probably be done by the end of February, and it'll be on that same LPArchive site shortly after that. I'll post here when it is.
excellent! I'll look forward to seeing it then.
GuavaMoment

Post by GuavaMoment »

It took longer than I thought it would, but I haven't forgotten about posting here. Myth 3 is done and archived.

http://lparchive.org/Myth-III/
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Wow - looks good - looking forward to reading it!

(and thanks for remembering to post the link!)
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Thanks for posting that GuavaMoment, I never actually got around to playing M3 so looking through your lp has been quite interesting. Cheers :)
The Leviathan

Post by The Leviathan »

GuavaMoment's work with the Myth III LP is an absolutely top-notch product. Loved it--enough to download all of the saved recordings for my personal review. Thoroughly enjoyable addition to the net-based Myth-series archives. Bravo!
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

It says something about how slow the myth community reacts to change when someone "hasn't gotten around" to something that was released in 2001, and arguably was the most important moment in myth history in the last decade XD (which it was, Myth's popular appeal disappeared post-M3)
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

You are drawing the wrong conclusion from my post Elfoid :wink: If someone hasn't gotten around to something for 10 years, you can probably conclude that "haven't gotten around to" is a euphemism for "didn't want to". The truth is I preordered Myth III and played it the day it came out, at least for the 15 minutes it took me to decide it was a slow, bug-ridden crapfest that looked and felt nothing like Myth I/II. A hasty decision perhaps, I was 13 at the time. I actually wanted to give it a second chance when 1.3.1 came out, but it didn't work on my machine - it still doesn't today.