Ghosts - Where can i get them?

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I was just wandering, is there a plugin that turns all your units into ghosts, Ibis Crown style? It's easy to convert existing units into ghosts, but what about units that weren't made into ghosts by bungie? I've seen plugins with ghosts in before......
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

It's probably just a setting somewhere, Requiem ot Dead has "ghosts" in it, but sometimes (when you have a lot of players) they are just transparant, but not the ghosty grey

dunno why that happens though
tiax-rules-all

Post by tiax-rules-all »

If you just want the appearance ghost-like, you can edit the collection references with Fear. Just check out the "bowman (ghost)"-reference: the appearance is created via tint. Copy the value (colour) of the tint to your favourite unit, set the amount to the same value (100%), edit the permutations and vwola: ghostly chickens (or whatever).

For more realism (bleeding ghosts wtf?), you can adjust the death and hit sequences too. Open the "16 archer (ghost)"-monster tag and copy the projectile groups to your unit. You might have to create your own death projectile groups though. For example, a ghost journeyman wouldn't be carrying a bowman knife and bow. Again, use the ghostly bowman tags as a template.

Finally, you can also change the way the ghosts react to damage. See the dwarven ghost object for this. I don't know whether it's because they're modeled after ancient dwarves or because they're ghostly dwarves but they have different resistances than regular dwarves.

Good luck and happy editing :;):
"Tiax rules all! You are but grease for the wheels of his rule! Silence the squeaking of those that protest! He rules all!"
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

If you don't want bright grey ghosts you will also have to go into Loathing and use some simple scripting to give them the 'ghost' effect. Simply create a Unit Control action (initially active for most maps will do), choose the units you want to change with the subject option, and then add the "Ghost visibility" flag
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
tiax-rules-all

Post by tiax-rules-all »

Yes, that is something that I had forgot to mention. I'm just not that good with Loathing.
"Tiax rules all! You are but grease for the wheels of his rule! Silence the squeaking of those that protest! He rules all!"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

haravikk wrote:If you don't want bright grey ghosts you will also have to go into Loathing and use some simple scripting to give them the 'ghost' effect. Simply create a Unit Control action (initially active for most maps will do), choose the units you want to change with the subject option, and then add the "Ghost visibility" flag
[color=DFC99B]This would also happen to be one of the few parameters that *actually requires* a True / False statement in the elements. True for Ghostly fading in and out of course. ;o)[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I shouldn't have asked, I sux with Fear and Loathing, even tho I used to use em a lot.