Vtfl mistake on jman - Team magma read here now please!

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Have any of you taken a good look at the Journeyman when vTFL is turned on? He's the Myth II Journeyman with the Myth II flavour text and the Myth II character portrait and everything. What is going on with that? Please change this in Myth II v1.5.1 Should I post this in the wish list for Myth II v1.5.1?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

There was a file size consideration when deciding which units would be "ported" for vTFL. The collections for TFL Fir'bolg, Dwarves, Zerks, Warriors, Trow, Myrmidons, Thrall, Wights and Villagers take up the majority of space in the Myth II updates. M2 Jmen were considered to be "close enough" so were omitted to help keep the file size from getting too bloated. Gameplay statistics for vTFL Jmen should be identical to TFL, however.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Could you maybe add the TFL flavour texts in the next version? They take up barely any memory at all in my plugins. Also, a new 'portrait' (the things in the top left, I don't know the proper name) could be altered as well.

These wouldn't take up much memory at all. I'm happy with the actual unit model being the same tho :)
tiax-rules-all

Post by tiax-rules-all »

Yea, I found it pretty weird too when I read the flavour text of the warrior about defeating Balor while I was playing The Fallen Levels.=
"Tiax rules all! You are but grease for the wheels of his rule! Silence the squeaking of those that protest! He rules all!"
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Beg for forgiveness, tiax the mighty has spoken! All the harems shall flock and the heavens shake when His mighty presence is revealed to all in a blinding luminescant lightquake! :P
tiax-rules-all

Post by tiax-rules-all »

You have disturbed Tiax the Grand again! Such insolence! Tiax will place a mark of shame upon your forehead! All will know your treachery! :roll:
"Tiax rules all! You are but grease for the wheels of his rule! Silence the squeaking of those that protest! He rules all!"
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I can't remember who said it but apparently the TFL Jman is meant to heal slower.

Also, the TFL Jmen are really thick, thicker than vTFL portrays. Where are the thick Jmen? My guess is the killed themselves or something or were banished for their lameness.

Does anyone else remember the way the Jmen ran around like idiots as you desperately tried to heal your most vital units? It was priceless on multiplayer when this happened to other players, just priceless. :p