Halo Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary Remake

Talk about anything here.
Earl Grey

Re: Halo Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary Remake

Post by Earl Grey »

JarJar "Stinks" is in the Leggo conversion, so I think as an apology for this, I should be able to tear him apart with a Wookie unit. How epic would a Star Wars conversion be?? I will buy the pizza. Get coding. Teach me how to do it and I'll code it. I would be giggling like a ten-year-old again.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I wonder, what visual design would you like to see guys if Myth TFL or Myth II could be remade just like Halo:CE. Would it be something as photorealistic as possible (Total War XXX on steroids), or maybe a cartoon style making whole Myth look just like original sweet animated cutscenes, or maybe a cel-shaded graphics that could make it look like f.i. Borderlands or... ?

Im dying to c finished Myth: Total War conversion... ...but Myth with graphics similar to animated cutscenes is also very tempting - Ive always liked better Myth II units than TFL models - and Im not talking about smoother animations (but it was defnitly a cool part too) - somehow blured m2 units appeared to me beein more like cutscenes characters, defintly more than sharper, higher res TFL units. Dunno if Bungie made it on purspouse or maybe I had 2 small screen back in 1998 or should wear glasses... :)
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I always assumed that the units got smaller/blurrier so they could have smoother animations without a ballooning file size. I hated the change, personally, but to each their own.

I think any more modern take on a Myth style game would do well to preserve the aesthetic of the original. There was a ton of variety in the colour maps; a lot of those levels had buckets of atmosphere going for them. Some of them were bright and almost cartoony (kind of reminded me of the first Warcraft) and others were bleak and moody looking (like the Untamed Lands mesh). Visually, it was a very effective game that did a lot with very little (by present computing standards).
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em