Brightness on Snow Maps

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Brightness on Snow Maps

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

The contrast or something is extremely bright on my new computer/monitor. On snow maps, its enough to burn my retinas, even though my brightness is way way down on the monitor. The snow is so bright, I can't see the options for inventory or the FPS because of the white lettering. What else can improve visibility on snow maps?
Khadrelt

Re: Brightness on Snow Maps

Post by Khadrelt »

Do you have that trouble with other games that have bright maps, or is it just Myth? I've never had any trouble with snow maps.
The cake is a lie.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

There should be a way to adjust brightness/color on your monitor.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Just trying to narrow it down what it would be, I'm hoping its just a monitor settings thing, I have contrast at 100% but I thought that was for colors mostly. Maybe I'll try messing with that again, but I just wanted to eliminate the possibility of there being an advanced graphics option in my graphics card.

And its only on snow maps on myth that its been overly bright like that.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Contrast is basically making lights lighter and darks darker. In this case, making snow maps painful to look at. Definitely look at your settings again, ideally while a snowy map is loaded so you can observe as you tweak.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah it definitely helped by lowering the contrast, but the darks are still pretty light. Its really hard to pick up where the mouse pointer is. Then again thats my 24" LED monitor, compared to my 6 yr old 15" laptop which seems really bland in comparison. Snow isn't blinding anymore though.