The Lich King has awakened!

Talk about anything here.
lank

Re: The Lich King has awakened!

Post by lank »

OMG! khel!

great to see you're still around, and i'm amazed that you're still going, and proud. i'd love to see LoE released (or escaped?) into the wild. it's been such a labour of love for you. but let me put it this way - even if it never sees the light of day i'm still happy to have worked on it for the joy i got simply from working on it with you, maug and everyone else who's been part of it. there's no reason for you to feel you've let anyone down.

if there's anything i can do, just let me know. admittedly life has made me flaky with regards to myth (i don't want to dwell on when was the last time i played a game... :oops: :cry: ), but i'm still here and still happy to at least chat and catch up a bit.

for now, i'm just happy to see you're still here at all! merry christmas!
*toot*
Baak

Post by Baak »

I did some kind of time-warp when I read this. Amazing.

Great to see you haunting the hallowed halls of Myth again, Khel! :D

... things like this inspire me to dust off my own Myth projects again... ;)
Khellek

Post by Khellek »

Baak wrote:I did some kind of time-warp when I read this. Amazing.

Great to see you haunting the hallowed halls of Myth again, Khel! :D

... things like this inspire me to dust off my own Myth projects again... ;)
WOW! Baak! Great to hear from you again!

I'm really having a blast being back...seeing some of the old legends. :D

Dust of some of them projects man!
There can be only one...
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Someone should ban this Khellek guy to keep all the riff raff from showing up again.

It's been years, but if Laws of Evil were released, I'd play again.
Point

Post by Point »

ChrisP wrote:Someone should ban this Khellek guy to keep all the riff raff from showing up again.

now this is some serious riff...

:)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Khellek

Post by Khellek »

ChrisP wrote:Someone should ban this Khellek guy to keep all the riff raff from showing up again.

OMG! ChrisP bro! :D

How goes it man! Hell, I'd pay you to come back!
There can be only one...
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I've been well, Khellek, thanks. I'm getting old and have a serious job now. I check my work emails more often than I used to check all the Myth forums. :P

I still think about Myth and old pals like you. Probably will forever. I need a compelling enough reason to fire up the game again though. I mean it, finish LoE and I will be there.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

ChrisP wrote:I need a compelling enough reason to fire up the game again though. I mean it, finish LoE and I will be there.
I have one for you. WoW is crack and kills people.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

ChrisP wrote:I've been well, Khellek, thanks. I'm getting old and have a serious job now. I check my work emails more often than I used to check all the Myth forums. :P

I still think about Myth and old pals like you. Probably will forever. I need a compelling enough reason to fire up the game again though. I mean it, finish LoE and I will be there.
At some point I will finish Deadfall, and then I will need you to try it again. :)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Deadfall was pretty damn complete last time I saw it.. whats the newest version called?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

It's either "DeadFaller" or "DeaderFall" I can never remember which one JG decided on.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:It's either "DeadFaller" or "DeaderFall" I can never remember which one JG decided on.
It's working name is "Deadfall v1.1" and it's more complete than 1.0 ever was. I have a real name in mind, but haven't publicly announced it. v1.1 will have over twice as much content as v1.0, by the by.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

well you better hurry up and release it or my campaign to misname your plugin will catch on and then no matter what you WANT it to be called, everyone will be calling it "Dead Faller".

also, while version numbering isn't an exact science i know, v1.1 doesn't really convey all the changes you've made since v1. unless i am rapid about a plug/map i don't rush to download a .1 increment release.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:well you better hurry up and release it or my campaign to misname your plugin will catch on and then no matter what you WANT it to be called, everyone will be calling it "Dead Faller".

also, while version numbering isn't an exact science i know, v1.1 doesn't really convey all the changes you've made since v1. unless i am rapid about a plug/map i don't rush to download a .1 increment release.
Well, I've had a name in mind for quite some time, I have just been keeping it v1.1 since it's easier/less confusing than renaming it in mid beta.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

fyi, while i can't recall ever being rapid about a plugin, occasionally i am rabid about one.