pain in the ass.
Cosmo1964

Re: GREEN BERETS PEEPS

Post by Cosmo1964 »

It was my first thought but wanted to ask. :D
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Cosmo1964 wrote:PITAs ??? What is that? LOL. Yeah the enemy waves never cease. The AI is really good which is why I like it so much. The AI seems to zero in on you almost all of the time. Good thing I can save a game right....
Pain in the Ass. :)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

Mission 5. Tunnel vision....
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

NEED HELP!!! The Darkest Before Dawn mission is outta control. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. This is the mission after rescuing the POWs from the camp. Start at the top of the hill because the copter has not yet arrived. PITA PITA PITA!

Coz....
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

FINAL RISE: They seem to get harder and harder... This one with the base and the Flag Pole is insanely difficult.

So those with any hints let me know. Ughhhh.... It's under my skin for sure.

I'm on a personal mission to finish this and end the madness!!! I'm so lucky not to be on the HEROIC setting. =) :evil:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Working on testing GB 1.7 now.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

7.1?

I have the GB vl 7.2/build 374. I take it yours is newer?

Well glad your responded to my rant. I wish I could enjoy work software like I enjoy this game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You have Myth2 v1.7.2 but with GB on top of that which likely either v1.0 or v1.1. Jon was working on a port so that you can play GB without the need to switch out the Patch 1.3 file out and make all other users incompatible with you.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

I'm confused... Mostly burnt from studying.

Can you in simple terms tell me why that is an advantage. =)

Did you mean to make it compatible vs incompatible?

I'm sure you guys have it all in hand. I'm just a player. =)

When I finish this set of missions (there are no others I know of, GB GOLD maybe? ) I may burn the disk!!! It's causing me to much stress. Just when I think I finished a mission...

Thank for the info btw.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Well GB is basically a modified version of Myth2. It has all the files Myth2 does plus a few more for GB itself. Back in the early days of Myth2 there were limits to the number of tags (files) that could be part of Myth plugins. The only way to make huge plugins would be to replace one of Myth's patch plugins with a version that contains a great number of non-standard tags. Doing this made you incompatible with other Myth players and other Myth plugins. So while you had GB on, you could not join a multiplayer or coop game with another player unless they were on GB as well. Loading other plugins would at times not work as well.

Eventually due to changes to limits that were increased in post-Bungie updates (updates by Project Magma), it allowed having huge plugins. So Jon is taking GB apart to recombine the tags into a normal set of plugins so it doesn't need a modified patch plugin. Patch plugins auto load when you run Myth while normal plugins do not unless you activate them. GB right now is part patch plugin and part not. With the port it will be 100% normal plugin. So you will be able to play with other Mythers that don't have GB.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

You all must have mad skills...

I'll look forward to that!

If I read/understood it correctly MPLAY will be good to go... I better get my skillz up.

Thanks for the info big dawg.

Coz.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

FINAL RISE: DAMMIT!!! I wipe them all out and they return!!! After like the 4th wave. This is so wrong. I end up with one 203 GB and they send out another wave. I think this is number 4/5.

How do I end the madness!!!!

Coz...
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

No sooner than I post my rant I was able to finish it. After you clear the map of all enemy then move to the flag pole and hit "U" so the GB can voice his victory shout.

*#&@*@&!!! This game is harder than I remember.

Coz Mission 11...
Jard

Post by Jard »

One of my favourite games, besides Myth obviously.