Green Berets 1.2 Problems

Talk about anything here.
iron
Site Admin

Re: Green Berets 1.2 Problems

Post by iron »

Jon God wrote: Here are a plugin maker's options:

A. Let them auto attack, and often kill each other. Really really frustrating if you've been playing for a while, and one of your units auto attacks and kills one of your units, or a teammate.

B. Don't let them auto attack, and enemies will run up an kill you, if you are not babying your units.

I feel like B is probably the best option, and is far less frustrating, it just means learning to play the game a little differently.

I'm Jon God, and I approve this message.
Just to be pedantic, there are a couple of other options:-

1. Set the auto attack range to a very low value for maps where the enemy is mostly melee, hence they'll only start shooting of their own accord at point-blank range.

2. Set your attacks to damage types that friendly units are resistant to. Hence they can auto all they like, but friendly fire will never happen. Of course, more damage types to choose from would be nice ;)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I like Iron #2's idea. That could work, right?
ozone

Post by ozone »

While it would be a good thing to have I don't think adding more damage types is the right answer for this problem to be honest. I mean how would that work with multiplayer on maps with more then 2 teams? The more teams you have the more difficult it is to use this method... each team would attack with a different damage type? Really doesn't work that well. I really think this is something that has to be hard coded into the game to make it work in the best way possible. The code already lets you not take damage from owner and the engine knows already if the damage was caused by friendly because it gives the player negative damage so it really doesn't seem that hard to add. I may be wrong...::shrugs::
do it.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Jon God wrote:
Platinum wrote:Actually I also noticed that your guys only shoot when you make them shoot. Even if a bunch of enemies are right in front of them, they don't auto-shoot them. Its kinda like D Deadfall hunting where you have to keep clicking on enemies. Not necessarily a bad thing but it shouldn't play like that...
That's how it originally was. Oz asked me not to change that, so I didn't.

As for Deadfall, it is done that way by choice as well, you end up shooting your teammates all the time if you switch it to normal behavior.

Yeah deadfall should stay that way because that is the hunting gametype. Using the tagset in coop/solo and they do auto on targets, except when the targets are zombies in deadfall designated coops.

As for green berets, are you sure they don't auto? I will play the old versions and see if I can see a difference.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

OK and as far as the autoing thing, your units should defend themselves because its pointless to let them do that. Green Berets doesn't need to be harder because the AI is pretty damn good in it. Auto firing your own units is more realistic than them not autoing on an enemy running up on them, thus that is how it should play.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Oz, great post there, I agree totally.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Also noticed that on the last mission level, the anti-aircraft guns can be shot instead of having to blow them up/stabbed. Any reason for the change?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Platinum wrote:Also noticed that on the last mission level, the anti-aircraft guns can be shot instead of having to blow them up/stabbed. Any reason for the change?
afaik, that's how it was in the original GBs. I thought it was SF that changed it to the said way.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
ozone

Post by ozone »

Sabotaging the AA was added with SF2 and was not a part of the original Green Berets.
do it.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Yeah I distinctly remember it wasn't part of the original game. The one line in the opening sequence goes "Don't waste all your grenades, some simple sabotage should do the trick."