Myth Kickstarter Project

Talk about anything here.
Vindicator

Re: Myth Kickstarter Project

Post by Vindicator »

We would have mentioned magma directly if we thought they would have wanted us to. We are indirectly talking about magma when we talk about community resources that could be used to help create a new myth game.
Mythdev has not been around for all most 10 years. I am not aware of mythdev's direct involvement in myth 2's source code, if there ever was any. Please inform me.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Vindicator wrote:We would have mentioned magma directly if we thought they would have wanted us to. We are indirectly talking about magma when we talk about community resources that could be used to help create a new myth game.
Mythdev has not been around for all most 10 years. I am not aware of mythdev's direct involvement in myth 2's source code, if there ever was any. Please inform me.
MythDev was made up of the original people with the source code, and in conjunction with ProjectMagma, released the first non Bungie updates to Myth 2:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/myth-ii-1-3-2-mac

http://bs.bungie.org/2003/03/myth_ii_132_rel_1.html

http://projectmagma.net/sites/battlewat ... ackup.html

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/stor ... cleID=7261

What I am trying to say... Well, imagine if someone took screenshots off your old webpage, photoshopped them, and posted them all over the internet saying "look what I made in Myth!". It's not giving credit to you, the creator of the webpage, the pictures, and you and Ooga who did the work to make it even possible.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Vindicator wrote: "...Make billions off a console title by leaving PC and Mac bungie fans in the DUST. Then when we have more money then GOD, only THEN will we CANCEL bungie.net so people can not even play myth online anymore. Thus giving a big middle finger to all no Halo bungie fans. Then and Only then, will we be qualified to create the next myth title..."
Hi Vindicator (RenWood) // Road // oOga.

If companies Bungie, Mumbo Jumbo and Take 2 felt that Myth series still give much profit, certainly they would not sell the rights for to micro companie (MKP);
why M.K.P wants a Myth 4? because he loves our community? what interest? Money, money and more money?
if MKP, these three stooges (myth moe, myth larry and Myth shemp) loved the Myth community, they would do anything for us all for free. I think, it might be an incidental goal of R.W, (the MKP) he want to buy copyrighit of Myth and then try to ban us be play free. On behind the scenes There is a plan for our "casualties".

Julio
Last edited by juliocpaes on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

vinylrake wrote: This post doesn't help your argument that you have any connection with reality. Where to begin?
Ok, so you are attacking me for getting so frustrated with their dishonesty that I belittle them. You insult me because I make fun of them for not reaching their goal. I even agree my comments are harsh and explain I lost it when they REFUSED to address any of the questions posed in either of the TWO follow up videos that they stated would answer everyone's questions... then you continued to attack me as if I was the only person posting with any vitriol or insulting tones. I didn't even use any expletives. So why are you picking on me? Others are attacking them with insult and expletive-laden tirades about their dishonesty and making fun of them in far worse manners than I...

you seeing how this is going yet?

...meanwhile you are telling them they are not connected to reality, suggest they have basement bomb shelters that are going to be funded with the kickstarter proceeds and filled nearly THREE thread pages over-explaining to Renwood why he is wrong and creating analogies about bicycles and such. Clearly none of your posts were condescending or insulting.

Wait, what?
I think you owe me an apology for such blatant hypocrisy.

edit: I double-checked, and yes I meant "white knighting" as that is exactly what you were doing. Also I dont think you understand what it means to "insult someone's intelligence" as the Mythstarter KS is an insult to the intelligence of (nearly) everyone in the myth community, except you, as you so confidently stated.
Last edited by toecutter on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toe
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:
Vindicator wrote:It would be more like we made RAD BMX bikes that everybody agrees are sweet and world class. Then we decided to make Mountain bikes. Since we allready use all the same tools on mountain bikes and BMX bikes. People would have faith that we could transition well into the new endeavour based on our past productions.
You're going to make Myth IV with Fear, Loathing and Amber? Or Hammer?
Vindicator wrote:In the end, our main goal is to bring myth back to bungie and work FOR them and WITH them making it.
I'm sure this all seems very coherent and sane for you, but why the fuck are you talking about working with Bungie now? What the hell do they even have to do with this?
It pains me to see you make completely ridiculous statements and ignore people calling you out on them.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"We would have mentioned magma directly if we thought they would have wanted us to"

To my understanding, that's not really how accreditation works. Whether or not someone wants to be known for their work, it's still the done thing to attribute it to them.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
shark driving a bus

Post by shark driving a bus »

So...where's my unicorn?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Vindicator wrote:NEW AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/myt ... sts/337234
Lol, amazing how my Watcher unit circa Mazz 3 got in there, great work guys - if only I'd known back then that I was contributing to your new Myth game. I'll expect a royalty cheque in the mail if your KS gets off the ground shall I?

Just personally, it looks to me like this project (and this thread) has all the hallmarks of an epic trainwreck, but please keep at it - there hasn't been enough drama around Myth since paymyth closed down.

...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hahaha. Round of applause sir.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Toe.

No doubt I haven't always been as polite or respectful as I could be to Renwood.

I still think there's a difference between making fun of the fact that the project isn't anywhere near reaching it's goals - what I perceived as gloating or rubbing the teams face in it - and making comments that are related to specific things individuals have said or aspects of the project one is trying to get information about. But that's just me, I could be wrong, I have been before.

I suggest we both just let this exchange go, we disagree on enough things that this could easily turn into a point by point refutation of each other's posts. I doubt either of us wants that. I've started by not doing that with your post. If you can do the same we can be done.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

I'm glad to see Wallet and Cid are still around on the forums.
Road

Post by Road »

Well I dont know about anyone else but everything seems to be going the way I expected.

I am only in charge of art and models, I dont really have much to say about any of the other detials but I would have done things a little differantly.

Minus anything else (and as I have mentioned to Renwwod) the first priority would have been to discuss a price range with Take2 for the rights and secondly talk to ProjectMagma.

I think these threads have a lot of great advice and a little too much hate.

Now if youll excuse me Ill be going back to Maya tutorials.

P.S.

Heyaz JonGod and ToeCutter!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Road wrote:Heyaz JonGod and ToeCutter!
Heya Road, hope all's well.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Road wrote:Heyaz JonGod and ToeCutter!
Sheesh thanks Road :-(
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Road wrote:...Minus anything else (and as I have mentioned to Renwwod) the first priority would have been to discuss a price range with Take2 for the rights and secondly talk to ProjectMagma....
It's hard to believe ANYONE would have started anywhere else.
How can you name a goal amount without knowing the cost of the product?