Price?

Talk about anything here.
spongefile

Price?

Post by spongefile »

Sooo... How much would it cost to buy the Myth license today? Ballparks? Wild speculations? So far I've heard $ 250,000 and a million. Shall we put it to a vote? ;)

(P.S. 250,000 is a raiseable amount.)
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Price?

Post by Melekor »

I don't think anyone knows. As far as I understand, it's not like you can just phone them up and ask, you have to present some kind of business idea to get their interest, then you enter a negotiation. Anyone who went through such a process and got a number likely wouldn't post it here, because it'd be be against their own interest.

In what context is 250k a "raisable amount"? I think the amount of money you can raise depends on what you plan to do with the rights once acquired. If the idea is to redistribute myth 1/2/3, I don't think 250k is a raisable amount. At least I wouldn't invest in that, because I don't think I'd get my money back.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

That really is the million dollar question
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Launch the bacon!
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

Why would Take 2 care about whether or not you have a business idea? I believe you, but would love to understand why. If you're buying the IP, code, everything, what do they care what you do afterwards?

In this theoretical scenario, I'm imagining a pool of cash collected from everyone who cares about the game, used to purchase Myth from Take 2 and made freely available to anyone who wants to use it. Eg not an investment where you'd expect to get cash back at the end. Putting aside whether this individual or that one would or would not add to the pool, or whether people think the amount is too big to be pooled at all, is this otherwise possible?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

spongefile wrote:Why would Take 2 care about whether or not you have a business idea? I believe you, but would love to understand why. If you're buying the IP, code, everything, what do they care what you do afterwards?
In a case like this where they have not done much with the IP, they may be legitimately curious if there's money to be made on it, not sure.
spongefile wrote: Putting aside whether this individual or that one would or would not add to the pool, or whether people think the amount is too big to be pooled at all, is this otherwise possible?
I don't see why not, but I imagine to get people on-board you'd have to know the number ahead of time (from Take 2). If there's a clear goal and payoff that's doable, but the randomness of "lets raise a pile of cash and assume we can use it to buy some or all of the franchise" has fail written all over it.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

punkUser wrote:If there's a clear goal and payoff that's doable, but the randomness of "lets raise a pile of cash and assume we can use it to buy some or all of the franchise" has fail written all over it.
Punk I thought we agreed not to talk about OogWood anymore....
wandoo

Post by wandoo »

a million :shock:
I like PVP best in the online games, and I think a strong weapon is necessary. So after I played Broken Realm: A Crystal Saga Chronicle, I write a review about weapons and post it on the MMOWood site.
Last edited by wandoo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GodzFire wrote:
punkUser wrote:Punk I thought we agreed not to talk about OogWood anymore....
I prefer 'RenwOog'.