29%
Piss off
4%

Total votes: 24

Road

Road is back

Post by Road »

some simple facts:

:arrow: Road left the community based on the lack of availability to hosting games.
:arrow: Road became obsessed with 3D applications.
:arrow: Road was offered an opportunity to develop 3D models for a failed project.
:arrow: Road saw what new advancements are in production and feels the need to work on Myth again.

O.K. so the host issue is still a bugger! This little fact leads me to a few conclusions as to what my possibilities are. obviously a product would have to be rather popular or supported by someone with host capabilities in order for it to even be worth making.

I have had several projects in mind but I would rather not waste time making something that would not be enjoyed by all... or at least a group that can host, lol!

So I have come up with a list of options and I would like the community to chip in as to what they think would be best suited for my abilities.

1) WH40K. I have to list this one first because I have already planned out a theme and I have models and everything for the project. This would be an instant project for me as I could do most of the work myself and have an incredible mod for fans of Myth and WH40K.

2) WWII. This has been done many times but I have a few tricks up my sleeve that would make for an interesting conversation utilizing the features of 1.8.

3) Just make models. Well that's a tough one, it would be cool to make custom models for other peoples projects but it's just one aspect of a lot of features.

4) Work with another group. This is something i could be open to depending on the project. I don't just make models, I actually have a pretty good understanding of features that can be used that currently don't seem to be in anyone's mods... I could be wrong about that as I haven't tried out any recent projects.

Let me know what you think.
juliocpaes

Re: Road is back

Post by juliocpaes »

Hi Road,

Wellcome,

I voted in "make models".

I am interested in your suggestion, but you could detail more? give us an example?
all this work ( is hard work), is free? :|

Julio
Road

Post by Road »

Everything Myth should be free. Yes if I was to make models they would all be free for all to use.

The idea came when someone in the Myth community made a website that detailed all of the 3rd party models... forgot who made it, if someone could post who did that it would be much appreciated.

The idea around this is to try to get more support where we could have an on running project where we could have custom made models for high end projects supported via a website...or worse case just at the tain.

Usually converting a model to Myth is not as easy as most think it would be, otherwise it wouldnt really be in demand. As it stands now we actually have more people making models for Myth than we ever did befor.

Usually most developers are only interested in making models for their own projects and even if we are given permission to use them we may find that we lack certian animations required to develope the mod we are trying to make.

If the Myth model aspect is the way to go than all models wouold be backed up and able to support added animations that are not in their original files.

This would be mostley a concept idea for projects that are already in contiplation or would fit in with Myth itself.

The first project would to actually make better models for Myth that would surpass the other projects that have been done (A.K.A. High rez mods).

All models in Myth would be made befor any custom models... this does take time.
=========================================================================
Tudo que Mito deve ser livre. Sim se eu era fazer modelos eles todo seriam livres para todos usar.

A idéia veio quando alguém na comunidade de Mito fez um site que detalhou todo o 3o partido modela... esqueceu-se que fê-lo, se alguém podia colocar quem fez que seria muito apreciado.

A idéia ao redor disto é tentar receber mais apoio onde nós podíamos ter um em projeto corrente onde nós podíamos ter costume que modelos feitos para altos projetos de fim apoiaram via um site. ..or pior caso somente em o tain.

Geralmente converter um modelo a Mito não é tão fácil quanto mais pensa que seria, contrariamente wouldnt realmente é muito procurado. Como fica agora nós realmente temos mais pessoas fazendo modelos para Mito que nós já fizemos befor.

Geralmente a maioria de desenvolvedores só são interessados em fazer modelos para o próprios projetos e ainda que nós sejamos dados permissão usá-los nós podemos achar que nós carecemos animações de certian necessárias a develope o mod que nós tentamos fazer.

Se o Mito que aspecto modelo é a maneira de ir que todo o wouold de modelos é apoiado e capaz de apoiar animações adicionais que não estão em seus arquivos originais.

Isto seria mostley que uma idéia de conceito para projetos que estão já em contiplation ou adaptar-se-ia com Mito se.

O primeiro projeto iria realmente fazer melhores modelos para Mito que superaria os outros projetos que foram feitos (A.K.A. Hi-Rez models).

Todos os modelos em Mito seriam feitos befor qualquer modelos personalizados... isto leva tempo.
Road

Post by Road »

On a side note with new models I would like to point out that as a previous ProjectMagma member I do actually hold the original M2 models in hand. Unfortunately they are nothing but crap and even attempts to bring them back to life are a meaningless effort that causes more pain than joy.

Fortunately it is possible to make all new models without dealing with past mistakes and apparently others have seen this. Although some people have used the models to make "new hi-rez" Myth models it did not compensate for the memory or download.

All new Myth models would be custom made, High rez and surpass anything that could be done with the original models.

...Not to mention custom animation for mods :D
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Road wrote: ... Everything Myth should be free. Yes if I was to make models they would all be free for all to use.
The idea came when someone in the Myth community made a website that detailed all of the 3rd party models... forgot who made it, if someone could post who did that it would be much appreciated...
the website would be this?? you refer : http://www.freewebs.com/soulblaster/

I animated and curious with this,is fascinating, can test new models, units, maps, something new to the Myth.

forward ... I'm all hearers//ears :D

Julio
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

perhaps you could make some m3 unit models for m2 :P

would make my campaign feel more authentic :D
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
Road

Post by Road »

You would have to be more specific. The M3 models are really poor but can be improved without too much effort. Fortuantly their CMaps are rather well done where as their polycount is very low... which is an easy fix.

I actually had not considered making new units based on the M3 ones.

Was there specific models that you where interested in? To be honest I would rather just make my own from scratch as they would look far better than any of the Myth models made in M2 or M3.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

I actually had that in mind (making new models from scratch)

Much needed:
Moagim
Oghre
The Heros like Connacht, Human Damas, Ravanna, Myrdred.

Optional:

HD Iron Trow (zephs not that great since i edited the obj tag to make the trow bigger cuz reg size wasnt tall enough)

The Ghols (brutes, priests etc)

Trow Regular

Warriors (With axe/sword & shield)

etc
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

If you could help to port the M3 units to M2 it would really be appreciated. Don't be a stranger on uDogs Hotline.
Road

Post by Road »

Ill take a look at the M3 models and see what I can do. If I recall correctly they are in 3DSMax... if so they should be rather easy to convert since 3DS Max models are compatable with the other 3D programs I am used to.

I work in retial and as some of you may know it is going to be a rough month and that is why I had a deadline on the poll. I will look into the M3 models as time allows but I wont get much done until the shopping season is pretty much over.... working a lot of overtime these days.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

DarthRevan555 wrote:I actually had that in mind (making new models from scratch)

Much needed:
Moagim
Oghre
The Heros like Connacht, Human Damas, Ravanna, Myrdred.

Optional:

HD Iron Trow (zephs not that great since i edited the obj tag to make the trow bigger cuz reg size wasnt tall enough)

The Ghols (brutes, priests etc)

Trow Regular

Warriors (With axe/sword & shield)

etc
Road // Darth,

the Darth words , i do mine, and add would be wonderful to have Ravana, and also female villager (or female peasant)

Julio :D
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

By the way I voted Piss Off because I am bound by law to vote that whenever it's an option for any poll. So please take no offense :-)
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

GodzFire wrote:If you could help to port the M3 units to M2 it would really be appreciated. Don't be a stranger on uDogs Hotline.
GodzFire wrote:By the way I voted Piss Off because I am bound by law to vote that whenever it's an option for any poll. So please take no offense
Ask for his help & then openly admit you are the one who voted to piss off. Nice tact there godz.
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Road wrote: Fortunately it is possible to make all new models without dealing with past mistakes and apparently others have seen this.
I would love this and have been hoping someone would do it ever since I saw and fully agree how crap the original Myth models are. It seems like the real facelift for Myth can only really happen if someone takes the time to redo the models like was done for the Total War conversion or similar.

Of course you other ideas sound awesome too, so whatever you're the most passionate about :) Once I get decent internet again I'm always happy to host! (ETA probably a few months.)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

GHOST® wrote:
GodzFire wrote:If you could help to port the M3 units to M2 it would really be appreciated. Don't be a stranger on uDogs Hotline.
GodzFire wrote:By the way I voted Piss Off because I am bound by law to vote that whenever it's an option for any poll. So please take no offense
Ask for his help & then openly admit you are the one who voted to piss off. Nice tact there godz.
At least I'm honest :-) Like I said it wasn't directed at him.