Myth II music located in what file/folder?

Talk about anything here.
ITPalg

Myth II music located in what file/folder?

Post by ITPalg »

Where can I find the music in Myth II? I looked through every folder in the Myth2 folder. All I see are the smacker cutscenes for 'media'.

Windows 7 on my games partition...
GodzFire

Re: Myth II music located in what file/folder?

Post by GodzFire »

They are part of the tags. You can download the soundtrack here: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/__MUS ... undtracks/
ITPalg

Post by ITPalg »

Thanks.

I guess that means it isn't an easy thing to extract?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ITPalg wrote:Thanks.

Why would you need to extract the music, if you can download it already 'extracted'?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You can extract the sounds in the game. However, if your goal was to extract the music you hear during the journal entries before a level starts, it would come with the narrator speaking. If instead you wanted to extract other sounds that were not music, you can do so with some tools.

When you run the updater, there is an option for installing the Myth2 mapmaking tools called Fear and Loathing. You can run the updater again to install those tools. Fear has a section for the sound tags. If you open these sound tags, you can use Fear to replay them. Find the ones you are interested and save them. You can do this by opening them in Fear and clicking on OK. This will save them in Myth II's "local" subfolder. Next you can use a tool called SoundBlighter to open these sound tag files and extract the sounds in AIF format. You can then of course use a sound program to convert that to whatever format you prefer.
ITPalg

Post by ITPalg »

Obviously if I wanted to do the music only myself, I would need to know how to do it.
If I hadn't found any place such as this to ask, then I would have had to find out how to do it instead of downloading it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ITPalg wrote:Obviously if I wanted to do the music only myself, I would need to know how to do it.
If I hadn't found any place such as this to ask, then I would have had to find out how to do it instead of downloading it.

I apologize if I sounded critical, I may have misunderstood why you were asking.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

ITPalg wrote:Obviously if I wanted to do the music only myself, I would need to know how to do it.
I don't understand what you are saying here. The music can't be extracted from the game since it's hard mixed with the narrations. If you want the music, download it from the link GodzFire posted. Otherwise, what are you trying to do?
ITPalg

Post by ITPalg »

Melekor wrote:
I don't understand what you are saying here. The music can't be extracted from the game since it's hard mixed with the narrations. If you want the music, download it from the link GodzFire posted. Otherwise, what are you trying to do?
vinylrake wrote:
ITPalg wrote:Thanks.

Why would you need to extract the music, if you can download it already 'extracted'?
vinylrake wrote:

I apologize if I sounded critical, I may have misunderstood why you were asking.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Okay, you just copied and pasted a bunch of earlier posts without adding any extra information. I suppose you are not-so-subtly implying I haven't read the thread? That's rude and also incorrect. The problem here is that you haven't expressed yourself with sufficient clarity, not that I haven't read what you wrote.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, I didn't understand it either. But I figured ITPalg might have meant non-music audio instead, since that stuff is not extracted and ready for download like the soundtrack music.
ITPalg

Post by ITPalg »

It was quite clear.

I responded by showing the posts that were relevant to your post without having to type anything.

I guess I have to rely on someone else to get music and not get them from the game. I have no idea how they exist, only that they do for download.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

ITPalg wrote:I guess I have to rely on someone else to get music and not get them from the game. I have no idea how they exist, only that they do for download.
You CAN'T get them from the game. The stuff you hear in the game has the narration baked into the music. You can't separate the two. The only way to get just the music is from the officially released soundtracks.