The non responding bug of 1.5

Talk about anything here.
Dante np

Post by Dante np »

Do you know how I could avoid the "non responding bug" of 1.5, this referring to the bug where units dont obey orders nor chatting is possible. It's extremely annoying when your units just stand in a box formation for 3-30 seconds and you can only watch as the enemy lock approaches, and this usually happends several times each game. I hoped the bug would be gone with buying a new computer but the problem still remains, though it's not that common anymore.

This doesnt seem to be that common bug but still I'm not the only victim. Especially now when the mwc finals are coming I dont wish to be handicapped anymore.

I've tried everything to fix this but nothing seems to help.
So all in all, is there ay way to fix this or am I doomed to suck at the mwc finals?

-Dante

ps. I have films and I can produce plenty of more.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Dante it could be your 233mhz Pentium and the fact you live in Scandinavia means bad ping and bad fps. Or, it could be another bug!

Sincerely,
Krusader

P.S Anyone know where the hell is Graydon?
Krusader Bastard
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Graydon is on Summer vacation, in a cabin somewhere, with only occasional internet access when he visits a friend's house. Or something like that. He'll be back in September.
Dante

Post by Dante »

Krusader wrote:Dante it could be your 233mhz Pentium and the fact you live in Scandinavia means bad ping and bad fps. Or, it could be another bug!

Sincerely,
Krusader

P.S Anyone know where the hell is Graydon?
Well currently I have brand new p3000 along with a 10/10 meg vdsl, so that shouldnt be the problem...
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

That is a silent OOS. :(
“LORD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!”
Sarah Noelle Pratt Ferguson
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Ah, no probably it isn't. The problem may be network related - ie your packets aren't getting through - or it may be an input issue. My guess is the latter seeing you're on Windows.

In the Control Prefs, right hand side, is a checkbox labelled DirectInput. Have you tried with it on (or off if its currently on)? Also do you get the problem playing a solo game or when you're hosting?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

I sometimes (very rarely) had that in 1.3 on the mac... Do you know if a film would help?
“LORD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!”
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

It sounds like delay lag to me...it's a strange form of lag I've had sometimes where the game still runs but you can't control...I think it has to do with your download working but your upload lagging...?
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

How would that explain the chat function not working? (read: nothing happening when you press z)
Dante

Post by Dante »

Directinput thing didnt bring any help, I'm doomed now :(
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

Two questions: Do you have to wait for the game to end and a new to begin, before it goes away? and If it happens, when you press your chat key, does the input bar show up and can you type stuff in?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

And repeating an earlier one - does it happen in solo mode or when you host?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

It never happened in solo mode or when I hosted. Was normal random ffa games :o