Redicilous TFL gameplay in Myth 2

Talk about anything here.
lank

Post by lank »

what's wrong with tcp/ip?
*toot*
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

Orlando the Axe wrote:how about lemmings in the worms engine?

I haven't played worms since the first one, but it always seemed to lack one thing that made Lemmings fun-there's 80 of the blue haired rodents and they aren't under complete control. And who wants turns? Physics engines and pathfinding AIs and everything else considered, it seems like Lemmings has more in common with Myth.

But more Mythlike. See, what I had in mind would be sort of like stampede. But regular "point and click" myth control of units would be too simple-then again it seems like setting everyone walking in a straight line and using blockers, even ones that could redirect at an angle would be too complicated. Maybe control by setting up rally points that attract the lemmings, have them go from one point to the next in line. And you could set different points for different individuals so you could have a couple go ahead to build the bridge while the rest go in a circle rather than dive in the water/lava/poison. Maybe you could turn a lemming into a traffic director instead of a blocker that would attract the flock and shoot them off in the right direction?

Anyway, I was thinking you'd have two teams trying to get as many lemmings to the opposing base as possible while preventing the opponents. There'd be major barriers and traps littering the landscape of course but the main challenge would be that your opponent would be able to do a suicide attack on your bridge just as the main group started across.

Of course, not only would this require new graphics, physics, AI, unit control and a bunch of other engine stuff, the plug itself would be like writing a totally new game so it probably wouldn't happen even with that other stuff. The way I'm thinking about it at least.

Maybe someone smarter than me could make a plugin that looks nothing like lemmings but plays as much like it as it plays like Myth. Anyone else remember the plugin 'Bolo'? I think I have a beta of it somewhere... Someone rescued some ideas from an old game, while giving up ideas that wouldn't translate into Myth, such as controlling the tank from the keyboard. He also used regular myth units which probably saved a lot of work. I guess the lesson is 'Do something creative, mix unique gameplay elements in a way that's never been done before and people won't play your plugin and will probably forget you ever existed.'
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Worms 1 is the worst worms game by miles. All the units look 10x as cool from Worms II onwards. Who carres about it being slow? Ninja ropes own.

Also, if u wanna complain about vTFL make ur own version. I can understand ppl saying 'I wish it was better' but u sound like u r ANGRY at Magma, like they commited a crime. Myth II's latest versions are free. There's nothing to stop you going on MariusNet, PlayMyth.net or on ur own on Myth II v1.4.x. U won't have many ppl 2 play with but it is possible.
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

I thought that the dreaded "bottle of deth" was more common in 1.4 and was fixed in 1.5 :o
“LORD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!”
Sarah Noelle Pratt Ferguson
lank

Post by lank »

it is. check the tags. :p
*toot*
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Guest wrote:Since 1.5 there are allot of bounces on puss and dwarf bottles. If you ctrl click almost always does a dwarf bottle bounce.

Also when dwarves die they always drop a bottle and sometimes even drop a lighted 2nd bottle which makes your complete army die and this isn't when he was just about to throw but also even spaced they do this.

Fix this in the next update, people quit TFL for a reason.

Also the TFL melee system is kinda dumb considering 50% of the units behind the fighting ones are just walking around.

I won't start on the increased dud rate since you'll just deny it, but there are allot of duds.
Sorry You have no respect for real myth

Newb

Go play ww2 u wacko
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

thats warped...
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

lol preach wat needs to be preached HALLELUYA
Propain

Post by Propain »

I heard someone complain about the TFL gameplay two days ago on playmyth. But they said that bouncing bottles are unrealistic.

The truth of the matter is, are trows realistic?

If you dont like the gameplay then dont play. People did not " Leave TFL " because of the gameplay. If that were the case, then why are people still making Plugins for TFL gameplay? ASS! Nuff Said!

-Prop

" You cannot plow a field just by turning it over in your mind. "
-Prop
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

HALLELUYA