Myth New n Tasty

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
MacMike

Re: Myth New n Tasty

Post by MacMike »

I looove the berserker!

I have stopped my replay through myth series to await these updated units
Any idea when they might be finished?
Souly

Post by Souly »

Well i am making about 1 ever day or 2 days.... i just completed the Dark so i am left with the light and some M3 units.

But you can do the Math...
TFL and M2

Warlock
Wars
Bowmen
Firbolg
Jman
Heron
DWF
DWf mort
Alric TFL and Alic M2
peasant
... Think thats it for that.

M3 all up to Revan what he wants.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

paladin MAIK wrote:I do not know what to say ... It looks great, but ... why he has such a small head and a huge body ?!
I had that reaction for a second, but I think the proportions are correct once you take into account the size of his muscles and the amount of his head that is hidden by hair. Zerk looks awesome to me.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

also, I'd like of "Peasant torch bearer" as in M3 (the nest). :)
mountainlover

Post by mountainlover »

@Souly

Berserks are amazing!

A question about the warriors. Is it possible for you to randomize the faces of the warrior unit? I know that when you add the warrior unit made by Iron on to a map, some of the warriors appear with a beard, some others appear clean shaven and some with a mustache.

Can you do something similar? It would be good to have some variety in there instead of the typical clean shaven warrior.
It is in complete solitude where we are least alone.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

mountainlover wrote:@Souly

Berserks are amazing!

A question about the warriors. Is it possible for you to randomize the faces of the warrior unit? I know that when you add the warrior unit made by Iron on to a map, some of the warriors appear with a beard, some others appear clean shaven and some with a mustache.

Can you do something similar? It would be good to have some variety in there instead of the typical clean shaven warrior.
as much as that sounds cool, I would prefer that the soldiers match, they should be clean shaven and look the same as even modern soldiers are to eliminate uniqueness. it would feel more military appropriate since wars are trained etc, zerks are more well.. zerk like so they don't give a ***& heh
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
mountainlover

Post by mountainlover »

DarthRevan555 wrote:
mountainlover wrote:@Souly

Berserks are amazing!

as much as that sounds cool, I would prefer that the soldiers match, they should be clean shaven and look the same as even modern soldiers are to eliminate uniqueness. it would feel more military appropriate since wars are trained etc, zerks are more well.. zerk like so they don't give a ***& heh
You have a point there.

However, one problem with high res units is once you zoom in a bit close, all the faces look the same. Now this doesn't affect the dark units so much especially the undead ones, but it can make the light units seem like clones of each other. That is why I wanted to see a bit of variation.

I would at least hope that we get to see warriors with axes just to change things a bit.
It is in complete solitude where we are least alone.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

As I've mentioned to Souly already, it would be cool to have a couple of variants (e.g., warrior with sword and no beard, warrior with axe and beard, or warlock variants like in M3). I'm seeing this as entirely a matter of whether he feels like doing the extra work -- not going to push for it, it would just be cool, especially if Revan implements them in the M3 conversion. As a counterargument to the point about uniformity, I think that in the midst of a really long, bloody campaign you'd lose some of that discipline and sameness. Some troops might just not bother shaving, and their officers might not bother making them. Some of them might have lost their swords and had to make do with axes. The good thing about this is that it could be entirely up to the mapmaker which ones to use (with a little bit of tweaking in the game editors), so you could vary the level of uniformity to fit your particular setting.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

A-Red wrote:. As a counterargument to the point about uniformity, I think that in the midst of a really long, bloody campaign you'd lose some of that discipline and sameness. Some troops might just not bother shaving, and their officers might not bother making them. Some of them might have lost their swords and had to make do with axes. The good thing about this is that it could be entirely up to the mapmaker which ones to use (with a little bit of tweaking in the game editors), so you could vary the level of uniformity to fit your particular setting.
That sounds cool. If Souly did make lots of variants for the warriors with beards and axes and blunt swords etc... could have them be used in the later M3 levels especially when they go to the snowy mountains after just clashing with the watcher
Insert text here.
Insert massive ego here

Souly

Post by Souly »

juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

so much regular units or diversified, they are welcome, would look good on new myth. 8)
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:
A-Red wrote:
... Fetch are female, too. They just happen to be from a different dimension and wear the skins of men. So I guess you could say Shiver is the only female character in the game that was actually human at some point...
In "MYTH II REGULAR UNITS - MISSILE [DARK]" (website home myth of soulblaster) Fetch is male ! however in "3rd party warlocks" are female :
"fetch priestess"

Souly

Post by Souly »

killerking

Post by killerking »

Just came to stop by and say these units look cool.
Are you going to release them as a tagset/override plugin for myth 2 at some point?
One thing I noticed though is that it seems like the models don't 'connect' to the map, i.e. it seems like they're not actually standing on the ground but are somewhat disconnected from the earth.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

killerking wrote:Just came to stop by and say these units look cool.
Are you going to release them as a tagset/override plugin for myth 2 at some point?
One thing I noticed though is that it seems like the models don't 'connect' to the map, i.e. it seems like they're not actually standing on the ground but are somewhat disconnected from the earth.
Simple explanation.

1. The textures hes using are old and also is very white.. anyone would look like they are floating on a solid white ground.

2. He's zoomed in when he takes the screens, playing with these zoomed out as you normally would will fix any displacement you may think is there.
Insert text here.
Insert massive ego here