Playing Myth II multiplayer

Talk about anything here.
The Lion

Playing Myth II multiplayer

Post by The Lion »

Hello. :D

I have a question about playing Myth II in multiplayer. I do not have an account to gateofstorms.net. I have only logged in a few times so far as "guest", but I have never seen nary a soul nor a game in the multiplayer lobbies. Is this because I am logged in as "guest"?

I saw at gateofstorms.net that the way to login with an account is through Steam. I am not a big fan of Steam, and have actually deleted the Steam app on my mac so this presents a slight issue for me. Is there any other way to login with an account?

Or is there more then just the gateofstorms.net servers that Myth II players can login to find games?
The Lion

Re: Playing Myth II multiplayer

Post by The Lion »

OMG. :facepalm:

I just realized that there is a way to change the rooms at the top left hand corner of the screen! I cannot believe that I forgot about that. Its only been like 17 years or something like that since I last played Myth II. :D

Okay here I go. :D
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Don't feel too bad. That was a big thing on Bnet, novices would come online in to a random room, see no one there, go away and never come back. :facepalm:
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, I think it still happens. When the switch to Gate of Storms was new, I would notice a few players show up in the Madrigal room. Curious I went there to see why they didn't switch. Turned out they didn't know how to switch. I started leaving a guest client on Madrigal to point them to the other room.
Seguin

Post by Seguin »

Pyro wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:07 am Yeah, I think it still happens. When the switch to SR9009 was new, I would notice a few players show up in the Madrigal room. Curious I went there to see why they didn't switch. Turned out they didn't know how to switch. I started leaving a guest client on Madrigal to point them to the other room.
This happened to me too the first few times I tried multiplayer. I was always coming back but the first few times I thought no one was playing at the moment and left. lol
Last edited by Seguin on Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Just switch rooms by clicking on the banner that indicates the name of the room. If you still have issues, let us know.