ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

New Dakota map? =D
teepens

Post by teepens »

you heard right, get on HL ye scurvy dog! :P
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]I'll try to make the 11pm EST test.. Should be able too. Mb not tho..

>>And jOO did make it, even waited for my slow arse, sorry I held us up so long SK8 had to leave though. :o(

ok.. minor bugs, suggestions ghost..

From other people in the game..

#1 - More roots.. the army on norm kicked our asses when it hit around 35 minutes. We had no heals..

>>Placed a few more bushes, and setting somehing up that will help replenish the observant player with some roots every 5-10 minutes (timeing subject to change of course)

#2 - Make the trees blow up faster. Takes some effort as is now to blow them up.

>>Ill compare them against mazz, I thought they were taken out rather easily with lightning, but Ill double check things.

#3 - Make enemy fireballs dodge less. (as in, dodging your own shots)

>>Sorry, aint gonna happen, I always hated how the enemy locks in mazz stood around after firing there load off, however, I am looking into slowing them down speed and turning speed wise, and mb so they dont fall back so far ??

#4 - Suggestion- Make enemy fireballs cause area damage. As in, if a thrall walks by it, it gets damaged.(Dunno if this can be done or not, but I think its a good suggestion.)

>>As I mentioned on HL, I can think of a couple ways to possibly do this, but the payoff for the amount of work / script wouldnt be worth it. If it was but for a single unit, or even just a few, mb, but not for over 60 of them. :o(

And thats all we got from a 35 min game. Had 5 players, but 1 dropped about 5-6 min in cuz he had to go. I like it ghost, but one of the people in the group said there's no way someone can last 100 minutes like the original mazz map.. I disagree with that though.

>>Heh, well, thats what I am hoping testing will prove out mb. As well as insights to other issues I may have overlooked.

GJ on the map.. Another great map popped out by magma.. Appreciate everything you guys do and will always be here to lend a hand if needed :)

>>hehe, Thanks, but its not done *yet*, still Beta jOO know. ;op I greatly appreiate the help Fear, you have always been there whenever Ive needed some quality testing / help / feedback ever since Green Berets, Thanks!! :oD

PS. Forgot to say this in earlier post.. Good to see ya online again Ghost.. *kiks ghost in nutz* B I S H !

>>What little time I get, its good to be back. :o)
BTW BIOOTCH !!, Id rather have you kix me in de nutz then humping my leg anyday. ;o)

Get Nekid Bro,

L8R[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
lank

Post by lank »

just some info for those who want to know...

stuffit on mac can decompress pc self-extracting archives like normal zip or stuffit files. i assume windows stuffit is capable of the same for mac .sea (self-extracting archive) files. i decompressed the .exe just fine, though i have no time to play it for another week. :(

cyall when i get back to sydney...
*toot*
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Requiem of the Dead Beta`s and Patches

A Beta 01 to 02 patch is up, a bit large for a patch, (3.8MB), but further patches should be quiet small.

Ill UL a full Beta 02 when I UL a beta 02 to 03 Patch and a full Beta 03, (fixes minor scripting oversites), later this evening.

You will need OmniPatch Apply to apply these patches, which can be had at Magma HL, just ask one of us where to get it if youre in need.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Requiem of the Dead Betas and Patches

OK, a 02 to 03 OmniPatch is up, a mere 234K this time. :o)

Also a full version of Betas 02 and 03 will be up shortly (depending how my meager 56K modem holds out). :op[/color]
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

another thing: the wraiths or whatever they are called...

when they stone you, you need to heal first, then you can't move, and you remain in that status untill you get pussed... once the puss effect has worn off you can walk again...

i didn't try to taunt after I "unstoned" a unit, but attacking nor moving nor being attacked works to give back mobility

rarely healing like 5 times does... but i don't think thats the goal is it.

And about the HGH, isn't he kinda slow? i never played him in mazz, but i'm used to the (imo) faster HGH from Roads "Heroes of Coop"

Greetz, Brainbug

edit*: forgot to add this: about 45 minutes into game, some of the dark electroballs appeared as lightning shooting mahir's.
i mean, just a shadow floating on ground with a red box on top if you went over it...
This could have been because of a lack of RAM :p i had like 15 app's open including PS, a rendering Cinema 4D etc. and when i tried to take a snapshot, my comp kinda froze so... :;):

edit**: What is the font you used in the readme etc???
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]another thing: the wraiths or whatever they are called...

>>>Yep, Wraiths, or Nazgul(sp?) if you wish ("make it look like the Nazgul in LotR" is the description I gave Khellek when I asked him to make this unit. ;o)

when they stone you, you need to heal first, then you can't move, and you remain in that status untill you get pussed... once the puss effect has worn off you can walk again...

>>>Aye, as the Hints state, you need to taunt if the unit refuses to move after being unstoned. Not quiet sure why they get stuck like that occasionally. :o(

i didn't try to taunt after I "unstoned" a unit, but attacking nor moving nor being attacked works to give back mobility

>>>Does or Doesnt work to give back control ??

rarely healing like 5 times does... but i don't think thats the goal is it.

>>>Hardly, unless you like to waste roots you will most likely need later in the game ;o)

And about the HGH, isn't he kinda slow? i never played him in mazz, but i'm used to the (imo) faster HGH from Roads "Heroes of Coop"

>>>Good observation, he is indeed .002 slower than the default HGH. Ill have to ask CP what his original reasons were for slowing him down a tad.

Greetz, Brainbug

>>>Salutations :o)

edit*: forgot to add this: about 45 minutes into game, some of the dark electroballs appeared as lightning shooting mahir's.
i mean, just a shadow floating on ground with a red box on top if you went over it...
This could have been because of a lack of RAM i had like 15 app's open including PS, a rendering Cinema 4D etc. and when i tried to take a snapshot, my comp kinda froze so...

>>>Heh, all that stuff may have had something do do with it, but I have experienced this as well, though usually a bit later in the game. I am looking into it. Not really sure WHY it would do this as for me it appears to happen when less is happening on the map than other times when they appear fine.

edit**: What is the font you used in the readme etc???

>>>Daedric Runes. Crap thing is for WHATEVER reason, those who made the font didnt fOOking make an X or a Y. :o(

>>>Thanks for the input and feedback BB. :o)[/color]
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

on this site:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/chalice/site/files.shtml

you find the font which includes the X and Y

btw, i play it with the HGH and mazz only, wasting all my duff/lok/arc specials in the beginning to clear out roots so healing the stoned mazz isn't waste its a necessity :D

I'll try taunting, and see if i can find the readme again :( think i deleted it
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Sweeet!! This must be a semi recent addition to that sight, as its the same place I DLd the Daedric font from to begin with, as well as the "ManaUser's Daedric Trainer". ;o)

Ive bumped the HGH back up to his original speed, .039, just for jOO. ;o)

Deleted the Read Me !? :oO

Well, I guess thats ok, especially since the information is located in the In Game Level Hints and Objectives mb. ;op

*Note: The hints are still in Mazz form, the next beta will have slightly revised hints.[/color]
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

yeah i never read the read-me's :roll:

the HGH wasn't really necessary i think, i just noticed the difference
also on mazz and RotD, does the stoning wear off? or do ur units just remain frozen till they are killed/healed? i don't know since i removed the Read Me :D

i dl'ed the daedric there, and it doesn't work :/ but the oblivion does so I'm fine...

btw, I upped the other ford Ka movie in your folder :D
i prefer decapitated cats over catapulted pigeons
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
yeah i never read the read-me's
OMG!! And to think of all the time I spent hacking CPs Mazz Readme, adding cool rune FX etc. :o(
the HGH wasn't really necessary i think, i just noticed the difference
also on mazz and RotD, does the stoning wear off? or do ur units just remain frozen till they are killed/healed? i don't know since i removed the Read Me
Well I see no reason why he shouldnt retain his original speed, even if the units are a *tad* smaller than normal MII. As for the stoning, nope, its a perma buzz, err I mean its permanent until healed or killed.
i dl'ed the daedric there, and it doesn't work :/ but the oblivion does so I'm fine...
Hmmm, well since the Oblivion has the X and Y, Id rather have it over the Daedric Runes mb. ;op
btw, I upped the other ford Ka movie in your folder
i prefer decapitated cats over catapulted pigeons
Cool and thanks. Ill have to DL and watch it later tonight if I can get my chores done today. ::sighs:: for some reason I seem to keep ending up back here at my PC. :oO[/color]
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

there was a read me?

*does file search on hard drive*

hmmm..not finding one

DL'd from hotline so i guess i didnt get in....for all it's worth i probably wouldnt've read it
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live, if you are weak, you die.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

Damn this is too hard

how do you kill all them shades in the end? i got 5 yellow balls left but they dont do much against em

(playing on legendary WITH savegames)
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Youve played Mazz correct ??

Well, each Taken appears with its own platoon of black thrall, now think about what you have to do in order to weaken the Watcher in Mazz and apply that to the Taken /Shades. ;o)

GL HF Die well. ;op[/color]