Myth (1.4) and Myth II (1.5) modules compatibility

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Venom

Post by Venom »

Hi, I would like to know if the latest versions of Myth and Myth II support the modules for the previous versions, e.g. does Myth II 1.5 support the Fallen Levels for 1.4??

10x in advance
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

In short, yes - all plugins are supported in Myth II 1.5 even if those plugins were made for previous versions of Myth II. However, the exception to this is large conversions which were made in a non-standard way - ie things that replace files like "Patch 1.3" with their own different files. This group includes TSG and Jinn, and they do not work properly in 1.5 because of their non-standard methods of installation. Everything else is supported by the latest version of Myth II.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Green Berets also fits into the "non-standard" installation method as it replaces the Patch 1.3 file with its own....
do it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Uh Myrd... I duno what you've been testing with... but the original TSG with Patch 1.3 works flawlessly, unlike 1.4. Duno who told you it doesnt work....but IT does. I've always had problems with Jinn though.

Venom: I will also note, that if one person is on v1.4, and another is on v1.5, they will not be able to play together.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

TSG will work even better in a few weeks when you no longer have to do plugin switching. :cool:
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

BtW Lothar, how's that going?
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Flounder

Post by Flounder »

I just found out about these updated versions of myth, and I downloaded the 1.5 patch, but it says I need to install 1.3 first, but I can't find 1.3 anywhere?

Can anybody help me out?
Flounder

Post by Flounder »

This is for Myth TFL (I didn't specify in the above post).
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Flounder, take a look in http://hl.udogs.net/files....updater
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder