Installation without os 9? - Anyone know how to install without os 9?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
miklos

Post by miklos »

hi,

all the work going on here encouraged me to dust off my old Myth II CD...the only problem is, I don't have OS 9 running on my machine, so I can't install it from the installer provided on the CD.

i'm assuming there's an easy way to just copy the right files from the CD to my hard drive, and then apply the 1.5 update. does anyone have a list of the necessary files from the CD, so I can bypass the Classic installer?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The OS X Installer has the ability to install from the CD as well, check it out.
phd

Post by phd »

I have the same problem with The first version... I Whish you could have been more clear with your answer to the first post.

I do not have classic support on my mac. How can I do a manual install?
I can play with the new 1.5 patch that just came out if I play off the cd. The thing is I would like to install some of the cool maps I have seen on this site.

Where can I find this OS X Installer?

Thanks in advance... I love this game! and was pretty stoked you can now platy in open gl :D
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

As far as installing (not merely updating) Myth 2 in OS X:

With your Myth 2 CD in your drive, launch the 1.5.1 installer. You will have the option of either update or install. Select install.

As for installing Myth 2 plugins, download them, uncompress them (using Stuffit Expander or whatever), and manually drag and drop (or cut and paste) them in your plugins folder located within your Myth 2 folder.

Enjoy. :)
phd

Post by phd »

Heya :D

Thanks for the quick reply.
I appreciate you getting back to me.
My cd is actualy the fallen lords disk 1...
Will it work the same as disk2?
Again much thanks.

PS. I love the look of this site I really think you guys have done a great job here :;):
CIK

Post by CIK »

Actually you need to use the 1.5 installer and then the 1.5.1 updater. We haven't made a full 1.5.1 installer yet. But either way you don't actually need any installer, the install CD's all contain a folder you can just drag and drop onto your hard drive. The folder will contain a tags directory which is the most important thing you need from the CD. Either way you will need to then run the 1.5 installer to get all the pre 1.5.1 patch files(Myth II only). Look under the downloads section for the 1.5 downloads.

Now if you only have The Fallen Lords then I'm afraid you can only play TFL. You can do the same thing, just drag & drop the folder from the CD. You will only need the 1.5 installer and then the patch files to play on playmyth or mariusnet. Though I'm afraid TFL doesn't get much regular online play, usually certain nights of the week a few games get played. Also I'm not sure playmyth has the playmyth tags available, because most pre 1.5 beta downloads included them. We are looking to include the needed tags for the final 1.5 release.
phd

Post by phd »

Thank you for being so clear. I really appreciate that.

:D