Myth I vs II

Talk about anything here.
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

I know carpet bombing is one big difference, and it seems that framerate is another. But what are all the differencees from myth 1 or myth II style?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

There's probably close to a hundred minor differences. I would never have thought that many myself until I was involved in testing the original vTFL and watching Iron Duke try to get all working accurately.

But like I said, most are very minor. Aside from carpet bombing and more unit animation framerates (M2) vs more unit detail (TFL) the only totally obvious differences are that M2 units are larger and can "clump", meaning friendly units can overlap the same physical space on a standard Myth II map. Well and come to think of it, standard M2 archers and dwarves are much more accurate in M2 too. Oh, and units in M2 pivot when they turn rather than walk and turn as in TFL. Bleh, I better stop before I list all 100 differences.
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

I see, well thanks alot!
Archer

Post by Archer »

Accuracy's a big one. As far as I can tell, the Myth II archers and dwarves have a better sense of their accurate maximum range, whereas in M1 they just blast away. I personally like that better. First time I won Shadow of the Mountain on Legendary it was a faceoff between my last unit (an injured Journeyman) and two uninjured Evil Dwarves; I ran directly uphill, they threw a bottle, it bounced back and blew them both up. Most satisfying victory ever.

The biggest difference is that Myth II is just a wonderful game, while Myth I is an unbelievably awesome game. :P

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Original version of M2 released with map-making tools - M1 wasn't.

Myrk Gs make a BIG difference (for raiders that is, they created a genre).

Flaming arrows for most arcs in M2, never in TFL.

M2 Jmen are A LOT smarter than the old ones that take ten minutes to heal someone cuz they keep retracing their steps.

Trow in M2 seem a little stronger and faster, or is that just me? More manouverable as well.

Pus is better in M2, and in general ghol are better.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

*publicity* In Freedom II, me and Will made the dwarves that you get really inaccurate (a bit more like Myth I). They're also very dangerous, but I will let you figure it out yourself when you DOWNLOAD it. Yeah. */publicity*
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™