Requiem of the dead - Beta 01

Talk about anything here.
lank

Post by lank »

i'm as good as on that archaic machine, ghost. :P

the new rig's 333 MHz (as opposed to 266), maybe an ever-so-slightly better graphics chipset and turned on its side to sit in a tower case. otherwise, everything's the same (hard drives, os, pci cards). :)

i don't know the exact time of the crash, but it was a little while after the blood thrall. some of my units may have had orders at the time i crashed, so it won't be obvious when they stop moving intelligently (if you call my playing style intelligent).

the film is in my ul folder, called "rotd crash".
*toot*
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Ok I downloaded fc04 from the link at the top of the page, then I got fc04 ---> current one. When using plugin patcher it told me the patch file was invalid.

So am downloading the full 20 mb (which I didn't see in the first place)
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

dant hosted some games for me and hara, we went OOS every single game :(
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

have you changed the "hand appearance"? in last 20-30 games i have NEVER had the hand go up, to give me the puss-immunity crystal :(

another tought on that: can't you put that crystal where the 2nd free dream is? or you get 2 dreams, or you get one dream (in hand) + the crystal, which can be a big advantage as well...
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

also, i had an arch ( i think, i dreamed a group of mauls+arcs) drop an arrow (exploding puss one by the looks of it) instead of a bow... could it be? or is it a scripting mistake
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

another thing: the trow kicks are ridiculously strong, and propel you way too much
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Brainbug Posted on May 26 2004,09:37
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another thing: the trow kicks are ridiculously strong, and propel you way too much
OK, toned down, dorfs and archers will still get propeled, but only about .5 to 1.0 WU now.
Brainbug Posted on May 26 2004,05:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, i had an arch ( i think, i dreamed a group of mauls+arcs) drop an arrow (exploding puss one by the looks of it) instead of a bow... could it be? or is it a scripting mistake
Nope, nothing script wise there, Ill look thru the PRGR tags and see if there is a random chance for a pus packet to be dropped, but the arcs dont carry paralysis arrows, thats the Soulless, so I am not sure HOW that could have occured other than it being a random pus packet in the PRGR, or possibly it was on the ground nearby ??
Brainbug Posted on May 26 2004,04:55
have you changed the "hand appearance"? in last 20-30 games i have NEVER had the hand go up, to give me the puss-immunity crystal

another tought on that: can't you put that crystal where the 2nd free dream is? or you get 2 dreams, or you get one dream (in hand) + the crystal, which can be a big advantage as well...
Nope, it was a 50/50 chance, Ive since modified it to be 66.66% / 33.33%. However, I also added script to force you to *eventually* do away with the Cyrstal or else pay the price, sorry, but Mazz not gettin paralyzed is too much power for him imho. ;op

You forget, you need to trip SW to get the NW. The randomization of the Cystal location keeps each game unique and can force players into unique situations to retrieve it. I added a 4th location near the NW though, so now there is 4 possible locations to locate it.
Brainbug Posted on May 22 2004,18:25
dant hosted some games for me and hara, we went OOS every single game
Please try this with the prior build ?? I am hoping it has to do with the Openplay code that Fe mentioned in another post as I hadnt done anything to RotD that should have caused that between builds. :o(
Baron LeDant Posted on May 22 2004,16:05
Ok I downloaded fc04 from the link at the top of the page, then I got fc04 ---> current one. When using plugin patcher it told me the patch file was invalid.

So am downloading the full 20 mb (which I didn't see in the first place)
Aye Baron, its an OmniPatch, not a plugin patch, sorry, I forget not everyone has or uses Omnipatch yet.
lank Posted on May 21 2004,19:53
i'm as good as on that archaic machine, ghost. :P

the new rig's 333 MHz (as opposed to 266), maybe an ever-so-slightly better graphics chipset and turned on its side to sit in a tower case. otherwise, everything's the same (hard drives, os, pci cards).

i don't know the exact time of the crash, but it was a little while after the blood thrall. some of my units may have had orders at the time i crashed, so it won't be obvious when they stop moving intelligently (if you call my playing style intelligent).

the film is in my ul folder, called "rotd crash".
OK, hoping to get on and get this later tonight ::crosses fingers::

BTW, what build were you playing ?? I know there was a couple builds where Propell+Paralyzed=Crash, though that should have been fixed by build 228 iirc.

Sorry for the slow reply fellas, Ive been in a hella time crunch lately, and even now I have my Sister reminding me we have things to get accomplished. ::gives sister evil glare:: I have an updated local Ive managed to piece together in spare minutes I steal before sleep and I will try to get it plugged, patched and ULd as soon as I can steal away again.

Sorry I wasnt there Saturday, I shoulda mentioned I had intended to get together *this* Saturday, but I never got a chance. :o([/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

when you gunna realease this map?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Brainbug wrote:when you gunna realease this map?
As I was going up the stair, I met a man who wasnt there. He wasnt there again today, I wish, I wish he`d go away.

Tell me the movie thats from and I will release it. ;o)

One more test session of the latest plug and she should be ready. Life has stuck its ugli head into my dream word as of late and I havent had the time to Myth that I normally demand and enjoy. sOOn, look for an updated patch before I sleep tonight.

BTW, you may not recognize a few things, so be prepared, I been "tweaking" things again in the 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there Ive been getting on Myth. MUHAHAHAHAhehe, err ummm yeah. Ahem, anyways . . .

::Loaths::

EDIT:: ChrisP, sorry for the delay, Ill be ULing those Tags tonight for you as well, youre gonna want to check for confliction as I made them in RotD and not in LoE. Also, there will be 2 versions, a stripped down uses but 3 or 4 tags version, and the LTD version Im most happy with and proud of, though I bet Sili could find some/many ways to simplify and improve on it still. ;o)[/color]

Edited By GHOST® on 1086582352
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
lank

Post by lank »

As I was going up the stair, I met a man who wasnt there. He wasnt there again today, I wish, I wish he`d go away.

trick question! it's originally a children's nursery rhyme. :p

:D
*toot*
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

I think I remember someone reciting that famous Mearns poem in Identity. Now release!
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Gotta finish tomorrow, I will get up asap and get back at it, Im having an internal battle with myself over a modification, then if I can get at least 1 decent test game in with multiple systems, I will give the go ahead for release.

::drags weary arse to bed, noting its ONLY 4:25am::

BTW, dOOb, or anyone else thats able to, I have new RotD screens.zip is in my UL box, if I can get someone to remove the 4 old screens/thumbs and replace it with the 8 new screens/thumbs, Id be greatly appreciative. ;o)

BTW, yes, Identity, what a tripped out movie that was. ;o)[/color]
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Real sOOnâ„¢ now, just this one thing I am still not toally happy with, damned uncooperative lightning tags. ;oP

::Grabs sledgehammer of persuasion and returns to Fear N Loathing::[/color]
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

I'll see what I can do about getting those screens up.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Gholsbane wrote:I'll see what I can do about getting those screens up.
[color=DFC99B]WHOOOT !! Thanks Ghols !! :o)[/color]