Current Myth Projects String - Please List What your Working On 4 myth

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

thanks guys!
I just downloaded the tfl solo and I'll check it out, although I don't have tfl in my computer anymore...and I have no idea how to extract this into myth II
Point, to tell you the truth I didn't even try to do that, it ended on a "we are going to try" with the guys at onyx warlords but we never really did, as I don't have any multiplayer maps done...and to do that I would need to have 1 set up
anyways I'll resize the sprites for the horsemen(the collection that was huge) as it lags the game when it fights and runs
but the other units I'll leave them as they are, it would be a huge amount of work to have to resize everything and go back to amber...and I don't even have enough time to finish it as it is....buahhh
do send me that dvd!!!!! pleaseeeee!!!!
thanks a lot!!!!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Point

projects...

Post by Point »

That model dvd ill try to get made as soon as I can... work is kicking my butt latley... If I get cuaght up I should be in LA on thursday.... heading for the SF for a race...

as far as a multiplayer test it could simply be your map as a coop.. online... with several players... pm myrd maybe he knows what used to cause that crash and wether 1.6 version of myth still has that trigger in it...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

Heya!
yeah I know about work...it kills all my time...
no worries...whenever you can
regarding the limits, you mean I could play coop online with a singleplayer level map?
how do you do that?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Load the plugin and hold down the shift key when clicking on "Single player levels".
Point

online...

Post by Point »

build a plug from your local folder give it to a few people mac and pc play it once off line. then it should show in you online choices host game people join then you play....

also good to test your models in the past some model textures were too high res and lagged games really bad... i would suggest you post what your doing and have some smarter than I people give some insight into how best to go forward.... so you dont have to re invent the wheel twice.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

right on
I'll re do the horse sprites and then give it a try
it will take a while though...
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Im currently writing a summary of what everyone (including myself) have posted here. I was writing it before, but Firefox deleted it for me. Thanks alot, Mozzila. Might have it ready for tommorow.

Edit: I have summarised what projects were mentioned in page one. Here it is:

TarousZars:
Chaos - a mapmaking diagnostics tool that can extract units and artifacts from a plugin (if you know how to do it; Untag should help);
Emonds Field - a map loosely based on Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series;
Hero Quest - a tribute to the board game "Hero Quest".

Industry:
Multi-Platform Amber - speaks for itself

Point:
A map-making standards guide or something;
Civl War Reloaded - tagset and maps that is a combination of many civil war plugins plus a load of new units;
Art of Myth - tagset and maps using Bungie's M2 units and many of Creation's units;
Warfare Axis V Allies - tagset and maps started a while ago.

Zeph:
A Long Myth Winter - an RPG for Myth where you control 4 berserks trying to rescue missing villagers;
Mini Myth - Myth mixed up with Warhammer with everything 1/3 of their original size;
Trow Iron Warrior - a port of the M3 Iron Trow to M2, can be found on Myth Addicts;
Axis V Allies 2.1 maps - at the time of post it was almost finished and awaiting test.

Phex:
Various things at http://myth.eu.tp/

The Onyx Warlords (as a group):
The Fallen's Vengeance Demo - demo of TFV where you have to resurrect The Watcher, can be found at http://www.thefallensvengeance.com/ ;
The Fallen's Vengeance Solo and Multi - 25 solo campaign based before the start of the next Cycle and multiplayer maps with TFV units;
Inquistor - multiplayer set in the far future with an advanced Unit Trading window;
Inquistor the expansion - more focused on Enforcers/Soldiers, also a multi and may be included in Inquistor;
Trials of Chaos - solo/coop related to an important part of TFV history
Tomb Kings - massive Egyptian tagset that affects M2 solo campaign, The Fallen Levels, TSG and Chimera;
Ogre Kingdoms - possible future tagset for M2 that was originally planned for M3;
Unseen Battles of Myth - possible solo mappack related to unseen battles in M1, M2 and TFV;
The Battle of Mythologies - Egypt V Greece multiplayer plugin.

Carlinho:
Greek Tagset - really a mapset apparantly.

Pyro:
Fallen Heroes - solo maps that let you play with The Nine or The Fallen Lords where you have to kill the enemy's leader, may include a multiplayer map;
Shiver's Turn - a reverse of M2 solo map "Shiver" where you play Shiver hunting down The Deceiver, may also include a multiplayer map, check out Pyro's Myth Lair for updates.

Clan McCoolness:
Unnamed Marathon One tagset - Da Cid was hoping to make a few solo maps related to the Pfhor's attack on the Tau Ceti colony;
Unnamed Halo tagset - the same, but for Halo, may have some levels on "Fall of Reach";
Patch for Freedom II - William Wallet said this;
Rabican's Last Stand - related to The Watcher encircling Rabican, i think on MariusNet, Cid told me it be a simpler version of Mazzarin's Demise.

Zaknafein:
Fallen Lords V Heroes - on the map of "Shiver" and has the same objective, have to kill Balor, Soulblighter, and The Watcher before Shiver plus heroes that are not in Bungie's Shiver.

DanielRomero:
Conversion of Gauntlet to Myth - units have been made, but need to animated, the map is 30% made.

Souly_TFS:
Also working on an Iron Trow unit;
The Nine V Fallen Lords - coop that takes place in Rhi'Anon, 5 known members of The Nine V The Fallen Lords, will have the Iron Trow.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
point and laugh

Post by point and laugh »

Not that anybody knows who I am or cares, but I'm working on a Vietnam campaign (One that actually uses Vietnam era weapons).
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

sounds cool
Point

CPR and SF

Post by Point »

cpr and sf2 are vietnam era with vietnam units and weapons... check my udogs and ozones udogs
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Not many projects were posted after the first page.

Baak:
-Various projects which all sound good.

Vinylrake:
-Two projects which have huge mixes of lots and lots of stuff.

A-Red:
-A project Horus mentioned which will rock.

Lugas:
-Emperor Bahl'al Map: events after Mazzarin's Demise if Mazz survived, currently idle on it and I may have deleted it;
-Unnamed Lugas Project: Aftermath of Second War which follows an Avatara named Lugas, most Fear work done with several meshes to script;

Haravikk:
-May eventually finished a map.

The Helmet:
-Grave Reason Beta 1.

ChrisP:
-Mazzarin's Demise VI.

Melekor:
-Oak: a myth editing suite, kinda like Fear, Loathing and Amber merged into one.

Myrd:
-I believe Myrd is hunting and killing bugs in Myth II 1.6 Universal.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

I'm working on solo campaign for Myth 2. And because I'm so inneficient in colormap making, I want to use already existing colormaps from some multiplayer maps.

In my campaign, there won't be any new tags (units, models, scenery), except those from maps which I'll use and: Myrmidon unit by Iron Duke, fir'Bolg unit from Chimera. I won't use Myrkridia and Bowmen from m2, because I want to create this specific Myth TFL atmosphere (or something similar - it's hard to do this).

The biggest work will be only scripting, so I will be able to make even 14 maps (by the way: I'm working almost alone :( - my brother will make music).

Story begins three years after Soulblighter's death, bla, bla, bla (all story will be more interesting :D ). You have to kill Shade (very powerful Shade).

Maybe there will be voice acting and if not, only subtitles :(

But there are few problems. I will need some permissions, because these maps are indispensable to make this campaign. Another problem is language. I'm Polish and oryginal version will be in Polish too. English version will take some time.

And like all of us, I'm waiting for Oak...

Sorry for errors.

gugu...
point and laugh

Re: CPR and SF

Post by point and laugh »

Point wrote:cpr and sf2 are vietnam era with vietnam units and weapons... check my udogs and ozones udogs
M16s don't fire three round bursts or have M203 grenade launchers.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Lugas, Souly plays Warcraft3 all day. Stick an AFK note next to your post data on him.
Point

CWR epic scale versions now in the works...

Post by Point »

gettysburg has an epic and normal scale version and hopefully a fun coop

epic version is miniture myth at its best.

could use some ideas on how flags could change as territory is captured...since animating flags as game flags dont animate... these are scenery which when destroyed change sides but wont change back if re captured..