Official 1.7 Public Beta Bug Reporting Thread

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Arzenic wrote:..or just increase the limit significantly. I dont quite see the point in having a limit for the films anyways. With a higher limit you could still put them into folders if you wanted to.
There's no logical point from a player point of view, but if instead of just being a file-open dialogue box displaying the contents of the recordings folder, the program (myth) were to load all the file names into an array in memory so it could display them in a more mythish looking way, there would have to be _some_ limit to the size of the array - either an explicit standard limit or a practical limit based on an individual user's available memory - which would vary by player/computer. Having a hard (standard) limit would at least allow everyone to know what that limit is, instead of the developers having to answer myriad "my friend has 5000 films saved and has no problems, but I only have a few hundred but my 'save film' function is broken because I can't save any games" type of questions.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Myrd wrote:
sasper wrote:i recorded the actual fps rate:
Two more questions:

What resolution are you using?
What FPS do you get with software mode under 1.6 and under 1.7?
In his first post he says software doesn't work under 1.7.
sasper wrote:1.7 is woefully unplayable for me. i am using a powerbook 1.5 ghz motorola not intel, and have tried both universal and PPC, and both suffer the same problems.
if i use opengl rendering, i see only about 2 fps. if i switch to software rendering, i cannot interface with with myth whatsoever, the screen constantly flickers between finder and myth, and i have to turn my computer off and on again to quit myth.
i've also tried playing with the other parameters, texture cache, windowing, max fps etc, nothing makes a difference. you guys still have some pretty catastrophic bugs in 1.7.
never had any problems with 1.7.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

OK. I fixed the issue with software rendering on Mac PPC.

Gleep: Where can I get DoD r27 so I can try those films posted that cause a crash? Alternatively, does anyone on Mac OS X have a crash log? Does it crash on the Mac, on PC, or on both?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myrd wrote:OK. I fixed the issue with software rendering on Mac PPC.

Gleep: Where can I get DoD r27 so I can try those films posted that cause a crash? Alternatively, does anyone on Mac OS X have a crash log? Does it crash on the Mac, on PC, or on both?
No crashes on OSX with DoD rc27. I can confirm that.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

i'm loving 1.7 so far guys... the one issue that bothers me though... and i know it's probably be mentioned many times but i don't feel like reading through to find it... is that the camera continues to pan when you type something. So uhhh... I often find myself on the complete opposite side of the map after communicating with teammates or whatever. This is not good! I hope it gets fixed :) But like I said... 1.7 is awesome so far... really looking forward to the final release. Keep fighting the good fight.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

The camera drifting bug has been fixed for the next release.
killerking

Post by killerking »

I still can't save my single-player replay's. I tried loading the last saved game, even when already in victory, but each time my replay gets screwed and from some moment it no longer records what I did and just gives somekind of ai fight which I always lose.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you download the 1.7 on the first day (May 3rd) it was out? If so redownload it, it had to be replaced that same day due to some replay bug.

However, I don't think it will fix your issue. I loaded your saved game and continued to play. I saved that film and tried to watch it. However at around the 7 minute mark the units stopped and as you described were mindless. It went OOS for me.

I believe your saved game is corrupt and therefore unsaveable for a replay. At first I tried to play a solo game in 1.7 and fast foward to around 30 minutes, thinking it may be some time related thing. But I then loaded the film and no issue.

So I thought of a different way to test it. I loaded 1.6 and played Willow Creek. I stayed in the starting location and had some units move around in that area while I used F2 to speed it up. After a while I then went back to Normal speed and moved units to attack specific ghasts so I can know for sure it was me doing this in the film rather than mindless AI. I saved the game and closed Myth. I loaded the saved game in 1.7 and sent the rest of my units to attack specific ghasts again. When I died, I saved the film and watched it. It didn't play out like it should. They were mindless after a while. So I'm guessing this saved game of yours was started in 1.6 maybe?

For future reference, ZIP up any file that doesn't have an extention like myth plugins, films, and saved games. When I tried to download your film and saved game, it saved them as TXT files. And since I didn't know which was which I had to guess as to which was the film and which was the saved game.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I just want to confirm that there is some kind of bug with savegames and replays. I've experienced it myself. It's on our list of things to fix.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

This is a bug that I thought got fixed several versions of Myth ago. Maybe it was fixed and has subsequently re-appeared, or it never got on the list of completed things in the past.

Here's the bug: Say you have a projectile (an artifact particularly in my case) that has a lpgr 'contrail' attached to it. If this item is on the ground, and you use script to give it to a unit, or you control a unit to pick that item up, the lpgr that's attached to the item continues to play in the item's ground location prior to being picked up/forced to a unit with script. Once the item is dropped again, the lpgr re-connects with the projectile's new location and it disappears from the original marker spot.

It should disappear when the item gets picked up.

If you need to replicate this, go into fear and fight the wight puss packet. Attach an lpgr to its contrail field... something obvious like sparks or smoke or somesuch. Save it, and load up Proving Grounds with the local, then take a ghol and go pick up a puss pack that's initially on the PG mesh. Should demonstrate the issue clearly.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I don't think that is a bug, I had the same issue some year or so ago. I can't recall which flags it is to make sure it doesn't do that. I'll tell you over the the HL since its off topic.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

The "Cannot Be Healed" flag in the "Flags..." subsection of the Monsters entry in Fear doesn't seem to have an effect.
killerking

Post by killerking »

I'm sure that I got the 2nd version of the beta, because I redownloaded it 2 day's later since I discovered multiplayer films were not saved. And no, I did NOT start the game in 1.6 and loaded it with 1.7. So unless there's a 3rd beta I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks guys
Last edited by killerking on Sun May 17, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

killerking, see my above post.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

someone raised a point last night in game that i think is worth mentioning... a nice new feature would be the ability to "lock team" without actually having a team. we all know how annoying it is when someone keeps repeatedly joining you when you don't want them to. is this a possibility?