Current Myth Projects String - Please List What your Working On 4 myth

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Soulytfs_1 wrote::cool:
Dont want to sound like a copy cat(Pyro and Zeph)
But im also working on a IronTrow unit... see Zeph topic.
Im also working on a map that "The 9 vs The Fallen lords" its a coop on a big map that take's place in Rhi anon city.
It will have the 5 know units of The 9 vs all of the Fallen and the Iron trow will be in it.
Waiting on Pyro,Gleeps and my Iron trow units or mb Zephs.
:D
If you don't mind me asking... what gave you the idea of making a plugin with the Nine and Fallen Lords? It just seems like some huge coincidence that you are working on something very similar to mine... I had heard you speak of your plugin in some other post and it seemed like it was heroes (as in not the Nine but just hero units.. I thought) vs Fallen Lords on the Shiver map! If you take a look at my beta its on the Shiver map as well. Though I have plans of moving it all into a new map, but still its soo similar... well from what I can imagine I haven't actually tried your plugin as of yet. But at first I started to assume you got the idea from Magma's War of Reckoning.
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

Pyro wrote:
Soulytfs_1 wrote::cool:
Dont want to sound like a copy cat(Pyro and Zeph)
But im also working on a IronTrow unit... see Zeph topic.
Im also working on a map that "The 9 vs The Fallen lords" its a coop on a big map that take's place in Rhi anon city.
It will have the 5 know units of The 9 vs all of the Fallen and the Iron trow will be in it.
Waiting on Pyro,Gleeps and my Iron trow units or mb Zephs.
:D
If you don't mind me asking... what gave you the idea of making a plugin with the Nine and Fallen Lords? It just seems like some huge coincidence that you are working on something very similar to mine... I had heard you speak of your plugin in some other post and it seemed like it was heroes (as in not the Nine but just hero units.. I thought) vs Fallen Lords on the Shiver map! If you take a look at my beta its on the Shiver map as well. Though I have plans of moving it all into a new map, but still its soo similar... well from what I can imagine I haven't actually tried your plugin as of yet. But at first I started to assume you got the idea from Magma's War of Reckoning.
No i never spoke of Hero's on shiver map.
The first time i spoke of it was In MAZZ6 topic that i shed it will be fun to do this ...

http://projectmagma.net/cgi-bin....;t=1968

and thats were i started to make it. For months now i was just working on a MAP not yet the plug, but the last 2 months i have dun the map "Rhi anon" and now moved on to units. If you rember or not look at this...

http://projectmagma.net/cgi-bin....2;st=30

I asked "TarousZars" insted of you that i need that unit "Maeldun" for my plug. I also know of some one that is making Cu roi, but he didnt do much yet tho! i got a pic of he's unit!

No i didnt get the idea from "Magma's War of Reckoning."
My plug is not out yet still cant get the ove head right and waiting for your unit. Ill maybe make Murgen myself after im dun with Iron Trow.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Pyro wrote:If you don't mind me asking... what gave you the idea of making a plugin with the Nine and Fallen Lords? It just seems like some huge coincidence that you are working on something very similar to mine... I had heard you speak of your plugin in some other post and it seemed like it was heroes (as in not the Nine but just hero units.. I thought) vs Fallen Lords on the Shiver map! If you take a look at my beta its on the Shiver map as well. Though I have plans of moving it all into a new map, but still its soo similar... well from what I can imagine I haven't actually tried your plugin as of yet. But at first I started to assume you got the idea from Magma's War of Reckoning.
Hmmm this is quite the coincidence. I am the one currently working on Heroes vs Fallen Lords. However I had not heard of your map until this thread started so it's impossible for me to have copied you. I got the idea shortly after UTB came out but I didn't start until WoR came out. This was just an experiment for me, and I had no idea someone had already started a map with the almost same exact concept. If you would like to compare the two the map I was working on is in my uploads folder on udogs.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

So we have three different projects that have similar ideas... Fallen Lords and the Nine or heroes. Interesting indeed. It was your plugin I must have confused with Souly's. After all these years you would have thought others would have attempted this as well. I started sometime before The Watcher collection IronDuke made for Mazzarin's Demize 4 (i think that one) was out. but I have been in and out of Myth since so that is why I haven't finished yet.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Watcher was made for Mazz 3 (or, at least - that was when it was released. Maybe Iron had it for a while earlier).

And about this 'coincidence' over Hero plugins... come on... who *ISN'T* making some kind of hero level at the moment? :D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Hero levels are indeed the bomb at this point in time. That, and extra long endurance coops. >_>

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Pyro wrote:So we have three different projects that have similar ideas... Fallen Lords and the Nine or heroes. Interesting indeed. It was your plugin I must have confused with Souly's. After all these years you would have thought others would have attempted this as well. I started sometime before The Watcher collection IronDuke made for Mazzarin's Demize 4 (i think that one) was out. but I have been in and out of Myth since so that is why I haven't finished yet.
Don't let my map affect the progress of your map. I have no intention of releasing mine.
God of mapmaking
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

William Wallet wrote:Watcher was made for Mazz 3 (or, at least - that was when it was released. Maybe Iron had it for a while earlier).

And about this 'coincidence' over Hero plugins... come on... who *ISN'T* making some kind of hero level at the moment? :D

Then it must have been after the release of Mazz 3... but it was after the first Mazz game had The Watcher in it... I had heard of it sometime after its release and then wanted to use it. Yea hero levels are made often... but how many times have you heard of the Fallen Lords being on 3 separate plugins being worked on without the others knowing of the others?

Don't let my map affect the progress of your map. I have no intention of releasing mine.

Don't worry I will still work on it... and just cuz I am doesn't mean you should stop either. I was just curious and intrigued.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:Hero levels are indeed the bomb at this point in time. That, and extra long endurance coops. >_>

-Da Cid-

Yeah that's right, *DA CID*
Heh. What about endurance levels with heroes?
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

It's hard to play endurance coops without heroes.
God of mapmaking
Industry

Post by Industry »

William Wallet wrote:Watcher was made for Mazz 3 (or, at least - that was when it was released. Maybe Iron had it for a while earlier).

I'm not working on a hero level.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Horus â„¢ wrote:The Fallen's Vengeance (Solo) - 25 levels solo campaign based just before the start of the next cycle (after SB).
BTW, Horus, do we know when that is going to be finished? Also, the website is not working (again). It refuses to load and says "Safari can't find the server."
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Lugas wrote:Horus, do we know when that is going to be finished?
October the 32nd.

Hahha just jokes. Wasn't it slated for something like halfway through this year (or later)?

Not that it could be much slower in development than Terragen TGD... MAN ARE they going to release that or NOT?
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

TFV was never slated for any particular time, and that's especially true since Gray deleted a few months worth of meshes and models. The site should be up relatively soon; it's taking time mostly because we're giving it an overhaul and making the old TFV site just one section of the main team site.

Anyway, I guess it's time I post here. In addition to TFV, I'm working on an endurance coop too (without hero units, or even normal units with 5000 hp, if you can believe it) called Grave Tidings, set during TFL. It will have plenty of cool stuff, but mostly I'm going for fairly traditional gameplay, because that's what I like.

And it will have voice acting.
:prods Wallet with a pointy stick: : P

A-Red
Point

Post by Point »

if i had some heros ... AoM

http://hl.udogs.net/files....ark.jpg

http://hl.udogs.net/files....ng1.jpg

And who needs heros if you got artillery :)

http://hl.udogs.net/files....ng2.jpg

sounds like there is a lot of fun stuff on the way for myth ...keep up the good work... and heres a thought script your maps to go together.... ie if victory load the next if defeat load the other and turn them veterans on...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.