Oddities and Problems with Myth 1.5.1 - Vairous concerns for 1.5.1

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Sounds like your Myth CD is bad and is having trouble reading the tag files.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Infinityrays, your problem is quite simple. 1.5.1 introduces two new resolutions (1280x800 and 1280x768). It also comes with a new Patch 1.4 Interface to support these.

However, if you are using a non-standard interface (Chimera, TFL, etc), these new settings are not present, and the installer doesn't actually overwrite your Patch 1.4 Interface.

To stop the crashing, use a different resolution, or switch to the standard interface (by manually dragging it from mac manual installer, for example).

Hope this helps.
CIK

Post by CIK »

For folks who the public beta worked fine and now have low framerates using D3D try the below test build and post your results in the D3D thread.

1.5.1b Test
Smu

Post by Smu »

I tried replying to d3d thread but I didnt have permission to do that so I reply here. Yes I got that 1.5.1 update and played few games and I can tell that my Myth works as well as before with good graphics. Good work guys!
Infinityrays

Post by Infinityrays »

Myrd wrote:Infinityrays, your problem is quite simple. 1.5.1 introduces two new resolutions (1280x800 and 1280x768). It also comes with a new Patch 1.4 Interface to support these.

However, if you are using a non-standard interface (Chimera, TFL, etc), these new settings are not present, and the installer doesn't actually overwrite your Patch 1.4 Interface.

To stop the crashing, use a different resolution, or switch to the standard interface (by manually dragging it from mac manual installer, for example).

Hope this helps.
Ok I've tried the other resolutions!
800x600 works !
Also the 1600x1080 works!
Which strangely pops up; before starting Myth II, when I press the 'option' key and get an options box up, I check check one of the boxes saying "Switch Resolution", then after that I go into the preferances I see a 1600x1080 Resolution for selection!

Looks like 1600x1080 is available to play ehehehehe.
Anyway the game is working fine!
Thanks for the info about changing resolutions!
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Glad its working! Btw be sure & let the folks on IMG's forum know ;)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Judas

Post by Judas »

Pasting this from the pmnet forum:

a couple of things wrong with 1.5.1:

1- Magic dirt is back. Tro get stuck again. You messed with the tro or the pathfinding again =(

2- When I have all melee and a healer on the same preset, hitting 't' to heal a unit now redirects ALL the melee on that preset to the healed target. Before I could use t with my preset and just the jman would walk to the target to be healed, the rest of the melee would continue what it was doing. This is huge. I have to baby sit my healer now. If I do this in the middle of a big melee I basically lost the fight.

Any chance of this stuff being fixed?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Hey Judas, yes we saw the post. We'd need to see evidence of magic dirt in a film in order to do anything. Actually I was surprised to see him say it was back, as I'd heard that our fix for it in 1.5.0 didn't really address the problem (hence it wasn't "gone" to begin with). Remember that magic dirt has been in Myth 2 since bungie released it in 1998 - its not an easy one to eliminate.

The 2nd point is valid & we're looking into it.

Edited By iron on 1112397288
Judas

Post by Judas »

Hey Iron, thanks for the response. I have the film with the magic dirt incident. The tro is only half ringed but can't manage to walk away. Give me an email addy and I'll forward it to you. Obviously, I haven't had time to test the frequency of the problem, but in 1.5 I never had it happen.

I also feel like the units are slower to respond now. If I'm making that up and Magma didn't touch the network code then tell me so and I'll go take one of my pills.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Heh, afaik we didn't touch the network code at all ... but then I'm only one of 3 devs and I wasn't around for about 6 months. If Myrd or CIK did something I'm sure they'll illuminate us, but I doubt anything was changed.

My email addy is iron(at)projectmagma.net - if you can let me know approx whereabouts in the film it happens that'd be a great help :)
Werder

Post by Werder »

For some reason the download isnt working for me.

Ive tried 5 times and everytime i go to dl it it stops after 10.8mb of the 11.7mb file for Windows stating "download complete"

What am i doing wrong or what do i need to do?

Cheers!
CIK

Post by CIK »

Try clearing your browser cache, you may have caught me in the middle of uploading a new installer and your browser isn't clearing out the bad version.
BS

Post by BS »

I've been using 1.5.1 fine for a couple of days, but i tried logging on this morning and all games are red. I'm going to try 1.5.1b and ill keep u posted.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

What does it say when you try to join one?
BS

Post by BS »

I didnt try joining, its red.

Anyway, i cant find 1.5.1b, i dont see what good it would do considering i played fine last night.

should i delete mariusnet stuff it cam with?