Updates for People with problems in 1.5.1 - Get your 1.5.1c here

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

How often do you guys do new builds of 1.5.1? I have build 261.
Waagh!
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

hopefully never again

however, if we're notified of a serious problem, and a good solution is found, another update will likely be released.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

jaylong its possible that your machine thinks it has a 3dfx device or something, and in trying to scan it Myth is hanging. Seems weird I know, but if that's what you see in the log file all the time ...

Perhaps try installing openglide (http://openglide.sourceforge.net). That will give it a "real" 3dfx device (at least it'll simulate one) and hopefully Myth will move past the problem & work for you.

Edited By iron on 1113015080
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Judas

Post by Judas »

Managed to get back on myth to play a few games since my last post about the healing bug with presets. The new patch fixed that problem. Thanks magma. I can play myth again without tempting fate with an ulcer.

I noticed another non-related bug you may want to check out. I was in an autohost game. There were 6 players in the pregame lobby. One was the neutral host. Myself and three other guys were checked. One guy wasn't checked. The game started and the unchecked player was booted, but the engine set us up with 3 teams. It put two players on one team instead of starting them both alone. Don't think it merits a patch, but figured you should know.
shaman blues

Post by shaman blues »

am runiing 1.5.1c on a dual 1.8 g5. about 30% of my games fail to load either as host or player. the game starts, (progress bar appears sometime) and then i get returned to game room with message game over. i have tried several clean installs and removed 3rd party plugs but the problem still occurs. does anyone have any ideas on this or is anyone else having the same problem? this occurs with and without my firewall
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Sounds like you might have a corrupted install. Do you have these files present in your "tags" folder within your Myth directory:

small install
international large install
international small install
medium install
large install
shaman blues

Post by shaman blues »

yes those are all present along with

cache

the problem also happened in 1.5.1, and always at the same point after loading game data and before waiting for other players
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Does it happen if you delete all you prefs, and re-start myth? Can you post the contents of your myth_log.txt file in your Myth directory.
shaman blues

Post by shaman blues »

i deleted prefs and it worked ok till i restarted myth again today then same problem occured, dont really wanted to be deleting prefs everytime before playing . contents of log as follows

2005-04-22 17:51:35
Myth II Build 261 running under MacOS 1039 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_Classic
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Establishing connection with metaserver at balor.playmyth.net:6321...
Connected.
Running OpenGL at 800 x 600, 124 Hz, 16 bit
Starting mesh "WWII:Recon Elimination (SH) v1.0" with 1 plugin...
WWII_Recon (SH) v1_0
Error: File system Create in tag_files.c, line #2765: couldn't delete local tag file ':preferences:progress'
Error: File system Create in tag_files.c, line #2733: couldn't create local tag file ':preferences:progress'
Error: File system Create in preferences.c, line #173: couldn't write progress preferences
Quitting networked game...
Disconnecting from metaserver.
Closing Myth.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

sounds like a permissions problem to me. I'm sure a mac user will elaborate for you.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
father mac

Post by father mac »

seriously, all 1.5.1 has done is screw my host, it's pissing me off
Father Mac
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

father mac, are you shaman blues or someone else with a different problem?

As doobie said, it sounds like a permissions problem - ie the user you're running as doesn't have write permissions on the preferences/progress file. That'd be the first thing to check.

I have a feeling that someone else ran into this problem when 1.5.1 was released, but I can't find the thread that discussed it. Anyway if its not a permissions problem, as a temporary solution remove the preferences/progress file before firing up Myth. All your other prefs files can remain there. I'll keep searching & see if I can find what the answer is ...
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
father mac

Post by father mac »

how do i fix that
Father Mac
father mac

Post by father mac »

and no, i have no idea who shaman blues is
Father Mac
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

he was talking to shaman blues. Why don't you describe your problem a little more in depth father?