1.5 comments - Post 'em here

Talk about anything here.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Ska, I did save that Stair of Grief game's film, but I am unable to see the whole spear-on-bottle explosion. If you want, I can send you the film, just lemme know. ;)
ska

Post by ska »

Would you be so kind? colindru@yahoo.com
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Ok, I have nailed it down. Everytime I turn my camera toward the "swamps" region in WW2: Recon, my fps dips down a lot. I am on an iMac DV 400mhz with an 8mb ATI Card running OpenGL@800X600 resolution. I haven't had this problem before with 1.4 btw.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
ska

Post by ska »

Regarding the Dorf-Soulless controversy: I guess the corner of my eye isn't as sharp as it used to be. What happened was, a bottle bounced off the ground, sailed directly into the "chest" of a Soulless, exploded, then flew upwards, exploding just after its peak. Since thrown bottles traditionally don't explode in midair and it looked like a thrown bottle and there were Soulless about... well, I must have connected these together in my head. What is with a bottle exploding twice, though? I assume it has to do with the Soulless's "allow projectiles to pass through" trait?

Many thanks to Pete for sending me the film. It occurs at roughly 9:40!
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Yeah, I recall seeing that duff bottle shoot pretty high in the air, and I figured that's the wierd spear-bottle event you were talking about. I have to admit I enjoy when my overly-anal-save-films mode actually helps someone out. With any luck, I'll pop in for the Fetchball tourney in two weeks, and see what's in store for me. Of course, maybe I should play it once or so, before the weekly tourney. ;)
Yakolev

Post by Yakolev »

I realy like the loading speed i 1.5 and had no problem whid 1.5

but can you fix the wicory/losse scren look like this?

*Edit* o yeah I have winXP P4 3.0GHz | Radeon 9800XT | 1gig DDR and no problem at all*edit*
grim

Post by grim »

1.5 dropped my fps to maximum of 20 on my win xp. The mouse is also moving infernally slow with win xp, though this was there before. Any way to fix that? This isn't a really big problem for me since its not doing it on my own comp which has me, but these xp computers don't really mix with myth :D
:-)
Morphine

Post by Morphine »

Does 1.5 work with the old RAVE engine on OS 9.2? because i've noticed a large slow down in speed in fps in OSX, to the point where i can no longer play (with open gl on lowest setting, im getting 7 fps, and with softwear mode on lowest setting im getting 16)

Im on a G4 1.2 ghz with a Radeon 9800 (128 AGP card) so it shouldn't have any loss of speed, but for some reason it does...also, on OSX i've noticed that my load speed has decreased tremendously, to the point where its about twice to three times as long as it used to be.

If it works with the RAVE engine, dont bother responding to the rest, i dont mind booting classic, and RAVE worked/works very well with m2
Gallows Pole

Post by Gallows Pole »

Can no longer get on playmyth with either 1.4.4 or 1.5 and cannot not even load playmyth.net browser cannot find the site!! too weird
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

playmyth site is up for me - perhaps they had a temporary glitch. Morphine, 1.5 does work with RAVE on OS9. I'm not sure why everything's so slow for you though - I'm on a lesser machine and getting 70-80fps using OpenGL at 1440x900, and load speeds as fast as before. Are you low on free memory perhaps? That'd cause what you're seeing.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Morphine

Post by Morphine »

Im not low on free memory, i just gave up on that prob and switched to OS9.2
this would theoretically be good, except that even with the full install,
all regular games I play have to load from the CD...I thought that with
the full install, you didn't have to load map from CD then load it again.

Also, Im now having the problem of (this is on every reg map i've played,
dont know if its for all reg maps, or just these (Raid, Gimble, Gyre, PG,
KG, and des) where my computer freezes in the first 30-60 seconds of the
game

Should I just reinstall?
Morphine

Post by Morphine »

for the crashing, it takes place on every map, some are more likely; i havn't managed to play any gimble games yet, though i've tried a couple times, but on raid its less likely. I crash about 80% of the time for reg maps, and if i ever click during PT then i definitly freeze. (i should note, that its freezing, not crashing, and i have to restart)
umm.. yes

Post by umm.. yes »

So you said you attempted to fix the ww2 hill bug.. IMO...when you are downhill to your enemy and you try shooting him, your soldier shouldnt(in most cases with this patch) just start running straight towards the enemy, in other cases, just runs randomly around.( this is what happens in 1.5) I'd much rather have the old hill bug back, in place of your "attempt" at fixing it, because the guy randomly running around(1.5) puts me in more trouble then my guy just sitting there.(1.4)

and also, sicne the patch came out, i seem to be having more delay lag, and lag in general. Maybe its just my imagination.
Morphine

Post by Morphine »

I narrowed down what im crashing on; any game with unit trading allowed, even if pt is off, it still crashes when i try and move my units. All i've been able to play is ww2 recon, ww2 elimination, and gfgg, although i was able to play a few games of raid early, donno what the deal is. Also, even though i have the full install, it still copies the map from CD every time i try and play a game
Morphine

Post by Morphine »

oh, and one last thing, i've noticed a large increase in my CD spinning up and down in games, which leads to a large increase in little lag/freeze blips, which is hard to play with; is there anything i can do to stop this?