Marius Game Night -- Fri June 1

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Frumius wrote:...
It might also be a team game with 2 starts, in which case players can join willing captains prior to the game, or they can be randomly assigned to one of the two teams if the game starts when anyone (or everyone) is not on a team.
It's also not uncommon for one or more players to ask if they can join someone or if anyone wants to be a captain before one of those large 2 team games. Some people just prefer not to take on the role/responsibility of being a captain.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

There has been alot more activity on Mariusnet lately.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You caught me! Yeah there has been an increase. I did my part too. :wink:
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

i know there are issues surrounding playmyth atm, but it is still the main place for mything atm, but in my eyes encouring people to play on marius more is only hurting myths future. I have nothing against either metaserver, but there are a lot of people that, for good reason or not, are not going to end up playing on mariusnet if playmyth dies.. and playmyth registration should be back up soon. It just seems to me like were splitting the community i half, leaving dwindling numbers on both servers which is most certainly not good
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I don't see how anyone can have a good reason not to end up in Mnet. Thing is if we don't go to Mnet returning players and new players might leave for good. Maybe not the returning ones but the new ones would be so new they didn't know anything about anything. And I assure you, there are new players in Mnet.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

AblitERateOR
blades, at playmyth.net wrote:If you all become assholes and make it so that I start getting a lot of "so and so is duping during MWC" emails - I'm going to pull the plug and walk away.
This is completely unreassuring. I say we walk away from pmnet and go to mariusnet before we're left twisting in the wind.

But please let's not turn the Marius Game Night thread into this debate. It's a worthy debate, but make another thread. I'm doing this for the folks who cannot even get a pmnet registrations right now so they can play and become part of us.

Therefore: I'm hosting tonight at mariusnet (I kept saying mariusDOTnet, heh) at 8:30 Pacific. All welcome.

EDIT: Oops, I said "walk away from mnet", but I meant "walk away from PMNET" Heh, major error.
Last edited by Frumius on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

AblitERateOR wrote: but there are a lot of people that, for good reason or not, are not going to end up playing on mariusnet if playmyth dies..
I can only think of a handful of reasons for that:

1. They don't know it exists.
2. They have misrepresented ideas of the place.
3. They are dumbasses.

I'll put my money on #3 for most cases :wink:
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

CORRECTION NOTICE

Oops, I just wanted to make sure this correction was seen: In my post directly above PPE's, above, I said it was time to "walk away from mnet," but I meant it was time to walk away from pmnet. It's not spite, it's survival.

But, really -- debate that elsewhere! I'm just hosting some games tonight, that's what this thread is about. Join in :)
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

I've got some things to take care of in the early evening, but I hope to be on for a bit around 9:30-10pm EDT 8)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Frumius wrote:CORRECTION NOTICE

Oops, I just wanted to make sure this correction was seen: In my post directly above PPE's, above, I said it was time to "walk away from mnet,"
Actually, technically you said "walk away TO pmnet" but correction duly logged.

ote="Frumius"]But, really -- debate that elsewhere! I'm just hosting some games tonight, that's what this thread is about. Join in :)[/quote]

Agreed! I'll try to pop in for a couple of games somewhat close to starting time.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

AblitERateOR, many are playing on Mariusnet because they can't get a Playmyth.net account or can't have their password resent. There are new and returning players on Mariusnet almost 24/7.
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

i need to clarify things because i have been misunderstood.
Im not saying that I have a problem with moving over to marius net - i dont. Unfortunately there are a fair few people on playmyth that as i said for one reason or another wont switch over.
There are still people who care about rank etc on myth.. it is beyond me exactly why, an moving over to a different ranking system upsets a lot of people. Please dont take me wrongly as saying mariusnet is the wrong move, all im saying is that i feel myth is kind of doomed either way.. move over to mariusnet and wel lose a large chunk of players.. stay on playmyth and wel still lose some and have to put up with unreliability.
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

The evening went well.

Lugas

Post by Lugas »

*Looks at pictures*

Wahahahaha! I wish I was there! :lol:
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Twas a very successful night, there were lots of games going even before Frum got there. Just legend of his host draws the masses!

-DA