Why are the Trow evil?

Talk about anything here.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

A-Red wrote:Considering that the race is immortal and non-reproducing...

How do you know they are immortal and non-reproducing?
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Omicron wrote:

WEll, for starters they are all men. So unless they reproduce by parthogenesis (is that the right word? too lazy to look it up) Think about it. HAve you ever seen a Trow wearing a two-piece bathing suit? No they all wear their tarzan loincloths, with nary a breasticle in sight.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

vinylrake wrote:
Omicron wrote:

WEll, for starters they are all men. So unless they reproduce by parthogenesis (is that the right word? too lazy to look it up) Think about it. HAve you ever seen a Trow wearing a two-piece bathing suit? No they all wear their tarzan loincloths, with nary a breasticle in sight.
For that matter, the peasants must be immortal and non-reproducing too. Or else Shiver was very busy, and somewhat confused about her life goals.

Seriously though, I believe their immortality is mentioned in a number of sources, such as the manuals and the comic, possibly a flavor or two? I'm assuming, based on that fact and the fact that there is no indication anywhere of a female trow, that they do not reproduce.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

http://myth.bungie.org/legends/encyclop ... .html#trow

Read all that stuff about the Trow. Implies that Nyx created them and that they have been around for a long time. Connacht even entombed them, and Balor let them free. That is a long time to be trapped underground.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

A-Red wrote:
vinylrake wrote:
Omicron wrote:

For that matter, the peasants must be immortal and non-reproducing too. Or else Shiver was very busy, and somewhat confused about her life goals.

Seriously though, I believe their immortality is mentioned in a number of sources, such as the manuals and the comic, possibly a flavor or two? I'm assuming, based on that fact and the fact that there is no indication anywhere of a female trow, that they do not reproduce.
So the Myrkridia also do not reproduce? I mean you never see a female myrk, for that matter the Fir'bolg must not either. And the Ghols, Dwarves, Forest Giants, Skrael, and Bre'unor.

And oh ya the Fetch, wait, um.....
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Almost forgot the Mauls. :wink:

Plus the humans send only males into combat in Myth II, is it not possible that the Trow are the same?
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Then again, some of those Bowmen look suspicous. :shock:
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Omicron wrote:So the Myrkridia also do not reproduce? I mean you never see a female myrk, for that matter the Fir'bolg must not either. And the Ghols, Dwarves, Forest Giants, Skrael, and Bre'unor.

And oh ya the Fetch, wait, um.....
The Trow are immortal, and no other race we know of in Myth is immortal other than the Forest Giants. Not because we only see males in Myth, but from other information we know of them. If Myrks were really immortal, they would not have been long dead. The Summoner had to resurrect them. Fetch are all female by the way. I guess it is possible they might be immortal. Maybe they aren't truely flesh and blood to begin with. Since all they leave behind is the burnt skin of their victims that they wear. I've seen many people claim that Journeymen/Heron Guard are immortal, but I think they are thinking of a more literal meaning of the word. I see Heron Guard as having much longer lives and therefore a normal human would see/describe them as immortal.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Omicron wrote:So the Myrkridia also do not reproduce? I mean you never see a female myrk, ...
I always thought that myrkridia were female. I would swear they were modeled after one of my exes, at least personality wise.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Pyro wrote:I've seen many people claim that Journeymen/Heron Guard are immortal, but I think they are thinking of a more literal meaning of the word. I see Heron Guard as having much longer lives and therefore a normal human would see/describe them as immortal.
Hmmm, I thought there was a bit about HGs being immortal due to their mandrake rituals and all. Ill see if I can dig that bit up...

-DA
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Maybe you should reread what I said, DA. :P I never said that they are not considered "immortal" but I don't think Bungie was using the same meaning of that word as they did for the Trow. Think about it, in a mind frame of someone in the Myth world. If you have little education if any, you might just know that Heron Guard live really long lives. So you call them "immortal" or "deathless". Or maybe you mean the group/idea of the Heron Guard as a way of life or something as immortal. But that is just my theory. Here is some info on them that you were probably looking for:

http://myth.bungie.org/legends/encyclop ... tml#herons
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Pyro wrote:Maybe you should reread what I said, DA. :P I never said that they are not considered "immortal" but I don't think Bungie was using the same meaning of that word as they did for the Trow. Think about it, in a mind frame of someone in the Myth world. If you have little education if any, you might just know that Heron Guard live really long lives. So you call them "immortal" or "deathless". Or maybe you mean the group/idea of the Heron Guard as a way of life or something as immortal. But that is just my theory. Here is some info on them that you were probably looking for:

http://myth.bungie.org/legends/encyclop ... tml#herons
I know what you meant turkey butt, but I believe there are references to particular HGs being "old". In particular, the Myth II epilogue:

It is even conceivable that because of his actions the cycle has been broken, but we cannot be sure - at least not for another nine hundred and forty years.

Nine Skull chuckled, saying that with a little luck, he may still be around to see.

He told me about old Muirthemne, describing it with words that seemed out of place coming from such a grizzled warrior. He spoke of its many spired palaces and monuments and the grand bazaar during each year's harvest. When I told him that I wished I could have seen the city at the height of its power, he said I might see it in my lifetime.
Some flavor:
"Their healing ritual has its roots in the initiation rites of the Heron Guard, but what brings about immortality in a truly exceptional person merely restores the vitality of lesser men."
-Journeyman Flavor Text, Myth II
-DA
Last edited by Death's Avatar on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Pyro wrote:The Trow are immortal, and no other race we know of in Myth is immortal other than the Forest Giants. Not because we only see males in Myth, but from other information we know of them. If Myrks were really immortal, they would not have been long dead. The Summoner had to resurrect them. Fetch are all female by the way. I guess it is possible they might be immortal. Maybe they aren't truely flesh and blood to begin with. Since all they leave behind is the burnt skin of their victims that they wear. I've seen many people claim that Journeymen/Heron Guard are immortal, but I think they are thinking of a more literal meaning of the word. I see Heron Guard as having much longer lives and therefore a normal human would see/describe them as immortal.
Pyro where do you read that the Trow or the Forest Giants are immortal? I would think their races would have died by now if they cannot procreate.

Also the Myrkridia were never long dead, like the Trow trapped underground, Connacht simply imprisioned them in the tain. I remember in one of the TFL pre level "journal readings" the "journal writer" it says he reads in the Total Codex of the life of a man who would resurrect the race of the Myrkridia and unleash horrors upon the world never before seen in history or myth. Now seeing as how you are advocating that the bungie people were not literal in the meaning of the word deathless, maybe they were also not literal about the Myrkridia. But I think "resurrect the race of the Mykridia", it may have been "resurrect the Myrkridia", simply means bringing them back from the tain into the world. The Legion was put in the tain, they were not killed. In TFL during one of the tain level pre level "journal readings" by the "journal writer" it says they see one of the monuments made of skulls. Thus the Myrkridia were not killed when put in the tain either.

The American Heritage Dictionary has the following for "resurrect": 1: To bring back to life; raise from the dead. 2: To bring back into practice, notice or use.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

There are no Kryds when you are in the tain, so they are probably dead right?

-DA
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Omicron wrote:Pyro where do you read that the Trow or the Forest Giants are immortal? I would think their races would have died by now if they cannot procreate.
Connacht imprisioned them all. Connacht was gone a long time before Balor showed up, and I can't imagine Trow living undergound like how they would on the surface. The Tain is probably a lot bigger compared to where the Trow were entombed. I don't even think the Trow eat. Who knows. But if you read all the info on Trow you can see that they are immortal. Call it, context clues.
Omicron wrote:Also the Myrkridia were never long dead, like the Trow trapped underground, Connacht simply imprisioned them in the tain. ... Thus the Myrkridia were not killed when put in the tain either.
Then you haven't played (or forgot) the Myth II level "The Summoner". The Summoner is seen picking up skulls and then making Myrks appear. I never said Connacht killed them. He just trapped them in the Tain and they probably starved out or ate each other before what was left starved out.
Omicron wrote:Now seeing as how you are advocating that the bungie people were not literal in the meaning of the word deathless, maybe they were also not literal about the Myrkridia.
What I meant is that Bungie might have said it the way common folk would. Not that Bungie itself would not be literal.