Question about the history of Myth

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Renwood TWA wrote:The Leveler has overcome worse then having his head cut off and thrown in a super deep pit, and still come back a thousand years later.

the first Leveler was beheaded and burnt at the stake,

Moagim (the second leveler) was drawn and quartered, the tireless horses dragging the body parts to teh 4 corners of the world.

Moagim reborn (teh 3rd Leveler) was burnt to ashes then mixed with salt and burried under the mountains of Korr.

The fate of the leveler's body will not also mean the end of the entity that is the leveler.

to really know for sure if he will return after Balor, you would have to live in the lands of myth another thousand years and see if the Leveler returns with the comet.

-Renwood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy0yE_Mg_Gk
I always figured the reason he was put in the great devoid was so he'd be falling forever. That way, he wouldn't die, so he could not be brought back.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

You know what guys, maybe the only way to end the cycle is to blow up that fucking comet. Or maybe veer it off course and make it flig off into space, or smash into the moon. Making it smash into the world that is the lands of myth mb not such a good idea.

-Renwood
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Renwood TWA wrote:You know what guys, maybe the only way to end the cycle is to blow up that fucking comet. Or maybe veer it off course and make it flig off into space, or smash into the moon. Making it smash into the world that is the lands of myth mb not such a good idea.

-Renwood
Brings some cause and effect into question.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

after thinking about it FAR TOO LONG, a few years ago i came to the conclusion that the comet is what is possessing people with the spirit of the leveler.

Coment flys close to the planet, comet says "Gee who is the most powerfull badass that i can possess this time?"

It would only make sense that it would be somebody proned to evil actions, as they would be easyier to convince to do all kinds of evil shit.

Why then the hero that defeated the Levler 1000 years later gets possessed.... i can only think that through the acts and deeds of fighting the leveler and his armies for years, that the Hero has become the most powerfull on the planet now.

Or maybe if you kill the leveler you get tainted somehow or are exsposed to something like an evil spirt that now has no host body. (Anybody seen the movie "Fallen"?)

Allthough this didnt happen in the wind age, as the hero of that age died at the end of the war (or just about) and nobody even knows what his name was.

This is the only time in wich the hero of a previous age DIDNT come back as the leveler.

one of the things that drew me to the wind age timeline is something i have allways wanted to see in stories since i was a kid....a story where EVIL WINS!

-Renwood
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Hmm. I always thought the comet was an indicator not a cause. I think I like that better…

Also, story where evil wins: StarCraft.

-DA
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Renwood TWA wrote: Allthough this didnt happen in the wind age, as the hero of that age died at the end of the war (or just about) and nobody even knows what his name was.

This is the only time in wich the hero of a previous age DIDNT come back as the leveler.
Here's the TFV dev theory on the matter:

As some people pointed out earlier in the thread, an age of darkness (overseen by the Leveler) is supposed to last a thousand years, equal to the length of an age of Light (in which there is no Leveler). So The Wind Age was Moagim's thousand years. He appeared at the beginning of it to start the age, and he was killed but brought in the Myrkridia so that the darkness continued. Then he came back at the end of the age in order to be defeated by the Cyclical hero. In other words, whoever killed him before wasn't a hero of the Cycle, because it wasn't time for that hero to appear yet. Technically, Moagim was the Leveler for that whole thousand years--he just spent most of the intermediate time on hiatus. Then Connacht, the actual hero, killed him and started the Wolf Age, which lasted for a thousand years and was ended by Balor's appearance.

By this logic, Balor either:

1) was like Moagim, killed only temporarily, to return later and be defeated for real, or
2) was truly destroyed by Alric because of that crazy scheme with the Devoid, and therefore the Cycle is either broken or seriously out of whack.

We, for one, are going with the latter.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah I always thought that the cycle was broken into something crazy. Instead of the standard 1000 dark years then 1000 light year, it would be a clumps of light and dark years or just grayness. Though I think Bungie meant for cycle to be broken for good.

And from what I recall from the Myth3 story it seemed a lot of it took place in the Wind Age since that was the dark age. And once they win or around that time it was the new Wolf Age being the light age. Which begs the question, why call it The Wolf Age when it took place at the end of the Wind Age. I don't know, maybe I misread it so I could be wrong.

Another thought I had long ago, what if the comet was a chunk of the Myth world that was blasted out when the Great Devoid was created. I know, it sounds crazy, but interesting idea.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Dark? Light?

I prefer a nice beige
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

i prefer peach...and dont you forget it!
Peach Out
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

You know,
Halley's Comet came and Mark Twain was born. It came back and he died.

Hmmm!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Theres a large problem with that "hiatus" theroy A-Red.

Moagim was drawn and quartered on the plains before Ilium at the first few years or decades after the wind age started. So he wasnt around to rule the blasted lands of myth, his armys like the myrks pretty much ran amok for a thousand years, with humanity hiding and on the run bearly surviving.

Tramist's mirror maybe was used to bring back Moagim as Moagim reborn at the near end of the wind age AND moagim reborn was killed, pretty much ending the wind age and beginning the wolf age.

Its funny myth 3 is called the wolf age, since ALL the levels you play and missions you undertake all took place during the very end of the wind age.

hehe

-Renwood
Peach Out
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I love that theory on the Myth.Bungie.org site on it. I think that one fits in perfectly and have never found cause to disagree with anything there.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Renwood TWA wrote:Theres a large problem with that "hiatus" theroy A-Red.

Moagim was drawn and quartered on the plains before Ilium at the first few years or decades after the wind age started. So he wasnt around to rule the blasted lands of myth, his armys like the myrks pretty much ran amok for a thousand years, with humanity hiding and on the run bearly surviving.
I don't see how that conflicts with the theory at all. I *said* he was killed and later returned, not that he disappeared--but the relevant thing is that either way, he was there at the beginning of the dark age and the end of the dark age, the two times the Cycle would have required him to be physically present.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

A-Red wrote:
Renwood TWA wrote:Theres a large problem with that "hiatus" theroy A-Red.

I don't see how that conflicts with the theory at all. I *said* he was killed and later returned, not that he disappeared--but the relevant thing is that either way, he was there at the beginning of the dark age and the end of the dark age, the two times the Cycle would have required him to be physically present.
I don't think losing a body is a huge deal in the world of Myth for someone that powerful, probably.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Im just saying that when Moagim was killed, he was not around for 1000 or so years, and somehow he was brought back near the very end of the wind age as moagim reborn.

So he indeed had nothing to do with events after his first death for 1000 years.
Last edited by Renwood TWA on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peach Out