Official Special Forces 2 version 1.0 thread

Talk about anything here.
Myrninerest

Post by Myrninerest »

What's with the VC rocket trooper's new special? I'm not sure what it's supposed to be for, though it looks cool.

(The plugin is excellent, by the way.)
ozone

Post by ozone »

hey!!!

lets see some reviews!

please.

:shock:
do it.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Where is Gizmo? He still around?
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

still around... uhmmm... thats a hard question...

sad to see the other map I did didnt make it... but theres always 1.1 =)

...Giz
ozone

Post by ozone »

It made it.

The solo/co-op isnt done though

soon.
do it.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I've managed to break the script on every map so far... :(

Some big issues with the Huey on build 313 too.
ozone

Post by ozone »

well then 313 needs to be fixed.
do it.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

What is with the map makers' obsession with putting units and supplies on the very edge of the map? Very annoying when you can't see enemies shooting at you because the camera doesn't work well on the edge of the map.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

which map you talking about? I havent had that issue myself..
sillek

Post by sillek »

I broke the helo's landing gear on Deathgorge co-op. Unfortunately, do not have film. Basically, the helo was landed..and frozen. I could switch to Inv-0, but it would not take off. Only the doors would close (and re-open upon switching inv), nothing else would happen. An enemy stood next to it the entire game, not attacking it.

Haven't really played it. Only games I ever see hosted are Mazz and 2T Reg / Proving Grounds. I try to host it, but nobody joins. I can get 1 or 2 other players, but it's a lot more fun controlling less units. It's easier/more fun to micro manage a few units than it is assault, support, captain, and medic.

Will report back with issues/review when I can play it more..
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Sillek just got it yesterday and played it and is fun.

I found some problems on Death gorge. The chopper flew out of range of the map and I didnt have it bound to a control group so i lost it.

Also I could not get it to pick-up troops. I feel its either not possible or I am doing something wrong.

Looks very good though and I've never minded small quarks. I might make a Jungle map for this baby sometime. I havent reviewed them all so it may already be out there. Maybe a Mazz-Esque like "We were Soldiers" scenario choppers comin and make a clearing in the trees etc....
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

A quick fyi - there's SF2 co-ops in Shadow III and Frenzy (which shows how many years SF2's been in development!). There's also SF2 multiplayer meshes in Frenzy and Dol Baran, plus the Dol Baran solo works ok with SF2 activated.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
ozone

Post by ozone »

Anymore bug reports?

Id like to fix whatever is broke
do it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

One time on the Village level at the start of the level I retreated all the units back towards the camera start location and they went blue and I never got control of the units back. I had to quit.

I have been unable to recreate the bug so I know this isn't a very useful bug report.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

vinylrake wrote:One time on the Village level at the start of the level I retreated all the units back towards the camera start location and they went blue and I never got control of the units back. I had to quit.

I have been unable to recreate the bug so I know this isn't a very useful bug report.
I encountered this bug the first time I played the map, but have subsequently played it several times, and likewise, have been unable to recreate the bug.

I've got more films if you've got time oz.