Myth II 1.7 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
killerking

Post by killerking »

Arzenic I totally agree with you about that! Would be very nice. It would also be nice that if you were viewing a long replay, let's say mazz, and suddenly a few units die you could go back a few minutes and see what went wrong instead of having to watch the whole replay again. Ok my bug:
Let it be clear: I'm using caps lock here and I already received all the units.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I see no bug, the reason the highlight feature was modified like that I imagine was because some people (not me I have better vision :wink: ) would confuse the units that were highlighted with units they have selected. So they didn't always or at least not right away tell which were selected and which are just highlighted.
killerking

Post by killerking »

Well this is much more confusing! I sometimes think the units are from my teammate but actually they're mine. They usually die when that happens.
Also, could this thing be fixed: when I save a multiplayer replay it always makes my units red. When I play coop this doesn't happen.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Your teammate would show up with blue boxes. Your selected units show up with yellow boxes. Your hightlighted units that are not selected only show their health and mana bars.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

See... this is a lesson many people in the myth community havent had to give for a long long time, and maybe nobody's picking up on the signs.

If you're having trouble figuring out which units are yours with the availability of both the Capslock key, AND the Return key, you need to go back and re-play the tutorial, because you are a noob.

Furthermore, hasn't anyone heard about creating Presets before? I can't really play myth without it anymore. I catergorize unit types and use about 3 or 4 different presets. If i want to select a group of units in a fray, i dont have to pick and choose. Just hit the hotkeys and get the hell outa there.

This was a basic lesson in safety. Go play myth, go have fun, don't suck bad. :)
killerking

Post by killerking »

DUDE IT JUST SAID IT AND POSTED A SCREENSHOT.
MY OWN [BLAM] UNITS HAVE A BLUE BOX WHEN USING CAPSLOCK. THIS IS ANNOYING BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME COLOR AS NEUTRAL/TEAMMATE UNITS.

GO BUY YOURSELF SOME GLASSES AND KLICK THE THUMBNAIL AGAIN.

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM FIGURING OUT WHICH UNITS ARE MINE WITH ENTER BTW.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

The dev team is now aware of these concerns about the highlighting function and we will review it before the final release. Please move on to other topics.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

killerking wrote:...MY OWN [BLAM] UNITS HAVE A BLUE BOX WHEN USING CAPSLOCK...
There are no blue boxes in that image.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

killerking wrote:IT'S THE SAME COLOR AS NEUTRAL/TEAMMATE UNITS.

GO BUY YOURSELF SOME GLASSES AND KLICK THE THUMBNAIL AGAIN.
Calm yourself, no need to yell. I'd highly suggest you take your own advice though and get your eyes checked, or maybe tweak the colour settings on your monitor, because what you keep saying is they're the same colour as team mates units.... but you OWN all the units in that screenshot, so there is no actual direct comparison to _prove_ what you are saying, since there's no blue units next to you. If your point is actually valid, go replicate the bug on a level by yourself like Willow Creek, where there are uncontrollable peasants.

I'm totally positive, as Pyro and all the devs are, that there are _no_ selection boxes around your units in that screenshot. Just health bars and green dots on the overhead.

Everyone understands you have an issue with the way the new system works, all we're trying to do is clairify for you exactly what's happening... because what you describe is false. :)

If it's really bothering you, go turn that feature off in prefs. Play like it's 1999 dude!
joecinq03

Post by joecinq03 »

i fully support arz's idea, i find it brilliant and am frankly jealous that i did not come up with it first
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

A rewind option for viewing films would be a very welcome addition, even if it's just 100%, 50% and 25% reverse speed.
joecinq03

Post by joecinq03 »

is it possible to make 1.7 red for 1.6 and below users? I think the gameplay changes are significant enough to warrant it.

actually my real motive here is because its annoying to constantly check to make sure everyone has 1.7 before starting the game
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

As soon as Myrd thinks 1.7 is good to be the final version, I suggest to update the demo to 1.7 as well, and then disable anyone still using at least 1.5.

Disabling 1.6 might not be practical right now, but 1.5 must go.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

You mean 1.5.1. Because no one is on 1.5 anymore.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GodzFire wrote:A rewind option for viewing films would be a very welcome addition, even if it's just 100%, 50% and 25% reverse speed.
Thats going to be pretty difficult since replaying a game, is quite literally that - rePLAYing the game. It's not a film that's being played back, it's the game itself being replayed but with recorded player actions instead of interactive actions.

I am not on the dev team, but I can't even imagine how this could possibly be done. You can't just make a movie(quicktime) of the game either because then you would lose all camera control in the 'replay'.