Scripters and other skilled myth DEVS WANTED

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Re: Scripters and other skilled myth DEVS WANTED

Post by vinylrake »

i know i will be dismissed as one of the many 'haters who've never tried your stuff', but seriously that's a lot of work for someone to go through who wants to see the status of your project.

ps. i have downloaded several of the betas and played them.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Renwood wrote:Cool beans! thanks gugusm!

Well to start with there is Land Of Despair.
Its our flagship map at this point.

I can E mail you these files or i can tell you where to get them on udogs. but they arent in 1 folder or even 1 person's folder so maybe e mail would be best.
we do have an FTP as well......or maybe ill just put them all in 1 zip folder and upload them to my udogs folder....right now! wooo. look for it in my Udogs folder in about an hour it will be called "Gugusm stuff" :::EDIT it just fnished uploading so its in there now!::: Also get "Gugusm stuff part 2 spiders and vortexs" its in my udogs folder as well now.

the newest version is LOD JG's Dtex Beta, Jod god added some really nice custom detail textures to it for us.

then you will need JmanAutoHealLOD its just Land of Despair with the AI Auto healing added to the map, so just extrack him and place him on the LOD JG's Dtex Beta version.

Then there is the satchel gathering Dwarf that Fury made us. its called:
Dwarf Satch Pickup. When you load that plugin he appears on the WIllow Creek at appears on top.
extrack him/it and place him JG's LOD as well.

We also have a AI inventory Puss gathering or satchel gathering Ghols as well.
they have been missplaced and Classic will find them and send them to me or make new ones.

there is also something called:
Spiders and vortexes if you can extrack the "wind spirit" unit from that map, its one of the spells the watcher has on that map

start with that and i will send you a detailed description of how the rest of LoD needs to be scripted. as i said its about 65% done allready with normal non ai scripting for map actions.

It would help a lot to if we could play the LoD map together so i can show you in game how things go and what needs to be added and so you can get a feeling for the gameplay on the map. BTW this map is ment to be played COOP. it could be played single player, but its a bit hard alone at full speed.

Thanks for your help Gugusm!

-Renwood
omg
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

that info is for gugusm, not for average people wanting to try our stuff.
before the end of the year we will have a fully playable demo for people to try out.
that will be simple plug and play.

-renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Still.... at the very least, one would think you could compile a local folder to upload for him that includes everything required to get going on the project. That's alot of extra steps just to get started.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I myself would be forgetting it if I had to do so much stuff just to open a map and start scripting. Looks worst than an OS installation
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood wrote:...before the end of the year we will have a fully playable demo for people to try out.
that will be simple plug and play.
coolness! I am greatly looking forward to seeing what you guys have been up to.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Now Now he just wants to know if you want to volunteer. If you don't dont respond.

This is not a place to judge the teams project management methods.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Well ooga might have suggested a local, he isnt around right now as hes rebuilding his comps. i got him a bunch of puter parts on sunday that im going to send to him and road, so they can get back in action.

i myself like to work with plugins on a per map basis, easyier to keep track of whats what then combine it later.

i saved a tiny lizard today! i sat down in my chair and i was like "wtf is that on my hip?" i was going to squish it thinking it was a bug, then i noticed it wasnt moving like bugs do, and i saw a tiny lizard running around on me.

after chasing him around the room, i let him go outside. ~8^)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Renwood wrote:i myself like to work with plugins on a per map basis, easyier to keep track of whats what then combine it later.
Not sure how many times you've done this with a large project, but i can guarantee this will fail hard if the project is indeed as big as it's supposed to be.

Inevitably you will have tags with headers that overlap, and will have a real shit show to sort out down the line.

Master local is the way to go- this comes from someone who's been working on a LARGE project for some SEVERAL years now. I'd really really really suggest taking this advice and saving yourself tons of grief down the line.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Ooga is the one that decides the best way to keep track of evreything in the tagset/collections/maps.
I am working off of his 10+ years knowledge base of working with things myth related.

So dont worry we know what we are doing and how to get the results we want.

Again this forum thread is about looking for people to HELP, not to seek out advice.

Please post only if your interested in helping take on tasks to help complete the project.
Souly

Post by Souly »

correct me if you must....but aint advice also a form of HELP
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i am not ren, but my perception is that he believes his team has a pretty good handle on what they need to do and what they are able to and have the time to do, so he/they is/are only looking for help on a specific list of tasks. other 'help' including help of the 'you know what you should do? paint all your maps in a black and white paint program like MacPaint and then print them out enlarged and paint the paper map by hand using oil paints then scan the whole thing into Photoshop and stitch it back together, that's what my grandfather used to do during the war when they didn't have enough electricity to keep the computers running all the time - he made some GREAT M2 maps back in the day!" type isn't really wanted.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

if people are not interested in helping him, why even bother replying or insulting him
if people are interested in helping him, just do so
too much fuzz, too many pyrotechnics and little action doers...
wankers

haha

good way to come back into posting after 1 year gone no?
hahahaha
:wink:
wasssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppp !!! :mrgreen:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Yay Carlinho your back!

feel like scripting anything? lol!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

carlinho wrote:if people are not interested in helping him, why even bother replying or insulting him
if people are interested in helping him, just do so
too much fuzz, too many pyrotechnics and little action doers...
wankers

haha

good way to come back into posting after 1 year gone no?
hahahaha
:wink:
wasssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppp !!! :mrgreen:
What I keep saying "Why can't the Myth community go for a few weeks without SOME Drama?"
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD