Myth II 1.8.0 Final

Talk about anything here.
capital

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Final

Post by capital »

Myth Crashes 1.8 when I try access multi plugins as a coop, this NEVER happened in 1.7.2 and Below.
Attachments
myth_crashlog- 2013-06-13 16.19.29.txt
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Two things... first you are running the old 1.8 build (422). Get the new one (424) at the Tain. Second, did you just copy the Myth exe to a different folder? Something about one of the dialogs it did not like. Make sure you run the new 1.8 installer to see if this fixes your problem.
capital

Post by capital »

Pyro wrote:Two things... first you are running the old 1.8 build (422). Get the new one (424) at the Tain. Second, did you just copy the Myth exe to a different folder? Something about one of the dialogs it did not like. Make sure you run the new 1.8 installer to see if this fixes your problem.
I used the installer.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Ok use the new one. What else did you do? Did your local have something? Maybe you tried to load a plugin that has messed up tags. What plugin did you try to select or run?
capital

Post by capital »

I have done this in the past no problem, hold down arrow key in title box and switch between coop/multi screens. Then when coop mode gets enabled for a multi player map play it...

It could be bc the hosting screen has been messed with since 1.7.2

also you can not enable Multiple plugins at the same time anymore, I think this in itself means the old interface was better.

UPDATE: the B424 STILL crashes...
Attachments
myth_crashlog- 2013-06-13 17.05.02.txt
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Well you are trying to make use of a non-supported quirk in the game. It isn't surprising it would eventually break as a side effect to certain changes. Perhaps if it had been tested within the last few years it could have been prevented for the 1.8.0 final.

For anyone curious about reproducing this issue... Host a game and go to game options to choose the map. Click on the text field for the game name. Hold down an arrow key and start clicking like crazy on the coop checkbox. Eventually you see it does not switch the netgame pic from a coop to a multiplayer game or vice versa. Once you have a multiplayer map selected on Coop mode or a coop map selected on multiplayer mode, select a non-default mapset. Click Ok and you crash.

Strange, my crashlog looks different.
Attachments
myth_crashlog- 2013-06-13 19.13.13.txt
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

capital wrote:I have done this in the past no problem, hold down arrow key in title box and switch between coop/multi screens. Then when coop mode gets enabled for a multi player map play it...
Interesting, we'll put it on on the buglist for 1.8.1. Do you happen to know of any other wacky UI exploits?
capital wrote:also you can not enable Multiple plugins at the same time anymore, I think this in itself means the old interface was better.
You can enable multiple tagsets. Is there a specific combination of plugins you're trying to play that isn't working?
capital

Post by capital »

This is not an exploit, it has been myth since TFL. It just not documented feature which has been broken.

Re plugins, tagsets aren't plugins, so behaviour of enabling multiple plugs has been (perma) lost w/ 1.8 UI changeover.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

You're spamming clicks into the UI to confuse it and make it do something it isn't supposed to do. That's practically the definition of an exploit.

Why do you need to load multiple non-tagset plugins? What are you trying to accomplish?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Melekor wrote:You're spamming clicks into the UI to confuse it and make it do something it isn't supposed to do. That's practically the definition of an exploit.

Why do you need to load multiple non-tagset plugins? What are you trying to accomplish?
not the original poster, but what if one wanted to play with a plugin that altered physics and another one that changed the net balls or flags?

ps. It shouldn't be up to the community to prove WHY we want something that has been taken away in 1.8. UNLESS there was a specific reason for taking it out (beyond a feeling of "no one needs to do that anyways") it should go back in ASAP.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Capital are you trying to do the Light Vs Dark or Netgame modes on single/coop map trick?

I am pushing to have Light/Dark and Deathmatch added as an option for solo/coop maps in 1.8.1. It was a lot of fun back in the day to play with a group.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

vinylrake wrote: not the original poster, but what if one wanted to play with a plugin that altered physics and another one that changed the net balls or flags?
Neither of those things would be a map plugin. You can't play multiple maps at once; the new behavior makes a lot more sense.
vinylrake wrote: ps. It shouldn't be up to the community to prove WHY we want something that has been taken away in 1.8. UNLESS there was a specific reason for taking it out (beyond a feeling of "no one needs to do that anyways") it should go back in ASAP.
Are you seriously making this argument with respect to the buggy UI exploit?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

punkUser wrote:
vinylrake wrote:
vinylrake wrote: ps. It shouldn't be up to the community to prove WHY we want something that has been taken away in 1.8. UNLESS there was a specific reason for taking it out (beyond a feeling of "no one needs to do that anyways") it should go back in ASAP.
Are you seriously making this argument with respect to the buggy UI exploit?
I could make this case on the Saved Games change.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

vinylrake wrote:not the original poster, but what if one wanted to play with a plugin that altered physics and another one that changed the net balls or flags?

This shouldn't be a problem, as I explained you can load multiple tagsets. Have you tried 1.8?
ps. It shouldn't be up to the community to prove WHY we want something that has been taken away in 1.8. UNLESS there was a specific reason for taking it out (beyond a feeling of "no one needs to do that anyways") it should go back in ASAP.
Assuming you are referring to my question about why Cap wants to load multiple non-tagset plugins.. it is not unreasonable to ask what someone is trying to do in order to help them accomplish it.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

GodzFire wrote: I could make this case on the Saved Games change.
And in doing so you would further demonstrate your innate ability to completely ignore all valid reasons (by plugging your ears no doubt) that account for how it works in all modern games in favor of your own - clearly more important than all of that - relatively insignificant use case. Don't pretend we didn't already talk about this - and all the other stuff you complain about - at length on hotline.

But please, go ahead and prove how useless it is to have an adult discussion about this with you again...