links on creation website dead

Talk about anything here.
Surlythrall

Re: links on creation website dead

Post by Surlythrall »

Hi

I downloaded the 216.4 mb version and the file size on my disk is 226,930,744 bytes

Ned
Baak

Post by Baak »

I was able to fire up a TSG multiplayer game using 1.8 after re-downloading. I also compared the files to that on the Addicts site and they are identical once unzipped.

What are the errors you are getting unzipping? What O/S and unzip are you using?

Unzipped the files look like this to me:

TSG Level-Pack v1.4 - 307,601,307 bytes
TSG Tagset v1.4 - 51,472,918 bytes

Remember you need them both in your plugins folder for it to work.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you use a download manager? Maybe your file got interrupted at the very last part as the file size of the one I have is 350 bytes different.
Surlythrall

Post by Surlythrall »

Hi guys,

I keep getting file is broken errors when unzipping on both versions, zip and 7-z.
I added a Download Manager to Firefox because without it the download kept terminating and failing after a little while.

I will try again and let you know how it goes.

Ned
Attachments
crash.png
crash.png (41.82 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
Surlythrall

Post by Surlythrall »

Well, I tried again without the manager and both failed again.
This is a real dilly of a pickle! :o
Attachments
download fail.png
download fail.png (33.43 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Try a different download manager, like the one I mentioned here.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

I do want to point out though that if files require a download manager to download properly, that's kind of a problem. At this stage, why not switch it to just simple links/file serving? Whatever infrastructure is messing it up (completely download counts?) is serving minimal purpose at this point compared to having people be able to successfully get the files from standard browsers.
Surlythrall

Post by Surlythrall »

Flashget got the file alright, but I still get errors and it fails 7-zips test archive option.

Thanks for the help.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Opened a ticket with our hosting company. Want to confirm they didn't blacklist the downloader by mistake (they did this once before).

Is your d/l stopping midstream about the same time each time? (e.g. 7-8 minutes in)? Are you on a slightly slower connection? Does a d/l work for you for smaller files like 2MB - 10MB?
Surlythrall

Post by Surlythrall »

It usually stops about 10 - 15 mins after starting, but I download a lot of large stuff and haven't noticed it disconnecting before now. I will let you know if I come across any other problems on this end

Ned
Baak

Post by Baak »

Looks like it is our hosting company. They have some other new limit for long-running PHP scripts and this would come under that category. Sigh.

So, I will adjust the way this is processed on the OoH site to turn it into a regular link and let the browser take over from there. This will simplify things but will no longer track the downloads "perfectly" - but I would rather have them work than work perfectly.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Baak wrote:Looks like it is our hosting company. They have some other new limit for long-running PHP scripts and this would come under that category. Sigh.

So, I will adjust the way this is processed on the OoH site to turn it into a regular link and let the browser take over from there. This will simplify things but will no longer track the downloads "perfectly" - but I would rather have them work than work perfectly.
Ah that makes sense. Agreed it's not quite as ideal, but I think it's best to fix it for the majority of users.
Surlythrall

Post by Surlythrall »

Thanks for sorting it out :D
Baak

Post by Baak »

Ok - first cut of this is now in place. "bigger" files will now do a straight HTTP download. Will test more later.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Baak wrote:Looks like it is our hosting company. They have some other new limit for long-running PHP scripts and this would come under that category. Sigh.
Don't you just love how site5 changes their policies and limits with no warning or even explanation? I had an issue with them a few months back - supposedly my sites were over the HD limit - which was news to me since last I had heard they had been bumping up the limit by 40-50% every year and they had gotten so high that I had uploaded a metric ton of myth zips just for backup. So they changed their limits and I spent hours and hours downloading over slow DSL to try to reduce the HD space I was using up. never got it completely cleaned up then next time I checked there was no actual space limit - it was now some magical resource point system which is nearly inscrutable and as far as I can tell - practically undocumented in any meaningful way.

I'd dump them in a second if it wasn't so much work transferring things to another hosting company.